PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

I´ve been checking some previews of Fifa 08´s gameplay and believe me, I´ve never played fifa because PES was way better, but if KONAMI´s promises doesn´t come true with the release of PES2008, I´m definitly gonna play FIFA 08 because it looks really (I mean REALLY) great. Besides, "improvements" of the last versions of PES were really dissapointing.

does anybodey know if it will be possible to use the old faces of PES6 for PES 08??
or is it not possible with the new engine??

Hi, my PC's config as follows:

Intel Core2Duo E4400
ATI HD2600XT DDR4 256MB RAM
2Gb RAM

Can I play PES2008 smoothly?

fifa will ALWAYS be unrealistic.. always i think.. mm maybe fifa will be improved finaly, but when you play you will be bored pretty fast, search for some trailers on google and you see the same old boring gameplay, when you score it looks SOOOO SOOOOO boring :S so unrealistic how the ball hits the net and the players it self are not great looking also, the legs and knee's looks ugly also, it almost looks like a G I joe leg :P , even pes 5 will play better then the newest fifa i think

Last edited:
Hi, my PC's config as follows:

Intel Core2Duo E4400
ATI HD2600XT DDR4 256MB RAM
2Gb RAM

Can I play PES2008 smoothly?

wow! are you joking?? lol
you'll abosolutely be able to play PES2008! 2 gb ram... intel core duo... wow, i thought that these type of PC's were only for millionaires!

Nah you could build one of them machines yourself for not too much money....

I´ve been checking some previews of Fifa 08´s gameplay and believe me, I´ve never played fifa because PES was way better, but if KONAMI´s promises doesn´t come true with the release of PES2008, I´m definitly gonna play FIFA 08 because it looks really (I mean REALLY) great. Besides, "improvements" of the last versions of PES were really dissapointing.

Are you serious? Fifa 08 current gen will never be as good as PES 2008 next-gen. Fifa 08 is just Fifa 07 with manual passing. That can't save it from the terrible gameplay of Fifa.

Shouldn't we have a demo by now? Didn't the last one come out early/mid August?

StayingPower, dont write off FIFA just yet, all the right noises are coming out of the next gen version.

StayingPower, dont write off FIFA just yet, all the right noises are coming out of the next gen version.

Yeah, next gen is quite good but current gen (which I assume Lobo is talking about as this is the PC ver. forum) was, is, and will be crap.

I still think PES next gen will be better than Fifa next gen. Fifa on the 360 does have a few big problems with it. If they can get those resolved (something that EA seems to have a problem doing), they might have a chance.

StayingPower, the current gen 07 wasnt that bad, in fact it was getting closer to WE/PES with every version.

StayingPower, the current gen 07 wasnt that bad, in fact it was getting closer to WE/PES with every version.

I thought it was terrible. Goals were the same every time. Animations weren't very good. The only thing I liked was the ball not being tied to the players feet so much.

Well if there's one thing we can count on in PES, it's that the menus will always be crap. =D

Still, looks like the Master League has a few interesting components added.

ive been thinking about the picture with the face import feature. I think Konami will also implement a kit import feature. It would be stupid not to do. No licensing, ok, but why would they want to avoid us to complete the game?

what do you think?

i'm getting my computer ready for pro evo 2008, would i be able to play it ok with my specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
1GB DDR2 PC2-6400
Geforce 8800GTS 320MB

thanks

320mb GFX card? sounds a bit odd to me. Would have thought it would be 256 or 512.

Is that Castolo giving autographs? Looks nice, but i find the images kinda funny, to see the master league default players in those situations.

yeah its like the geforce cards have 320mb, 640mb and 768mb. does sound a little crazy.

the amount of ram used in a Graphix Card depends on the Board company not the GPU company I think, so you get the amount of ram you choose by choosing your board.
I asked before and noone answered, does player hair move along with player running and stuff?

the amount of ram used in a Graphix Card depends on the Board company not the GPU company I think, so you get the amount of ram you choose by choosing your board.
I asked before and noone answered, does player hair move along with player running and stuff?

look i know abit about computers and the memory size in a graphics card is to determin what resoulution you can play a game on a reasonable framerate. a 320mb can run up to 1280x res on most games whilst the 640mb upwards are for people who have huge monitors such has 1680x1050

Back
Top Bottom