PES 2008 Demo Impressions

The demo is a old version.Konami had since then(July) all the time to improve the game.
Don't worry guys the game will be great.
Fifa08?Well, i must admit it, it's a good football game...But there's a big unrealistic thing: The Pitch!!!Its too small on the sides...

By the same token, the FIFA 08 demo is old too. Many things have been improved in the retail version.

The Pitch is too small in FIFA? Looks fine to me. In PES didn't Seabass make the pitch artificially small as to create a more pressing game?

For those of you who wants to give Fifa 08 a try, you should really take the tips from other players! Cause if you learn how to play the game I think you will love it! I hated it when I tried it, but after taking up some tips and getting the hang of it, it truly feels like a next gen and a real football game. Its a demo and the pace and reaction time will be improved for the final release. Its not a football game you can just pick up and start running at goal over and over again and winning 3/4-0 each game! This is about team football and making the right call all the way from defence.
As for the PES 2008 demo on the 360, its what I expected. Its only a demo as well and will hopefully be improved on release. I think it will be a fun game to pick up and easy to play with mates who dont play that much. I love editing and that will come back to. But overall, Fifa 08 is in my mind a GREAT soccer game when you put your effort in it. I will be getting both games, but I belive Fifa 08 will be the one played the most. Cause in Fifa 08 it has made me jump up from my seat after scoring a great goal with great build-up and I have not had that experience since Pes 4 on the ps2. Fifa 08 feels new & next gen, but PES 2008 is still same old Pes and that will be fun for some time as it has been with Pes 5/6.. There is a reason why so many pes loving players are now saying that Fifa 08 is a fantastic game, and that reason should be looked at. Right?

well said:applause: that's what i think also

For me it makes no sense at all to release demo if it's giving picture of the real game. I mean which would release demo which would give wrong picture of game. Surely it could have some tweaking, but if there is major change between demo&real game, then Konami really should think who are to blame to give bad picture of the game.

How customer should know that "yes demo is crappy, but the real game is good". Just trust it will be? Right. For me, it's about me testing what I want to buy. That's what's purpose to release demos.

Speed is killing this demo and another thing is that it's just about scoring goal or preventing other team to score goal. There is just 1% of middfield playing. So it really doesn't feel like football. It could be fun with some tweaks, but it would need major tweaking to feel like real football simulation. So far FIFA have been a lot closer to real football this year.

the only reason the demo is actually being released is because of FIfa's demo so Konami had to respond;)..but if you dont enjoy it thats upto you

Yes in Fifa the pitch is to small...
I don't have fun to play with the wings.
But maybe its a problem with the camera.
Don't get me wrong, i never liked Fifa b4, but this year i found it
really enjoyable.

I dont have a Xbox360 anymore but I still play PES6 both on the PC and on the PS2. And to me PES6 feels slow and sluggish quite often so Im actually happy to read that PES2008 is faster.

And hasnt it always been Fifa-players defending their fifa-demos with "its still an early demo, it will improve yadayadayada" ? Now the PES-players say that, and now its bullshit?

Im looking forward to trying the PES2008 demo on PS3 as those Winningeleven guys said it was supposed to be better here. Tried the Fifa 08 demo on the PS3, and daaaam its slow and just doesnt feel right and fluid at all. It has improved a lot tho but simply because of the slow pace, I wont be buying it.

I too am a PES nut (I wouldn't be on this forum otherwise) but I have played both demos (Xbox 360) and clearly fifa is the winner (To me)

I have heard so much now about people playing the final build of Fifa and it sounds brilliant. I am genuinly excited about Fifa and have no emotion whatsoever to PES (Which has shocked me!). Maybe its because the demo let me down - maybe its because Fifa is out earlier. But I think it is because Fifa is going to be superior.

I love PES and all the years of great gaming it gave me, but what I love more is having a great football game (The best most realistic football game) - If Fifa is better then so be it. I don't owe Konami anything and neither do any of you guys.

If PES in your eyes is better play it - but for those of you that are not going to give Fifa a go, you are only doing yourself a disservice.

We are on this forum because we were playing the best football game out there and show our appreciation of that – to give our opinions on how to make the game better etc. In my eyes our loyal backing of konami was justified by the fact it was the best game on the market – but I am not loyal to them anymore. They are not listening to the fans and as time goes on it seems they do not care what we think.

Hopefully they up their game and realise people are not going to just buy their game blindly anymore – the fans want to be heard and listened to and I think the only team to do this is EA and with Fifa.

Time changes everything and some people need to realise that – PES was revolutionary – but Fifa as a next gen title is definitely Evolving and it seems to be leaving PES in the shade.

If you just want the best football game then why all the fighting?! everyone should embrace the best one and overall at the moment I find it very hard how any argument can make PES better than Fifa.

It is of course my opinion. But people should be more open minded.

Lets just enjoy the football and have fun :-)

And hasnt it always been Fifa-players defending their fifa-demos with "its still an early demo, it will improve yadayadayada" ? Now the PES-players say that, and now its bullshit?

If you are refering to my comment, I'm not fan of any gamehouse. I'm just wanting to play football as realistic as possible. And I don't mind about who is delivering it. Last ~5years that have been PES, but atm demos give very different picture of game. And honestly, if some gamehouse will release demo it really should give good picture of the game. Surely it's no point to release demo which won't give good picture of game. In this case it isn't "any publicity is good publicity", but bad one is bad one.

And I don't like this camp thing anyway at all. Like putting those who like FIFA to FIFA camp, like they could not play PES as well. Or if some is enjoying PES then the opposite. Sadly it seems this is some kind of trend. Like some ppl aren't actually playing the other game and still bashing it just because it's from Konami/EA.

edit:Should have been reading before since it seems bbbybx already pointed out same thing(s).

what is the PES 2008 demo like, can you play a full match or is it like the fifa demo which only lets you play 1 half.

as long as the gameplay is good, the PES fans will be happy.

but the evolution has stopped at "good". We'll be stuck with the same "good" game play for the next couple of years.

can't wait!!! :\

Oh well, it's like stepping into a time machine. Same ol same ol. I aint tried the demo yet so I aint gonna comment on it. 7Gb/month? try 15Mb/month (thats bandwidth quota, dam Vodafone)

Anyhoo. I aint sure if the demo is the old dizzle from Lep show or not. I have read on gamespot that the latest build @ TGS was a damsite better just hoping from some of your comments it is.

I bought PES6, played it for 2 days and took it back to Gamestation. I couldn't get into it and it made me onna screw the pad up, then when on one of few occasions that I got a half decent goal, I couldn't save it and that done it for me so back it went (manual says yes, game says no) and I did (horrors of horrors) buy fifa 07 cause it miffed me less than PES6 did and I could have an occasional game online with friends.

If it aint no better this year I'll probably be doing the same all over again. I'll wait until the final retail copy is in my hands (mebe sneak a butchers @ a review first) and see what it's all about. I can't see why people get so eaten up about things at all. I was as dissapointed as could be last year after forking out the mullah for that load of manure, but surely untill the games out harsh judgement should be reserved.

Will it be PES will it be FIFA, who knows, but the best of the 2 will end up with my cash. That I can say

Heres to eternal gaming hope.

Ok for those who are complaining that the demo if wayyy to fast and that the full game will be a near "perfect" simulation. The truth is they released the demo because you people asked for it. So stop complaining that you got a crappy demo and blame yourself, you asked for the demo.

Ok for those who are complaining that the demo if wayyy to fast and that the full game will be a near "perfect" simulation. The truth is they released the demo because you people asked for it. So stop complaining that you got a crappy demo and blame yourself, you asked for the demo.

We asked for a lot of other things in the actual game - that never was delivered!

If they listened to the fans - then they would have no problems at all. From what I have seen so far they have been lazy and releasing that demo just compounds the feeling I have about them.

They have been squeezing money out of us for ages re hashing the same game. We shouldn't blame ourselves - we should blame konami.

what is the PES 2008 demo like, can you play a full match or is it like the fifa demo which only lets you play 1 half.

It's full match, but just 5mins. So it's over pretty fast.

And to voltes5:

That's just too funny. I mean it's our fault that they are delivering bad demo which give bad taste of game...right. Demo is a way to market yourself. And this isn't really good marketing...

Jore2; Demo is a way to market yourself. And this isn't really good marketing...[/QUOTE said:
Konami's marketing dept have always been poor (and I am a qualified marketer - so I should know)They seem to think that buying ad boards at prem games two months before the game is out is all they need to do. They release early pics of non licenced teams FFS. making the game look second rate to FIFA right from the word go. They know that PES will always be out afetr FIFA, but seem to do nothing to persuade the masses to wait and get a better game (if indeed it is a better game this year.....) They let seabass say things like 'the master league is pefect' when pretty much eveyone says it's not and it's cleary lightyears behind FIFA's one player game.

as said before this demo is an old demo. this demo was used in july/august at E3 and Leipzig.
Now this demo has been made public to give the players a quick glance of the new PES. But dont expect this to be a realistic retail version. as i said the demo is about 3 or maybe even 4 months old. Since that time the developers have made changes via beta testers. Last year the Pes demo wasnt even close to the real PES6

So just wait until october 15th and then make your statement. Its too early to make a choice between FIFA and PES

the fact the this is an older demo DOESNt mean much

because the core gameplay, the engine WON'T change.

1. from august till sept is what... 1-2 months?
2. it's konami we're talkin about here.

seems like we have a flood of experts here.....

Last edited:
I am not sure on this demo. I seriously hope that the Final version will be better than this. I was very disappointed to see that the AI is very similar to PES6 and that some of the old problems are still there e.g. Deflections going to the CPU etc...

Guys it will be a great football game...
And btw, we are in the next gen i know but we cant expect too much...dont we?;)

Guys it will be a great football game...
And btw, we are in the next gen i know but we cant expect too much...dont we?;)

Might as well stick with the PS2 version with that attitude.

Look at great next-gen sports games like NBA2K7, NHL 2K7, Madden etc. If they can make a quick step-up to next-gen why can't Konami?

Might as well stick with the PS2 version with that attitude.

Look at great next-gen sports games like NBA2K7, NHL 2K7, Madden etc. If they can make a quick step-up to next-gen why can't Konami?

U have a point.
I just want to say that we can enjoy what we have.
Sure they can do better, but they can do worst also, like never do this game
again???
Well i'm maybe too positiv...
We'll c.

Alright lads,

Well I like just about everyone in this section have played the PES 2008 demo....and in my opinion I think it is significantly better than last year's PES certainly on the 360 and I must say that so far I am delighted with what I have played and seen from a graphical perspective also....at least they are attempting next gen with all the shaders and things......

I also notice that quite a few people who have hated the PES demo have recently been playing FIFA - now then ? Could it be that those people are now used to the way FIFA plays or is it just that they felt the PES demo was crap - both me and my older brother have been playing PES and FIFA games too since the ISS Pro Evolution 1 on the old PSX and we both agree that the new PES game is the best one so far in a long time, and I also do not think it is too fast I think the pace of the game compliments the way it plays. I think the new PES is awesome from what I have played so far I am delighted. Just thought I would give my views as a long time PES player and having played the demo also.

PS
To me FIFA tends to be the same pretty much every year and I cannot see how the FIFA is better than this ? Even from what I have played on the FIFA 08 demo allbeit not on the 360 I still think the gameplay of the new PES is miles better as it is much more fun and fluid in my opinion.

PS
To me FIFA tends to be the same pretty much every year and I cannot see how the FIFA is better than this ? Even from what I have played on the FIFA 08 demo allbeit not on the 360 I still think the gameplay of the new PES is miles better as it is much more fun and fluid in my opinion.

Well you are already giving answer to yourself. FIFA on 360 is totally different game than FIFA on PS2/PC.

And it's totally different than last year or even more than year before.

Jore2 on one hand you are correct, FIFA is different on Xbox 360 than it is on PC/PS2 - it's worse.

Now you was quick to jump all over my post just to neighsay - so now I am going to ask you to elaborate on your comments....would you please tell me how FIFA is so wildly different this year than in previous years ?? Because to me it looks and feels exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom