PES 2008 Demo Impressions

Well after playing the Demo about 1000 times i have to admit that this is the best piece of football game i have ever played. I'm not a Fanboy if i like PES more than FIFA. I just think that FIFA has a horrible Gameplay paired with horrible Player Models. Look at Players like Puyol, Van Bommel, Podolski and others. They look like apes. Its ridiculous how everyone complains about a Demo thats not the real game. On the other side i don't think Konami will change the speed or other aspects new and old Fifa Boys cry about. Only bugs will be fixed since next month.
I love the new PES and you can me call an idiot or a fan boy, i don't care. In my opinion the new PES will be MUCH better than W11-10 or PES6, and it will be better than this hyped Fifa08.

Actually, I'm not so sure anymore.

I've seen some 360 footage in the Winning Eleven forum and it's still as fast as the demo.

Looks like we'll have different version for the 360 and PS3. What the hell?

Talk about déjà-vu...

Last edited:
Well after playing the Demo about 1000 times i have to admit that this is the best piece of football game i have ever played. I'm not a Fanboy if i like PES more than FIFA. I just think that FIFA has a horrible Gameplay paired with horrible Player Models. Look at Players like Puyol, Van Bommel, Podolski and others. They look like apes. Its ridiculous how everyone complains about a Demo thats not the real game. On the other side i don't think Konami will change the speed or other aspects new and old Fifa Boys cry about. Only bugs will be fixed since next month.
I love the new PES and you can me call an idiot or a fan boy, i don't care. In my opinion the new PES will be MUCH better than W11-10 or PES6, and it will be better than this hyped Fifa08.

finally someone who shares the same thoughts of the demo.:applause:

Having still a long wait ahead of me here in latin america, I've been playing the demo alot.

I hated it at first, now I love it. And play it all the time.

I love alot of stuff about it, but I won't get into that since the list would go on forever, instead I'll mention a couple things I still hate:

- Framerate.. it's ruining the game and especially the replays.. make it smooth konami.

- Game speed.. Shooting and passing feels sooo fast... it's like the game fast forwards the second someone shoots or passes the ball, and then reverts to normal speed... Looks horribly arcadey..

- The far away grass detail... the one near looks amazing, then a couple meters in it suddenly drops to ps2 quality... the problem here is that the line that divides the two diferent looking grasses is always clearly visible on screen going up and down on the pitch.. really annoying, and a visual letdown.

Everyting else annoying, I've pretty much gotten used to and wouldn't mind if it stays the same for the American release.

ive been a pes player since the nintendo 64 and loved everyone of them. This year i like the new demo but it does play like last years. Each year it seems to evolve less and less. Konami need to be develop the game and take it to new levels especially with some of the visuals. I have played FIFA 08 demo and hated it but the full game for me is awsome and I never thought Id say that about a FIFA game. It plays smooth the passing is nice especially on manual the shooting works the visuals are stunning and the game flows with the buildups. The AI is smart and its a real challenge. You must take your hat off to EA this year as its simply better

finally I played the demo of new PES. I can arrange myself the speed of the game -although it is too fast-, I can arrange myself poor action of goalies etc. Stupid play of CPU makes me crazy. CPU tries only thru balls and crosses. There is no long range even mid range shotting attempt of CPU. Is this the result of team vision? If it's so, forget the team vision and PES. Does anybaody else experience it?

The graphics aren't really all that better than PES6 are they? Its not something that really affect the game so much but its pretty lazy, theres hardly any attempt to make it look anywhere as good as other sports titles (not just by EA)

Can anyone confirm this?

On the demo, one of the replay angles is from very far out. The same kind of camera as Long in previous versions but even more so.

Is this going to be a selectable camera in-game or is it confined just to the replay?

If it is selectable then happy days as I've always wanted to see more of the pitch via a Longer version of the Long camera.

P.S Since coming back to the demo for a second try after leaving it alone for a few weeks I'm really starting to enjoy it. Hated it at first. I think if this longer camera is usable the it may help to conceal some of the poorer animations as you are not so close to the players.

The PAL disk won't play on a US 360 though because of the region locking thing. Unless you have it modded and not too many people have that.

You can't say that now. I have a original xbox 360 with no mod at all and BIoshock US works wonder on my console. YOu can't say beforehand if it's compatible or not. Some games works most dont. But dont count on it.

It's not that hard to predict. It's a safe bet for example that any ubisoft title will be region free. It's also a safe bet that any EA title will be region locked.

You can't say that now. I have a original xbox 360 with no mod at all and BIoshock US works wonder on my console. YOu can't say beforehand if it's compatible or not. Some games works most dont. But dont count on it.

Every Konami title has been region locked on the PS2 and there's no reason to expect this to be any different.

I think this is the worst PES I've played. It's way too fast, if this was FIFA people would slay it for it's crazy speed and pinball effects. I hope the PS2 version is better because the 360 and PC versions suck. Still the PS2 version last year was the best so it should be awesome again this year.

Wish I still had a PS2, or I hope they are going to slow this game down, why have they messed with the pace! it didn't need touching. My only hope is the demo is based on W.E. which has always been slightly quicker, and for the euro released game, it will be slower.

You sound like a fanboy to me.

i have to admit am a fifa fanatic but lately im crossin over to pro evo, im very dissapointed with the new fifa, even tho its the best one they have ever made, each player on here doesnt feel individualized, they all feel the bloody same, am sik of it, im takin back my copy of fifa 08 to the store i bought it off, after seeing pro evo at my mates place and seeing how each player has there own individual strengths and weaknesses, which obviously stand out, and also seeing the demo of pro evo 2008 on youtube i cant F*&King wait, iv now realized fifa is nowhere near the heights of pro evo, i suppose its like driving a ferrari(prov evo) and then hoping into a ford falcon(fifa 08)

Funny. I'm doing the exact opposite of you this year. Going from Pro Evo to FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom