Patch 1.03 Feedback

I can't read comments with any judgement since I don't know if you guys play with pass support or not. Playing with pass support is not the same game, apples and oranges.

Pes 2012 has been a huge deception compared to the fun i had with the demos, off the ball moves under my control are terribly unresponsiveness, and there are many times that i don't have control at all (on rails), cpu cheating is a joke and all teams play the same inter mode (against Barceloona in semi finals) and counter attack perfectly quickly against a flawed defence. Shooting is the worst ever.

Anyway, I could have sold my copy before, but i still have a minor hope that they can deliever something more playable with these patchs. Too bad i will test this one only next year lol.

Really disliking goalies after this. It seems placed shots and long distance shots are almost always caught by goalies. In the past you could place shots into the corner of the net from just outside the box or on the edge, but now it's almost impossible. Goalies seem to be able to catch all shots from distance now.

It's an odd patch, the people that liked the shooting back in 1.00 dont like the patch and the people that loved 1.02 dont like the shooting.

For me the shooting is poor compared to Demo 2, they seem to have nerfed the shooting to make the keepers look good? For me i'd rather have decent shooting over good keepers but we are all different and as of right now it seems better goalkeepers outweigh the better shooting.

As WENB says "2012 is a a game for the fans" i just think they are talking about the wrong fans.

It's an odd patch, the people that liked the shooting back in 1.00 dont like the patch and the people that loved 1.02 dont like the shooting.

For me the shooting is poor compared to Demo 2, they seem to have nerfed the shooting to make the keepers look good? For me i'd rather have decent shooting over good keepers but we are all different and as of right now it seems better goalkeepers outweigh the better shooting.

As WENB says "2012 is a a game for the fans" i just think they are talking about the wrong fans.
I would definitely prefer better shooting over amazing goalkeepers.
Or at least more of a balance. When a new patch comes out they seem to make one thing better but change another for the worse.
Maybe next time the game will be developed properly from the outset and not have to be patched over and over again, although I reckon this edition will be patched even more.
I have scored a couple of absolute screamers but only with certain players and even then the timing and positioning have to be immaculate. If the goalkeepers were right from the word go I really don't think we would be in this position.

I would definitely prefer better shooting over amazing goalkeepers.
Or at least more of a balance. When a new patch comes out they seem to make one thing better but change another for the worse.
Maybe next time the game will be developed properly from the outset and not have to be patched over and over again, although I reckon this edition will be patched even more.
I have scored a couple of absolute screamers but only with certain players and even then the timing and positioning have to be immaculate. If the goalkeepers were right from the word go I really don't think we would be in this position.

Yeah dont get me wrong it's still possible to score screamers....infact i've got tons of them to upload and its what makes me still play this over Fifa i just wish it was consistent.

PES 2012 "the game for the fans" as it was billed...i dont think it was.

Last edited:
what annoy me most about this pes 2012 which I dont even consider that game being part of PES is the freaking FULL BACK!!!!!! dropping down the line to put player ON side for no FREAKING reason so the CPU can go one vs one with the keeper to make chances for the CPU to score! If ever off-side remain the same for next year im buying and burning my own copies I SWEAR!

For real the patch is solid, polishing the gameplay, make the game less crappy than its actualy is.

the player INDIVIDUALITY if completely gone, the basic aspect of why I fell in the love with the franchise. EVERY SINGLE player play ball to feet like their lionel messi and dishing trough ball like they are Xavi.

I dont know what happen at KONAMI but god this engine have the potential to make a good PES but they just failed so bad, its like they are trying to attract FIFA base players with cheesy gameplay and fraudulent mistakes.

Altough it is now a little bit harder to score as they seem to have tone down the accuracy of shots. The patch is a nice addition but too late the game is just so POOR this year... its a shame -_-

ps: sorry for my english =p

Updated game play file for 1.03

http://www.filesonic.com/file/VqUt3Uu

A lot of players now more accurately edited. Response reduced on a lot of players to remove skating. Some players edited to fit their form this season.

Wingers and forwards should now be more realistic and master league games should be less frustrating as players which were previously too responsive where almost impossible to stop.

As with all versions of this years PES, including the out of the box version,the game play will change depending on which stadium you are playing in and what time of day. My adive is to find a stadium you enjoy playing in and set that as you default stadium for whatever team you use in the master league.

I have re-arranged some team's default stadium to try and keep game play as consistant as it can be.

If you havent installed this option file before, install the full file and then the game play update

Full file - https://rapidshare.com/files/3846500469/PS3.rar
Update - http://www.filesonic.com/file/VqUt3Uu

For real the patch is solid, polishing the gameplay, make the game less crappy than its actualy is.

the player INDIVIDUALITY if completely gone, the basic aspect of why I fell in the love with the franchise. EVERY SINGLE player play ball to feet like their lionel messi and dishing trough ball like they are Xavi.

I dont know what happen at KONAMI but god this engine have the potential to make a good PES but they just failed so bad, its like they are trying to attract FIFA base players with cheesy gameplay and fraudulent mistakes.

Altough it is now a little bit harder to score as they seem to have tone down the accuracy of shots. The patch is a nice addition but too late the game is just so POOR this year... its a shame -_-

ps: sorry for my english =p

The amount of volleys in Superstar is unbelievable. Right now on average the CPU have about 20 attempts on goal, and over half of them are volleys from 20-25 yards out. Not only is the amount of attempts ridiculous, but basically EVERYTIME a ball bounce out of the box the volley will not only connect, but hit with crazy ball speed and accuracy. I will overlook the unrealistic number of attempts, but it is hard to not feel disappointed at the lack of variety the game is becoming.

It is me having a ton of ball possession, only for a stray pass or interception to turn the CPU on Real Madrid counter attack mode. Where defense will end up at a 1v1 just outside the box, and me trying to hold up the ball carrier, and if I am lucky the CPU will take a shot that I block and hopefully regain possession. Except 98% of the time the CPU will do this juke which forces my defender to miss a tackle (even though I am holding the stick away for hold up play) and they will shoot on goal for a corner. Which results in a CPU volley attempt 98% of the time.

Playing good defense just results in the CPU laying it off for a volley, or they will pass to the wing for a cross to the target man who will head it to someone for a volley. Those two things have to go, Messi dribbling by everyone and insane volley ability by everyone.

Really, 1.3 improved so many things, and it shows that it is doable. Most of the gameplay is in place, just a few more tweaks and it will be very very playable, aside from a myriad of bugs which are inexcusable but can be overlooked...

There is a great game in there somewhere, I hope Konami can deliver before 2013 hits.

Really?

I think this one is a bit of a turkey. At best, there's a reasonable game in there somewhere. Time for Seabass to start again from scratch.

Yeah, you are right. I'm playing the game now and the CPU just did a shot from 25 yards out, hits one of my defenders that I positioned to block the shot, the ball bounces right back into his feet, volleys again right away into the top corner for a goal.

What else can you do to defend against CPU trying to come back...

I really wonder sometimes why I subject myself to this.

Thanks for the updated file for 1.03 Chimps, quick question - do you save it to the edit data or save data on the ps3? I've forgotten.

Already need another patch to fix the crossing. My defenders stop tracking the attacker leaving 2 or 3 attackers at a free header. The AI are just a joke they skip past every tackle every time its pissing me off.

Already need another patch to fix the crossing. My defenders stop tracking the attacker leaving 2 or 3 attackers at a free header. The AI are just a joke they skip past every tackle every time its pissing me off.
Don't play the AI then. Ever fancied playing football in it's most simulated form? Join Pro Evo Elite Leagues for some truly unassisted football fun.

Am I the only one moderately enjoying this patch then? Still thing it's a marked improvement over the previous ones, not infatuated but I'm still semi-regularly playing ML.

Am I the only one moderately enjoying this patch then? Still thing it's a marked improvement over the previous ones, not infatuated but I'm still semi-regularly playing ML.

Nope, it's best one yet (running bugs gone so)

1.00 and 1.03 are the only playable version for me, although you have to seriously ramp up keeper stats in the former. I think shooting has improved now, it's generally going the way I want.

The game still hasn't won be round as a complete package though. It's almost as if it was a prequel to PES 2011 in some aspects.

After a forced break over the festive period, I'm now back into my ML. I must admit I'm finding 1.03 more balanced than previous patches, and I'm really enjoying FL. The matches are playing out very realistically on Zero Assistance, I'm very happy. They certainly took some umph out of the shooting, or at least now, you need to apply both more power and directional hold. Apart from that obvious tweak, everything feels so much nicer to me.

After a forced break over the festive period, I'm now back into my ML. I must admit I'm finding 1.03 more balanced than previous patches, and I'm really enjoying FL. The matches are playing out very realistically on Zero Assistance, I'm very happy. They certainly took some umph out of the shooting, or at least now, you need to apply both more power and directional hold. Apart from that obvious tweak, everything feels so much nicer to me.

Exactly, I'm lovin it now had some cracking games and scoring some great goals, top teams are hard to beat and the balance of play is a lot better.

Ok there are still a few niggles but overall it's the best game of footy I've played

I think it's a glitch, it happened in PES 2011 sometimes as well - the keeper just becomes immovable sometimes on free kicks.

Back
Top Bottom