Patch 1.03 Feedback

i noticed that too. defence AI is far worse than before, the CPU only needs to play high through balls to the CF and my defenders are running away from the ball. also a nightmare: players who have possession of the ball are losing the ball while running, then turning back and defenders seem to be physicaly nonexistent because even in replay you can see they should have touched the ball but the ball is going virtually "through" their legs, making defending a bit of a joke. goalkeepers are better when shooting from a distance but still a joke when shooting from inside the box and coming from an angle (they dive even before the shoot was taken!).

all in all the patch did not improve the game, it's not a surprise that FIFA outsells PES today in such an extend. which is a shame because FIFA is still not a good game. it's unbelievable that konami lost the magic of the game transfering PES from the PS2 to the PS3. FIFA has closed the gap, but only because PES got so bad on PS3... now you have the totally unsatisfying situation that PES is really bad compared to it's PS2 heydays, and FIFA is still unplayable for me because i don't like the (nonexisting) ball physic.

If there is one thing Fifa does amazingly well this year it's the ball physics.

No complete waste of time, you can't get a game. Should have had lobbies like what was asked for or even put it in the match room settings. Again Konami has done the bare minimal and not gone the whole hog.

all i noticed (on PC) is that now it's easier to play against CPU, which has its good and bad sides.

one of the good sides is that the number of cheap goals by CPU is reduced.

but one of the bad sides is that now it's easy to play against strong teams, for example, barcelona.

Keepers are still horsesh*t.

They dive but for some reason stay static on the spot? Okkkkkk konami that is what they do in real life ;)

Im going back to fifa, the gameplay gets boring but atleast the keepers are not a total joke and game wrecker.

Last edited:
I respect other PES players' opinions on here. Particularly the likes of chimps, who quite rightly says that he's in an ideal position to sense changes in gameplay after patches. So I went back and gave 1.03 another few solid hours of play.

I still don't perceive any changes at all, other than the keepers. I've played PES2012 for a total of 161 hours according to Track Record. I'd hope I'm also in a position to sense changes, or a lack of changes.

All I can ask is: Where are the Konami patchnotes detailing these 1.03 gameplay changes?

If it's true that Konami have made undocumented changes to PES gameplay in the past, could somebody please post a link to confirmation of this from Konami themselves?

Been playing this pretty much non-stop since last Monday (pre-patch, with Chimps edits)and continued to play since patch release and while I really enjoyed it pre-patch (note: this doesn't suggest perfection) I do think there has been a trickle down of changes that while not huge or even particularly noticeable, have made a difference to the game and have optimised the gameplay experience that little bit more.

If you are looking for huge sweeping changes, it hasn't and more than likely isn't going to happen unless they release and market and bona fide enhancement/update patch that runs into the hundreds of MB's or even pushes 1gb in size. I actually want this to happen in future so as it can act as something similar to the old Japanese/Korean games ''final evolution'' etc. releases but free of charge or only a couple of quid.

Anyway, back to the now and yeah, enjoying it to the extent that for all that there are things that need changing or removing, there is also a great deal I want to remain moving forward with this version and beyond.

Anyway, back to the now and yeah, enjoying it to the extent that for all that there are things that need changing or removing, there is also a great deal I want to remain moving forward with this version and beyond.

That's not surprising after reading about your playtests before release and your review of the game, I would of thought you would really only want minor tweaks for future games.

Last edited:
i guess this is to everybody's own taste but for me FIFA's ball physics are still below PES's`(especially when crossing).

PES ball physics are poor. The Ball never stops, i just watched a goal replay of a ball curling whilst moving slowly along the ground, impossible!

Who play in these times with CPU?:COAT:

In the past 3 years of PES I've played less then a handful of online games, just find it kinda pointless I suppose - PES is not a FPS, there are many people in the PES global community that have very little interest in online PES and like myself purely use PES for ML/BAP etc

I am going to be online later tonight.
Has anyone used the quick match zero passing assistance filter?
Are there matches available to play in there?

No such thing, only "similar level" whatever the fcuk that means. Could be o-3 for all we know. Useless Konami bellends.

No such thing, only "similar level" whatever the fcuk that means. Could be o-3 for all we know. Useless Konami bellends.

God only knows, you can't get a game anyway. So it was a complete waste of time. Why they couldn't have it so you can visually see what your opponent has it on then least you'd know whether you've been beaten fair and square.

the collision detection seemed to have been fucked up even more after the patch. I see no positives whatsoever from it. If anything, it has become even more rigid and sterile.

Played a friend online and he could kick me off the pitch, shove me from behind and get away with it. His non-stop group hustling is INSANE.

Plus crosses are still exploits. He outjumped my CB with MATA.

i guess this is to everybody's own taste but for me FIFA's ball physics are still below PES's`(especially when crossing).

I prefer Fifa's ball physics but i do agree with you about crossing. I can't quite put my finger on it but it does feel a bit off. Too much dip, too quickly, like every cross is whipped in perhaps. Corners feel a bit like that too.

On the other hand PES goes the other way. You can't whip it in if you want to. It's always a methodical cross into the box. Looping high.

Last edited:
With or without patch, this game sucks, you may agree or not , thats all you can do about it, only patch that helps this franchise is proper next gen engine.

You can tune your old car as much as you want, it will never become Ferrari.

Don't worry they change engine in Pes 2013. I'm sure.

if they do they are probably the most stupid company in the business. the console cycle is coming to an end, so why investing money when a year later in 2013 we'll have ps4/xbox720?. So that they would lag behing for the next 6-7 years once again? i don't believe that for a second.

And i personally don't think the current engine is so poor. pes 2011 was a good base for many things, it needed to be tweaked in some parts and it needed tons of better/new animations.

konami spent time in boring things like football life or useless/harmful things like off the ball movements/manual passing which make no sense at all for this serie. Passing should be stat based and off the ball movement should be a part of a well programmed AI (just a cheap way to overcome lazy programming). And it is not fun to select a players for a kick knowing the ball will go easily on his head. on line is an exploit that really pissed me off.

And the game presentation/visual/audio is embarassing to say the least, 0 feeling of being in a football stadium. pes 3 10 years ago had a better football feel than pes 2012.

the company does not need a new engine, it needs a direction. you clearly see they are lost and implement things, then they take them away the year after. 0 care for details, did u see the video on how the make chants? 10 japanese singing karaoke? is that all their sound eng can produce? amusing.

for this generation the game is pretty doomed. better invest now for the next gen before EA kicks them out of biz.

But in general japanese developers have fallen behind in every aspect of the ent. industry. So it is a cultural and generational issue. i am afraid thins are getting worse and not better.

Last edited:
I personally think that PES2012 is step back from the very good PES2011. PES2012 is not a bad game, but after PES2011 i expected more.

But could the reason not be the natural disasters that struck Japan? Surely this must have had an influence on the development team, their timing and the way theu had to work.

I personally think that PES2012 is step back from the very good PES2011. PES2012 is not a bad game, but after PES2011 i expected more.

But could the reason not be the natural disasters that struck Japan? Surely this must have had an influence on the development team, their timing and the way theu had to work.

No it was reported that they only missed 1 day also no chance would Konami shareholders and management allow for weeks upon weeks for days off.

if they do they are probably the most stupid company in the business. the console cycle is coming to an end, so why investing money when a year later in 2013 we'll have ps4/xbox720?. So that they would lag behing for the next 6-7 years once again? i don't believe that for a second.

It would make sense if the new engine is scalable and the new console-generation's architecture is not wildly different from this generation.

Probably Konami and other big developers already have seen PS4/Xbox3-prototypes and can plan accordingly.

PES definitely needs a new engine to get rid of the rails and to allow for much better animation, AI and ballphysics.

The current one is obviously running in the red zone, where every improvement on one side would have to be balanced with a worsening on the other side.

Put in a tons more matches on superstar in both exhibition and champions league mode. For the next patch I would like to see the following.

1) Fix the passing assistance level. Even on 0 bar it is clear the game adjusts the power bar scaling and that really messes up the gameplay when you are trying to pick out a pass between two teammates running at the same passing angle (imagine drawing a line from the ball carrier along the passing line, and one player is running at a point close by and another further away on the line).

Through pass power also seems to randomly change for no apparent reason, this needs to be fixed. High through pass has really weird power bar scaling, higher power should result in either faster speed or placing the ball in front of the runner. Right now there are times when a fully powered high through pass results in a slow and lofty trajectory.

2) Defender reaction needs to be adjusted. Covering CB's should be chasing the ball and closing down on the shooting angle especially when the ball is in the box. The CPU defense can do this very well, so this can be fixed. I would say, however, that 1.03 has dramatically improved player awareness overall, so just a little more adjustment would make the game even better.

3) Why do players slow down on through passes or on balls coming in from a 90 degrees angle? When they can sprint forward and trap the ball, instead they let the ball roll past them and chase after it. It is really bad to use super cancel sometimes in this situation because the player ends up losing track of the ball and it is difficult to get them to get "attached" to the ball.

4) Keepers.... They have some of the worst movement still. Even though 1.03 improved keepers' long shot blocking skills, you still see slow ground balls roll right into the goal because instead of running towards the ball, they just kind of sit down and let the ball roll in.

5) Although it's probably impossible to add new animations, but either CB's should be able to stretch their legs out more, or the stop and go dribbling needs to be looked at. I know players like Messi can do this in real life at times, but when you have two defenders back peddling on the ball carrier, its just annoying to see the CPU ALWAYS beating the first tackle, and sometimes even beating two in a row with the most unrealistic animation and movement speed.

6) It is very clear that you lose control of the player at times. Especially when the ball is headed out of the box when defending a corner. There are times when the ball is automatically cleared even when the cursor is on the player and you did not push square. I suspect this is connected to the issue where you can not control the keeper on freekicks even when you switch cursor to him. Right stick cursor selection will also refuse to let you select certain players at times. There is no reason why this bug is in the game even after 3 patches.

Hopefully another patch comes out within a month.

Seen so many people raving about pes2011 and how its a step back. I found pes2011 a good game but the flaws in player switching was massive and the defensive ai at times was truly awful. Pes2012 is a much better games even though i know it can be improved in a lot of areas.

Back
Top Bottom