Patch 1.03 Feedback

Hi chaps,

I must admit, in this 1.03 patch with Chimps's great improvements, the keepers are really performing ver well indeed.

Saving some real raspers from outside the box and just showing far more keen reflexes in close range efforts and deflections.

db

Hi chaps,

I must admit, in this 1.03 patch with Chimps's great improvements, the keepers are really performing ver well indeed.

Saving some real raspers from outside the box and just showing far more keen reflexes in close range efforts and deflections.

db

Thanks! What teams you been playing faith? I sometimes think some keepers are now good and pull of amazing reaction saves at close range

Thanks! What teams you been playing faith? I sometimes think some keepers are now good and pull of amazing reaction saves at close range

Hi mate

Basically just been doing my Master League with Leeds, playing against the other Championship sides. I recall playing Coventry and peppering their goal but couldn't beat their keeper and Celtic's custodian played a blinder too

Im convinced that in previous iterations of the game mid strength shots near to the keeper at say head height and close to them would go in, whereas now it seems that you need to place the ball or just spank the cr*p out of it!

db

Story of my biggest PES screw up to date!…

I just played a match offline against a friend today and got hammered 6-2 lol. Thats fine as i honestly dont mind losing. I just play for fun. But heres my story

2 of his goals were deflections – happens in real football but not anywhere near as often as in PES- BUT I can live with that

1 of his goals was a shot straight at my 77 rated keeper who just stone cold and rigidly dropped sideways to the ground like he had taken a bullet in the head from james bond – terrible animation – BUT I can live with that

2 goals becuase my AI just stood in no mans land and did not not even attempt to track my friends striker who got a huge advantage on the through ball – player intelligence? BUT i can live with that

What i CANT live with was – He got the ball to his winger on his left hand side – My right back went up to track him –

Suddenly I could not CURSOR SELECT a single defender! – I couldnt select the right back who had been taken over by the AI and I was not able to cursor select any of my defenders who were lurking in the box to intercept the cross or even mark his striker. They all just stood there motionless and unselected as if under some kind of Jedi force from the CPU

His winger then sent in a low cross which slowly rolled close to and yet past all 3 of my remaining “stoned” defenders who didnt even attempt to clear – and worst of all as I said none of whom I could even cursor select! Despite repeatedly pressing L1

Has anyone else experienced this? and is this what people mean by scripting?

I think people around here talk about the negative side of scripting when the AI does something against a human opponent and you can't control it. I don't really see it when playing 1 v 1 offline.

Is it possible it was your cursor setting? I think "assisted" sometimes takes over the player from you. I use semi-assisted so I only change player when I want to. But then again it could just be a bug? Hard to say without seeing it.

I find the right stick select doesn't work as well unless you get the direction spot on. Sometimes I want to select the defender closer to goal when someone's making a break but I can't just flick the stick towards the goal, I have to point directly at the player with the flick of the stick.

I think people around here talk about the negative side of scripting when the AI does something against a human opponent and you can't control it. I don't really see it when playing 1 v 1 offline.

Is it possible it was your cursor setting? I think "assisted" sometimes takes over the player from you. I use semi-assisted so I only change player when I want to. But then again it could just be a bug? Hard to say without seeing it.

I find the right stick select doesn't work as well unless you get the direction spot on. Sometimes I want to select the defender closer to goal when someone's making a break but I can't just flick the stick towards the goal, I have to point directly at the player with the flick of the stick.

It's the case of being unlucky and blaming it entirely on the computers ever lasting desire to win. Happens a lot on the Football Manager boards despite time and time again the developers explaining there is nothing in the code that differentiates the CPU to the player.

The problem is people will immediately notice if a glitch occurs that make stop them from finishing an effort or something, but they'll subconsciously ignore it if the happens down the other end for the CPU.

CPU gets all the loose balls, you can actually see their players run towards the loose ball in advance as they magically know where it is going to go. CPU runs 99% of the times at a perfectly timed pass to avoid off side for 1 mm and end up in front of the goalies in the same exact ways a million time a game. CPU has 2-3 patters of unreal goals, u can actually sense 2-3 secs in advance they are about to score. Almost every CPU players can driblle like messi. They shoot and score from outside the box like it was a piece of cake. IF u counter attack CPU players will all run towards their box in a nanosecond packing it with 9 defenders.

ps3, 0 assistance, 15 min games, prof or world class.

If u don't notice these things then i must have been given an unlucky version of the game full of scripting and cheating.

I am loving the 1.03 patch on ps3, but then I am playing only online random 1v1. Barca/Real are not so scary now :P

Having some wonderful matches.

Does anyone want the game to be patched further?
Or is everyone saying that this game is 100% fine as it is?

1.03 is the best version of PES 2012 so far but yes I play on semi assisted cursor selction and sometimes the cursor changing simply breaks down. You will notice it in time.
On some free kicks you cannot select and move your goal keeper.

Another thing that really annoys me is the AI making the defender run away for no reason from marking the striker / tracking the ball that has been sent in from a cross.

Things I want improved in particular in the next patch if there is one:

1. Goal Keepers.
2. Shooting.
3. Cursor changing.
4. Referee sensitivity.
5. Defensive AI decisions.

And please can they remove that far side Full back not tracking back but actualy STAY on his GOD DAMN DEFENSIVE LINE!!! this simple stuff make the Game completely HORRIBLE and NOT REALISTIC! Yes sometime player DO play people on side and leave lines but thats not suppose to happen EVERY FUCKING TIME!

Last edited:
Tbh now they should concentrate fully on making PES 2013 a good game and leave PES 2012 behind as no amount of patches will sort all the issues out.

Back
Top Bottom