Patch 1.03 Feedback

With or without patch, this game sucks, you may agree or not , thats all you can do about it, only patch that helps this franchise is proper next gen engine.

You can tune your old car as much as you want, it will never become Ferrari.

I couldn't disagree more, it's the football connoseur's game. Zero assistance, football heaven. The best in the franchise for my money.

Put in a tons more matches on superstar in both exhibition and champions league mode. For the next patch I would like to see the following.

1) Fix the passing assistance level. Even on 0 bar it is clear the game adjusts the power bar scaling and that really messes up the gameplay when you are trying to pick out a pass between two teammates running at the same passing angle (imagine drawing a line from the ball carrier along the passing line, and one player is running at a point close by and another further away on the line).

Through pass power also seems to randomly change for no apparent reason, this needs to be fixed. High through pass has really weird power bar scaling, higher power should result in either faster speed or placing the ball in front of the runner. Right now there are times when a fully powered high through pass results in a slow and lofty trajectory.

2) Defender reaction needs to be adjusted. Covering CB's should be chasing the ball and closing down on the shooting angle especially when the ball is in the box. The CPU defense can do this very well, so this can be fixed. I would say, however, that 1.03 has dramatically improved player awareness overall, so just a little more adjustment would make the game even better.

3) Why do players slow down on through passes or on balls coming in from a 90 degrees angle? When they can sprint forward and trap the ball, instead they let the ball roll past them and chase after it. It is really bad to use super cancel sometimes in this situation because the player ends up losing track of the ball and it is difficult to get them to get "attached" to the ball.

4) Keepers.... They have some of the worst movement still. Even though 1.03 improved keepers' long shot blocking skills, you still see slow ground balls roll right into the goal because instead of running towards the ball, they just kind of sit down and let the ball roll in.

5) Although it's probably impossible to add new animations, but either CB's should be able to stretch their legs out more, or the stop and go dribbling needs to be looked at. I know players like Messi can do this in real life at times, but when you have two defenders back peddling on the ball carrier, its just annoying to see the CPU ALWAYS beating the first tackle, and sometimes even beating two in a row with the most unrealistic animation and movement speed.

6) It is very clear that you lose control of the player at times. Especially when the ball is headed out of the box when defending a corner. There are times when the ball is automatically cleared even when the cursor is on the player and you did not push square. I suspect this is connected to the issue where you can not control the keeper on freekicks even when you switch cursor to him. Right stick cursor selection will also refuse to let you select certain players at times. There is no reason why this bug is in the game even after 3 patches.

Hopefully another patch comes out within a month.
Well said, i agree with you.

Number 1 is really disappointing. On 0-bar i think the power of the pass should be fully unassisted. About direction, we have the L2 for manual pass but i think the direction assist on 0-bar could be a bit decreased as well.

I personally think that PES2012 is step back from the very good PES2011. PES2012 is not a bad game, but after PES2011 i expected more.

But could the reason not be the natural disasters that struck Japan? Surely this must have had an influence on the development team, their timing and the way theu had to work.

It did have an impact. Stuff was pulled from the final title that was still planned even after the tsunami. But they weren't core to the game - I'm not saying the game would've been particularly different in gameplay without the tsunami. The impact would've been far more than a day though, even if they were back up after 1.

Last edited:
Whilst PES2011 was the best in the next-gen series, the mess that is PES2012 is making people remember it far more fondly than it merits. The AI was half-finished, players regularly ignored balls right next them...still a problem in 2012 actually, if slightly reduced. Attacking AI was pathetic.

Well wasn't there talk of Seabass doing a whole lot of coding work for PES 2012 while PES 2011 was being worked on/finalised. I wonder if PES 2011 is the base for PES 2013? Just throwing out the possibility. Who knows lol

Well wasn't there talk of Seabass doing a whole lot of coding work for PES 2012 while PES 2011 was being worked on/finalised. I wonder if PES 2011 is the base for PES 2013? Just throwing out the possibility. Who knows lol

I hope not, what we need is a bold new approach with completely new engines and new code, a revolution, not an evolution.

Even if it means that PES 2013 will be raw and unrefined, hopefully it gets rid of all the rails, delivers natural animations, a genuine AI, a two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system, an independent ball and realistic stats and gets rid of scripting.

PES 2014 can then deliver all the refinements a new code and new engine will undoubtedly need.

Not sure if it's because I have done so much on players stats this year, but with them and update 1.03, I absolutely love it.

I will have an update out for the PS3 specifically for 1.03 with some or all championship teams done in the next couple of days. If your on the PS3 make sure to give it a try and as some of the teams are just about as polished as they could be with this game engine and the game play is far better than the retail version or any version I have had out this year.

So far I have been unlucky with the konami patches, as they have released them just after I was happy with editing for the previous patch, but 1.03 enhances what I had done for 1.02.

I updated to 1.03 last night, from 1.00, after growing tired of the downloads prompts and having to use the 2nd controller (sprint bug). Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. I played 3 ML games and i didn't feel restricted or squeezed. I noticed my keeper perhaps catching some balls rather than just parrying them, but they were still a bit rubbish at some shots. But of course, they are the ML default keepers.

Not sure if it's because I have done so much on players stats this year, but with them and update 1.03, I absolutely love it.

I will have an update out for the PS3 specifically for 1.03 with some or all championship teams done in the next couple of days. If your on the PS3 make sure to give it a try and as some of the teams are just about as polished as they could be with this game engine and the game play is far better than the retail version or any version I have had out this year.

So far I have been unlucky with the konami patches, as they have released them just after I was happy with editing for the previous patch, but 1.03 enhances what I had done for 1.02.

You still on +1? I found it to fast and had to put it down a notch.

I updated to 1.03 last night, from 1.00, after growing tired of the downloads prompts and having to use the 2nd controller (sprint bug). Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. I played 3 ML games and i didn't feel restricted or squeezed. I noticed my keeper perhaps catching some balls rather than just parrying them, but they were still a bit rubbish at some shots. But of course, they are the ML default keepers.

1.03 aint to bad it's 1.01 and 1.02 that were bloody awful.

In all honesty, any placebo-inspired post by Jimmy since last year should be taken with a pinch of salt so I am not going to get my hopes up here.

Let me just say as much as I enjoyed PES 2011, despite its abundance of major flaws, I knew for certain PES 2012 was going to go down as soon as I played the first demo.

For me PES 2011 was very static. One of the most static PES games to date. It was a good game for tiki-taka style football where short passes were dominant (hence the praise from Barcelona fans), but it didn't recreate other styles of football at all.

Which brings me to the old "Seabass Fix" argument. To say whether PES or FIFA are simulation of football is as plain stupid as it is, but when Seabass claims Konami have tried to simulate football, well, let's see. For starters, catch up bug, CPU stats becoming god mode at higher difficulties, 'momentum' of the game are all against simulation. But the most important flaw in this game in the past couple of years has been the defensive AI. We all know how bad PES 2012's defending AI sucks. But the reason it didn't suck last year was that the offensive AI also blew. There were no forward runs, no diangonal ones. It is easy to make your defensive AI look good when simple basics of football are ignored. But in 2012, they introduced these overlapping runs etc and it all showed how bad defensive AI really was. Add this to the lack of player personality which was PES's main selling point imo, that is where you lose most of your fans.

Last edited:
Depends what teams and stadiums you are using in the file I have out at the minute, which is still only designed for 1.02

I have been sorting out a few things with some teams being made slightly slower for my next file for 1.03. Hopefully people should see an improvement again.

Which teams you been playing with?

I just play exhibition matches with with tons of different teams from Arsenal to Zenit :)

I hope not, what we need is a bold new approach with completely new engines and new code, a revolution, not an evolution.

Even if it means that PES 2013 will be raw and unrefined, hopefully it gets rid of all the rails, delivers natural animations, a genuine AI, a two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system, an independent ball and realistic stats and gets rid of scripting.

PES 2014 can then deliver all the refinements a new code and new engine will undoubtedly need.

You sir speak the truth.

I dont like the game at all. But still.... when they only delte the annoying momemtum scripts, the game would be much better.

Hmm, maybe better is not the best word to describe. I mean it would be alot more fun. Certainly online.

And thats what its all about playing a game: having fun.

Ok, i hate the keepers, i hate the shots, and other stuff, and off course i want it to be better.But i can live with that, i still can have fun with that game.

But i just cant live with the scripting. It takes away all fun. WHen i am playing i just feel the scripts are not occuring. Then the game plays not bad and its quite fun. But when the scripts enter the pitch the game instantly morvs into a sluggy unpleasend frustrating device.

This is a real gamebreaker for me. And it is since 2008.

Fix this with a patch if possible, and focus on 2013.

I just play exhibition matches with with tons of different teams from Arsenal to Zenit :)

I have had such a frustrating couple hours trying to play a world cup and a master league, I think I am finished with anything other than exhibition mode.

The game plays so differently depending on mode and stadium, it is impossible to play anything else consistantly and it is infuriating

With my last option file and konami patch 1.03, on certain stadiums though the day, the game is a joy. It looks great and plays perfect. Then you try a world cup

I picked Italy and my first game was against France. 2/3 of my team are on blue form arrows and I play in the Olympico at night. The game is clunky and unresponsive and awful and I have to try to even get to the end without turning PS off. Players from the championship in this game when in the Allianz Arena during the day, play better, move better, control the ball better and respond better than either the Italy or France team in the Olympico at night in the world cup

I play 5 games in total in the world cup before being knocked out by Germany, during which I have seen 5 different types of game depending on stadium and every time it loads a game at night, my heart sinks as I know its probably going to be awful. During the world cup, I am never able to pick anything like the same team for two games in a row as most of my players are on blue arrows and all need rested after a game.

I then give up the world cup and try a master league with Inter. They obviously play at the San Siro. In the first game all of my players are on orange or red arrows, which is completely different to the world cup. During the next few games I find that although all of my editing has been done on Allianz arena and that +1 feels right, games at the San Siro need the game set to 0 or -1. This isn't anything to do with ediding the game, the orginal konami OF seems worse

In my view this is a massive flaw in the this game and one that for the first time since owning PES, may make me completely miss out the master league. I could get away with the ludicrous requests from the chairman, players complaining of fatigue after one friendly and the arse they have made of training, but the changes in game play between each stadium is a disgrace

Yeah your so spot on, it was reported that the different gameplay in each stadium had been fixed this year...More PR bullshit. It was also reported that night matches play the same as day matches...again more PR bullshit.

Hopefully this brand spanking new engine solves these issues as currently the PS2 engine they still use cannot cope.

Yeah your so spot on, it was reported that the different gameplay in each stadium had been fixed this year...More PR bullshit. It was also reported that night matches play the same as day matches...again more PR bullshit.

Hopefully this brand spanking new engine solves these issues as currently the PS2 engine they still use cannot cope.
No offence mate but I don't think that you are ever going to enjoy this game. You are obviously not enjoying the experience.
From your silly ratings to which patch to which gamespeed to which option file to all konami's faults etc etc. It must be doing your head in looking for the holy grail of PES settings. Just have some fun playing the game and not spend so much time over analysing the shit out of it.

No offence mate but I don't think that you are ever going to enjoy this game. You are obviously not enjoying the experience.
From your silly ratings to which patch to which gamespeed to which option file to all konami's faults etc etc. It must be doing your head in looking for the holy grail of PES settings. Just have some fun playing the game and not spend so much time over analysing the shit out of it.

The game is enjoyable from time to time for me, Exhibition only with a few select stadiums in the daytime.

I dont over analyse any game, with PES since nxt-gen the downsides jump out at you rather than having to look for them. You honestly dont see the difference in play between stadiums and different times of the day that Chimp was talking about? If you dont do you use Chimps gameplay patch?

Awesome online games the other night by the way Makky, great stuff. My ankles are still bruised and battered, Norman 'Bite ya legs' Hunter eat your heart out. :LOL:

Last edited:
Awesome online games the other night by the way Makky, great stuff. My ankles and still bruised and battered, Norman 'Bite ya legs' Hunter eat your heart out. :LOL:
Chopper Harris they used to call me. Only joking.
Yes they were excellent games. So were the other games that I played against the other Peelers - You, Pere, Zeemeister and Louise.
Far far better than playing the AI, or online in lobby 1.
I know I need to tone down the fouls and the speed at which I play. That will come in time. Hope that I have done enough.

Louise certainly gives as much as she gets, for a women, she certainly gets stuck in. That's Glasweigans for you. :)

Last edited:
Guys on PC, I'm enjoying Pes2012 with Yair's latest gameplay patch.
It's wonderfull, beside a few visual issues, the gameplay is really fantastic and not compareable with original gameplay.

check post #1942
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/64579/page-65

Read the comments and give it a try! You won't be disappointed.

The final version will be available soon.

Using my file and 1.03, Allianz arena though the day feels like +1 it is perfect, the n try inter's San siro at day and -1 feels right. Then there are other stadiums like the olympico at night, which feel unresponsive and clunky and not right at any speed.

I`m going to test this out and report back my findings. Even though I am not using your file I took some of your ideas and applied them to the edits (used to be a pes stat maker) I made when I originally purchased the game.

Back
Top Bottom