Patch 1.03 Feedback

Jimmy G-Force

Resident PES Fanman
13 April 2003
Newcastle
Middlesbrough F.C.
Just thought it would be best to have a seperate feedback thread for the new PES 12 Patch 1.03.

I've not had chance to download it yet, as I'm at work. I've read a few interesting posts so far though, so I'll add them here. Feel free to add all the good, bad and the down-right ugly .......

This is very true to some extent. As much as I criticize the game, 2012 really did improve from 2011 on many levels.

I am playing the new patch(1.03) at the moment and I must say they did a good job fixing many issues that I had problems with.

Just a quick impression, there is more physical presence for the players. They do not just bounce off one another anymore, and you don't see the stumble animation nearly as much. If you can get past an opponent, they seem to have a harder time getting the ball off of you, which is much more realistic imo.

Turning speed seems to have been tweaked so the CPU player can't constantly pull off those 90degree turns anymore. Passing accuracy is tweaked so even on superstar the CPU don't connect every pass any longer.

One thing I noticed is that passing speed seemed to have been slowed down, or they made it so the passing power meter scales more in regards to who you are passing to. I believe they changed it so you can hit passes with close to max power without over passing the player. If this was the case, I wish they would provide a more clear explanation on this change cause it is very easy to underhit the pass for players used to playing on 0 passing assistance.

Overall the patch is a dramatic improvement for the better imo.

Just a couple more impressions for the new patch.

- It feels like they did remove the stat boosting for the CPU on harder difficulty. They can still find ways to penetrate with dribbling, but it isn't cheap like before. You clearly feel the difference between good dribblers and not so good ones.

- Defenders are much more realistic. Big and good defenders have much more presence, and are more alert and actually tries to clear the ball instead of ball watching. They get into the correct positions more than before as well. Also they will automatically try to block shots with better accuracy if they are in the path of the ball, this is a huge improvement from the ball watching defense in the previous version.

- Keeper is better. They defend long shots much better than before, and they do try to deflect the ball in the correct direction instead of just acting like a wall. I still haven't seen a ground shot yet so I don't know how they behave there.

I have to say I am impressed. There are still some nagging issues here and there, but the lower frequency in which they occur I can attribute them to mistakes in an actual game rather than being frustrated like before. This is the version they should have shipped in the first place, and I hope they do not stop here. The game should be patched at least two more times at this rate for 2012 to reach the level people expect.

I'll echo the sentiments above. Just had a quick go on the PC, out of the box settings (completely got rid of everything) to see how it plays. This is in exhibition mode mind, but playing as Liverpool the game seemed better for the better. Like they say above there seems an increased weight behind challenges and defenders, passing feels just about right. I still think they need to stop this floaty shot feeling though but that's my only real niggle.

Noticed a lovely little animation, where Friedel went back towards the goal and caught and held a looping header under the bar for a few seconds (to show to everyone that the ball hadn't crossed the line). Been watching a few CPU games with some fast teams too like Spurs v Milan, and the game seems to play well. By that I mean that fast teams are just about right on the right side of being fast, which bodes well I think that they are not overly dynamic. Which means generally 'other normal' teams with even pace will play at a better pace also.

I will leave more feedback through the day for both PC and PS3.

Do not play in exhibition mode, play in Master League offline to confirm these changes

I think what most people interests is:

1. Is the scripting and stat-boosting reduced or eliminated (espescially in the singleplayer-modes like ML or the other league-gamemodes)?
2. Does shooting now allow for more control over direction?
3. Has the parking in the bus-phenomenon (that got introduced with version 1.01 and 1.02 to hide the goalkeeper's problems) been removed?
4. Are the off-the-ball-rails reduced?
5. Is the goalkeeper more realistic in his abilities?

Seriously even in the best days and modes (when scripting is at a minimum) PES 2012 is merely a 70%-game to me, so many things are just wrong and badly implemented.

I've got the patch but a friend has borrowed my disc cause his missus scratched his original disk for some reason so i'll have to wait to go online with it..

i tried it online this afters in quick matches i was man city
and as usual i was up against barca real madrid and ac milan and my initial impressions were not very good. did not notice alot of difference except games felt slower but for some reason the AI of my defence and gk appeared worse joe hart had a mare in every game coming out for the ball on one occasion without me pressing the triangle to one of my oppents players then stopping dead and not even attempting to get back to his net when the ball had been passed.
also players on my defence that were controlled by the AI had a tendancy to move away from the ball rather than going to the ball as would happen in real life and some of the goals i was conceding were shocking and it was basically down to poor AI. there was less stumbleing i will admit but the AI of my teams players stank for some reason will give it another whirl tomorrow.
as i seem to find pes 2012 plays different nearly every time i stick the game in. one day its almost spot on and another day its like a bears arse.

Not played it in about a month now so I'm interested to see how this changes things.

Sounds very positive, but that's been the same for the initial impressions of every patch so far, despite the consensus being later that they've made it worse.

I'll dive straight into a new ML and see if it grabs my interest. Then may even delve into online for the first time seeing as they've set up non-assisted match-ups now.

All of you with the impressions please post what passing assistance you play.

Konami failed to capitalise on this opportunity to give us ZERO PASSING ASSISTANCE LOBBIES or quick matches.

Playing against a ping-pong pass assistance guy (95% of online gamers)is like playing two completely different games, where you will get beat nearly every time by a no talent, no football knowledge, button mashing ping-ponger with no skill or morals.

They should ghive these guys 1 to 2 ranking points for a win, but deduct 30-40 for a loss. So it takes them 20 wins to make up for that one loss.

That would be fair.

I couldnt help myself so downloaded the patch and had a quick game before heading out....

Briefly i thought the game was MUCH better, wasnt sure what passing option i had left it on but it felt great and when i checked it was 3 bars but it felt totally different from my last play.

CPU did not camp in their box and is much closer to 1.00, Shooting felt better but maybe not as good as demo 2 but better than 1.02.

As i say only had a quick shot but right now it does seem better...Placebo you ask? I hope not.

edit: Didnt mention ball physics...hugely improved.

It's placebo effect, maybe it's SLIGHTLY better but nothing too important
CPU still parks the bus,CPU free kicks are still too accurate, CPU players still dribble through you. Playing at Top player level in Offline Master League

First impressions, I'm impressed.

Top player, ML campaign, first pre-season friendly.

Immediately noticed how much slower the game felt. I had it on -1 and it felt too slow in fact, so I'd be interested to see how 0 plays.

Tackling is significantly easier, I was playing against AEK Athens and didn't really get taken on much at all.

Main difference was the passing, on 1 bar it felt a lot tighter, maybe more assisted, which is a good thing in my book. Through balls were arguably too easy.

Overall it just felt a lot more polished and balanced. The AI behaved well enough, didn't sit too deep and offered something going forward without resorting to ridiculous dribbling patterns. Had a nagging feeling it might be too easy after a few matches, as there seemed to be plenty of space to operate at times. Still, I only had 51% possession and less shots so who knows.

Definitely gunna give it a proper going over tonight, and maybe venture online. Looks promising anyway.

Posted this in the other thread, but thought it would be helpful to post it here as well. I'm using the PC version btw.

Ok I just tried to look for a 0 bar opponent on Quick Match, and the search timed out and said "No opponent found" after searching for about 5 minutes. It's either the 0 bar guys haven't got the patch yet, OR they don't know how to set the function. I'm being very optimistic lol.

For those who aren't sure, these are the steps:

1. When you are online, go to Options.
2. Online Settings
3. Quick Match Settings
4. Pass Support.
5. After that, go to Quick Match, Ranking Match(1v1) or whichever you prefer.
6. Wait for a long time to find that rare 0 bar opponent if they even exist.

Hopefully, it gets better when more people download the patch.

First impressions, I'm impressed.

Top player, ML campaign, first pre-season friendly.

Immediately noticed how much slower the game felt. I had it on -1 and it felt too slow in fact, so I'd be interested to see how 0 plays.

Tackling is significantly easier, I was playing against AEK Athens and didn't really get taken on much at all.

Main difference was the passing, on 1 bar it felt a lot tighter, maybe more assisted, which is a good thing in my book. Through balls were arguably too easy.

Overall it just felt a lot more polished and balanced. The AI behaved well enough, didn't sit too deep and offered something going forward without resorting to ridiculous dribbling patterns. Had a nagging feeling it might be too easy after a few matches, as there seemed to be plenty of space to operate at times. Still, I only had 51% possession and less shots so who knows.

Definitely gunna give it a proper going over tonight, and maybe venture online. Looks promising anyway.

try to play the league matches, not the pre-season friendly in master League, it's obvious the cheating, cpu parking the bus, etc, is still there

Fair play to them for again listening to feedback, but personally I am fucking sick they have fiddled with game play again

I have spent a decent amount of time over the last two weeks slowing the game and completely removing skating players and getting it wherethe opposition held onto the ball. I had looked at how players move, turn and dribble in detail and had it perfect and was just in the process of finishing of a game play patch that I think plays really well. Players who were tricking wingers moved like they should, midfielders were right and defenders were spot on

The exact same thing happened with 1.02. I got it right with 1.01, then they changed the game and I struggled to get to grips with 1.02. Player response was too high, making teams too easy to keep them in their half, then they break and their forwards are unstoppable.

Yeah, three games in and I have to say I'm really enjoying it again.

Dribbling is really nice. Poor players can move it around well enough but will struggle to beat anyone. The 'stumble bug' seems to be non-existent, the animation is still there but the player tends to retain the ball rather than automatically give it away the second they're brushed, which is excellent. Pace has been toned down, I don't think you're able to burn someone with raw speed anymore, unfortunate but I suppose it's a balancing issue.

Only complaint is shooting still feels a bit off. Ball is still gravitating towards the centre of the goal, or seemingly shooting off to the opposite direction.

But the physics, the weight of long balls especially, is definitely improved.

Keepers seem reasonably competent as well.

Professional, 0 pass

I’m finding that Ordaz and Co are benefiting from more loose balls coming their way and the weight of ground passes and through balls has improved. I've also actually caught up with a few mispasses before they trundle over the byline.

Still nothing of a midfield to speak about but the AI is allowing a bit more freedom to my plodders to at least try to make a game of it. When I remember to get the ball on their stronger feet those with relatively stronger ability settings manage to hit some sweet shots though a fair number remain directed towards the centre and/or the keeper.

I learned early on with this game to avoid the sprint button as the AI obviously went into overdrive at that point initiating the stumble but I tested this with Shimizu and he is able to outstrip some of the defences. As dannyfc2 noted the stumble is no longer as pronounced but in truth this was the case in earlier versions when I started to keep my finger away from ‘sprint’.

Still the annoyance of the cursor picking up the wrong player mainly across the centre of the park but learning to compensate for that.

All in all it looks at the moment as though I might finally get some way through a Master League before considering whether to snap the disc under my foot. By 1.06 we should all be laughing about this and wondering what all the fuss was about.:)

The shape of each team seems a bit off, I agree. While the AI isn't camping in it's own box they're still a bit stand-offish in midfield, hence the wealth of space you're allowed. I noticed the full backs seem pinned back in defence as well.

Still, I think you can allow for that since no PES/football game has ever got that balance right. It finally feels like a 'complete' game to me, a bit late and not 100% delivered on what we all expected but definitely worthwhile. I'm going to stick to this ML campaign until the AI becomes too predictable, by which time with any luck there should be a healthy unassisted online community.

It's amazing still how broken certain controls can be even after this patch. Why does Konami refuse to provide a clear description of what exactly is fixed? The patch notes they posted on the website is about as ambiguous as you can get.

You still can not control the keeper at times even after switching the cursor to him during freekicks. The right stick player selection is completely broken, the game simply won't let you switch to defenders in front of the opposing player during breakaways at times.

It is really amazing how such obvious bugs can make it through 3 patches.

It's amazing still how broken certain controls can be even after this patch. Why does Konami refuse to provide a clear description of what exactly is fixed? The patch notes they posted on the website is about as ambiguous as you can get.

You still can not control the keeper at times even after switching the cursor to him during freekicks. The right stick player selection is completely broken, the game simply won't let you switch to defenders in front of the opposing player during breakaways at times.

It is really amazing how such obvious bugs can make it through 3 patches.

Konami just dont fecking listen to us. Its about time they did if they want this game to succeed because this gen its not been the success as the ps2 days. Konami stop bloody listen to your fans for once.

I really like the new patch. Defending against the cpu is much better now and you won't see one perfectly timed deadly through pass after another. The game is a little bit easier now and you see some faults and bad passes by the cpu witch is very welcome. You don't need to be perfect in every game anymore to win and not every mistake you make will be punished. Nice one.

I only had time to play offline multi-player with mates last night. The main thing I noticed were the keepers, they are incredible. Arguably, too good. I'll need more time to test that though. They were very, very, very solid though. Keeping hold of nearly all shots, and the ones they couldnt, they palmed away to safety. We were using Montpellier, PSG, Marseille and St.Ettiene. I've never seen PES keepers perform like that before, they were immense all night.

Can someone confirm the patch overwrites Chimps with Quiffs gameplay patch? And if it doesnt how do i go about getting to play the game with Konami's stats?

I only had time to play offline multi-player with mates last night. The main thing I noticed were the keepers, they are incredible. Arguably, too good. I'll need more time to test that though. They were very, very, very solid though. Keeping hold of nearly all shots, and the ones they couldnt, they palmed away to safety. We were using Montpellier, PSG, Marseille and St.Ettiene. I've never seen PES keepers perform like that before, they were immense all night.

Didn't notice that at all in truth Jimmy. They didn't make any gaffs or weak palmed parries, and most of the clear cut chances were put away from both myself and the AI. Seemed fine to me generally.

Back
Top Bottom