OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

mazanga said:
I just applied the english patch. Has anybody already tried what happens if u select semi-fixed in your player settings?

No thats 1 thing i havent done yet in we10,but im to bussy with editing stats,playername,and patching,wanna get this baby 100%ready to play:) then enjoy it.
BTW anynews about OBOCAMAN maybe making a new version of GGS? the 6.1.1 freezes with WE10:(

Here is my impressions from WE10, I think everything I hated in WE9/PES5 is GONE!

+ The referee is great
*they dont blow the whistle every time you toutch the opponent
*and every time a saw a tackle that deserved a booking, the referee gave it a yellow card :)

+ the advantege rule is finalley used correctly

+ the game flow/speed feels very good and smooth

+ not as much player colissions so it disturbs the game

+ sliding tackles are more effective

- Spontaniasly I think Super cancel och stopping with :r2: isnt as effective as in WE9 (but maybe Im wrong)

- No new editable boot options, and still only 9 bootslots can be used at the same time

- Goalkeepers doesent catch the ball often, but when they save the ball they try to reflect it sideways and not straight out in the penalty area

Overall its the best WE-game to date :mrgreen:

jumbo said:
consoles are not pc's. the game runs the same on every system.
im not sayini your lyin but i do not believe you dont have the same problem as everyone else. maybe your not noticing it.

Fair enough mate, I get what your saying. I just haven't seen it so maybe give me a match it happens in, and I'll try it and see if I get the same results.

Bobo21 said:
Mattster, not doubting you may not have experienced stutter (for those that haven't, we're not talking about slowdown or how smoothly the game runs - it's an instantaneous split second 'freeze'), it might be helpful if you offered up info other than the fact you're playing off HDD, such as if you've played with a wide variety of teams in many different stadiums at different times of day & different weather. I believe this glitch was a combination of many factors and if you were to play with the same team in the same one or two stadiums it may be possible to not experience it.
Then again if others who are playing off a HDD also have not experienced it maybe that might hold the key - or maybe not, just that us poor sods who are getting it way more than not are just looking for something to grasp onto!

Well I have played a WC with England in various stadiums and a couple of exhibition matches at the Bernabeu. I play off my hdd using mode 1 AND 3 as I've always done with WE/PES. Also I've ripped my ISO down to 1.65gb by simply extracting the files with isobuster. Then rebuilding the iso with CD DVD-ROM generator, don't know if this makes any difference but try it and I hope it helps. ;)

mattster12 said:
Then rebuilding the iso with CD DVD-ROM generator, don't know if this makes any difference but try it and I hope it helps. ;)
It shouldn't improve anything as the files are only moved towards the outside of the disc for loading time/disc access improvements. Not saying it won't but it shouldn't. :)

Yeh didn't think it would really, I only did it to save space on my ps2 hdd. But could the ps2 actually read the iso off my hdd quicker if it was smaller? Just trying to think of why some people are getting this problem and some solutions...but just guessin really lol :)

can i have some united or real madrid players because i want to see wo gots new faces from the two team because i want to buy the game but only if they got some new faces, i only know that sergio ramos got a new face and that's it

mattster12 said:
I play off my hdd using mode 1 AND 3 as I've always done with WE/PES.

This got me thinking. WE10 booted off my HD right away without me having to enable mode 1 and 3 so i did not bother. After enabling mode 1 and 3 the stutter seemed to be gone! I only tried one stadium though.

I am now installing the pathched WE10 on my HD and after that i will try various stadiums to see if the stutter is really gone.

I hope your post has led to the solution, mattster12. Still no solution for people that don't play the game of HD though :-(

Since Bayern Munich are missing their "T-COM" sponsor, can anyone with the game tell me if you are able to edit licensed teams? Because in PES5 we were not allowed to edit licensed teams.

Also are there more jersey templates in the edit section?

Thanks!

mazanga said:
If u perform a high cross you can, right after you have pressed O, press R1 or R2.

If u press R2 this will result in a very lofty, and more slow cross with more height on it.

If you use R1 on the other hand, this will result in a faster cross with much less height on it. You know, like the kind of long crosses that Roberto Carlos and Ronald Koeman mastered.

This makes high crossing much more usefull and diverse. It's a bit of a shame that even mediocre player seem te be very skilled R1 crossers though.

There has always been a difference between high crossing in conjunction with R1 or R2 but now the difference is a LOT bigger.

hmm, I could've sworn that I used to use L1 or L2 to modify crosses.

the problem i have with this new game is pretty much one thing...the players feel too heavy and clumsy on the ball..in pro evo 5 the players feel like theyre flying or we 9 for that fact i know theres a slight speed difference but theyve just screwed up the fluidity of the dribblingit just sucks now

nemro said:
Here is my impressions from WE10, I think everything I hated in WE9/PES5 is GONE!

+ The referee is great
*they dont blow the whistle every time you toutch the opponent
*and every time a saw a tackle that deserved a booking, the referee gave it a yellow card :)

+ the advantege rule is finalley used correctly

+ the game flow/speed feels very good and smooth

+ not as much player colissions so it disturbs the game

+ sliding tackles are more effective

- Spontaniasly I think Super cancel och stopping with :r2: isnt as effective as in WE9 (but maybe Im wrong)

- No new editable boot options, and still only 9 bootslots can be used at the same time

- Goalkeepers doesent catch the ball often, but when they save the ball they try to reflect it sideways and not straight out in the penalty area

Overall its the best WE-game to date :mrgreen:
I agree with you on everything... Some more pluses

+ The passing system very much improved! The through passes is actually
useful now.

+ It's possible to do real counter attacks, and to sprint around a defender without any catch up.

+ It's a big difference playing against weak teams and good teams. You will notice when you play against a poor defence.

+ A lot of new and very good animations, i.e. collisions with the goalie

+ It's fun to play one player

This is absolutely the best soccer game ever!

Freddie said:
I agree with you on everything... Some more pluses

+ The passing system very much improved! The through passes is actually
useful now.

+ It's possible to do real counter attacks, and to sprint around a defender without any catch up.

+ It's a big difference playing against weak teams and good teams. You will notice when you play against a poor defence.

+ A lot of new and very good animations, i.e. collisions with the goalie

+ It's fun to play one player

This is absolutely the best soccer game ever!

Right, good points there too... specially the :l1:+:triangle: through pass is way improved and we can use it again (havent used it since PES4 cause it was useless in PES5)

And on the collisions... I just played a game where I was running towards the goal with Henry and collided with a defender and there I thought the idiot referee will award me an unwanted free kick as in PES5, but no I was able to continue forward towards the goalie who also tackeld me - the referee didnt blow the wistle there either, so I could go on beyond the goalie and score a goal. I LOVE that the referee doesnt interupt the flow of gameplay anymore :D

mazanga said:
This got me thinking. WE10 booted off my HD right away without me having to enable mode 1 and 3 so i did not bother. After enabling mode 1 and 3 the stutter seemed to be gone! I only tried one stadium though.

I am now installing the pathched WE10 on my HD and after that i will try various stadiums to see if the stutter is really gone.

I hope your post has led to the solution, mattster12. Still no solution for people that don't play the game of HD though :-(

So i tested some more stadiums and i would say enabling mode 1 and 3 pretty much solves the stuttering problem in some stadiums and reduces the problem in other stadiums.

Master league news:
MLpics.JPG

in Master league configurations Q4 option to RAISE PLAYERS and DONT RAISE...think they mean the growth type,
U can choose with 1 or 2 or 3 stars the transver frequency
As u can see on the pic..when u want to buy a player and choose him u see he's face and other info.

Some players u can buy on SELECT BY FURUTE POTENTIAL
(these are ofcourse cheap and new talents)
BABEL holland
COLLENS JOHN holland
FARFAN peru
FABREGAS spain
AISSATI holland
HEITINGA holland
ALEX(from psv)brasil
SENDEROS swisterland?
STEKELENBURG holland
C.Y PARK korea
FRIMPONG cameroen?
ALTINTOP turky
NICULTE roemenia
SVERKOS chec replublic
E Y LEE korea
MBAMI kameroen
J H BAEK korean
RAUL GARCIA spain
DE RIDDER holland
ZORO ireland?
SIRIKAEL servia?
HAGGUI turkey
J K KIM korea
DOWNING england
DOLAI ?
ROZENHAL chec republic
Y K KIM korea
J.CORONA mexico
PROTO belgium

any news about new stadium in the game? :)

Great to see such good reviews for We10.

Now, the eternal wait for Pes6! :(

this game is great but I think it's too easy in 3,4 stars!!!!!
and it's good in 5 stars

What about the weather conditions in Master League? Changeable? How they compare to WE9/Pes5?

And another question. What about offsides? Is the ref still so precise about them like in pes5/we9?

regarding the stutter problem, i've played the last few versions of WE off my HD using HDloader, and i have enabled mode 3, never one and 3, i do get a very very slight delay when the ball crosses the line but it hasnt affected the game for me in any way, one problem i do have is that the music/intro-movie stutters a fair bit, and that happened on all of my WE, so tonight i shall try enabling modes 1+3 and see if that helps

@PeteDLToThaIzzo i have not played 1 mach in ML yet:) lol,im gonna wait for the day that the kitts encpytion gets cracked and new 2007 kitts can be added and patched:)
The reff is specialy realy good in this version,i havent noticed any wrong ofsides,the ref alsow a lot with fouls and advantage rule...that is very good,cus the game doest have to stop,u can play more and free.

@katata u are right....3star is to easy....4 and 5 are more proper to play.

@mikemcenroe and other who gets problems or something.....im playing like crazy,i dont have any problem of my hdloader(mode 3).
everything works fine.

mazanga said:
So i tested some more stadiums and i would say enabling mode 1 and 3 pretty much solves the stuttering problem in some stadiums and reduces the problem in other stadiums.

Cool mate...maybe cos I've never seen it I'm not noticing the reduced affects that you are. Glad it has solved your problem ;)

...Is it possible to reproduce new nike shoes with the internal edit?

....In Master League Mode is it always sunny (like WE 9) ?

...Is it possible to reproduce new nike/adidas kits using the internal edit?

Is there anyone who has had already taken a quick free kick?

mattster12 said:
Cool mate...maybe cos I've never seen it I'm not noticing the reduced affects that you are. Glad it has solved your problem ;)

Cheers mate. Funny thing is that i just played a few two player matches and the stutter seemed to be back. Strange. Hardly any stutter on 1 player matches but a lot of stuttering on 2 player matches.

I was playing my brother. Normally i'd beat him by 1 or 2 goals, now i beat him 6-0. I also played my son, he's a little bit better than my brother and i beat him 2-0 and 7-1! Defending against skilled human opposition is very hard in this game.

...Is it possible to reproduce new nike shoes with the internal edit?

....In Master League Mode is it always sunny (like WE 9) ?

...Is it possible to reproduce new nike/adidas kits using the internal edit?

Played my first 4 games just now. Wow what a change.

First thing I have to say is that dribbling is back!! Players like Ronaldinho will dribble rings around the defence and puts them to shame. Its now easier to out dribble your defender as well as out pace him.

Defending is more difficult as a result. If you miss a tackle or make a mistake in defence you will be punished! I played against Barca in my second game, and on the counter numerous times, with Ronnie and Eto screaming towards my defence is very dangerous.

Passing is spot on, the L1+Triangle is now a very dangerous pass and the flow of the game is very smooth. Makes for some very beautiful football to watch.

Shooting animations are superb, as well as animations in general. Keeper has a few new saving animations which look pretty slick. They have been toned down though, so it is easier to score, but I love how they can now save the ball with one hand. Taking a few cracks outside the box, the keeper really stretches for it. Just when you think you've beating him, his hand just touches it enough to change the direction. Beautiful to watch.

My only gripes with it so far, is that it is a bit too fast. If it was slowed down a tad it be spot on. Ball speed and the weight is near perfect and running at full speed is good, but some of the dribbling animations are too quick. Players seem to snap direction instantly. If some of them could do it like Ronnie, C.Ronaldo etc then it be fine, but not everyone.
At one point, Beckham was out dribbling my defenders which looked and felt wrong.

Overall though a big improvement over 9. This probably should have been what WE9 was supposed to be.

Futix’s Initial Review

First of all let me say that after playing this game for a few matches I am thoroughly impressed. Though some critics say this game resembles the J League version, having not played that game, the difference between PES5/WE9 to WE10 is instantly apparent. From the few matches I have played I can honestly say that this game lives up to the “10” in the title. From the get go, the intro video has the World Cup feel to it, and the music uplifts you to get ready to play, unlike past versions where the Konami synthesized music depressed you. The menu screens to me are irrelevant since I can’t read them (this game is strictly in Japanese text). Overall the presentation is pretty good and I give it a 9 out of 10.

Game play: This is where Konami made its best improvement by far. From the kickoff the players move a lot more fluid and the speed of the game has been taken up just a notch from WE9I, yet it is not too fast where it seems unrealistic. The way players dribble the ball is a lot more complex and the HUUUUUGE improvement is that the referee is not as anal as in PES5 where he calls every little thing. In this game, the action is actually much more continuous and players battle for the ball a lot more realistically. Another VAST improvement I noticed is that FINALLY individual players live up to their attributes. What I mean by this is that in previous editions, no matter how fast or strong a player was, other players would catch up to him thus making the game unrealistic. In this game, if Eto’o gets one step ahead of a defender you might as well kiss him goodbye, due to his speed attributes he will stride away from most all defenders. Similarly, players like Ronaldinho stop on a dime as opposed to the momentum carrying you about 4 steps after you try to make him stop. This makes the game a lot more realistic and enjoyable. The other major improvement in gameplay was the goalie. Whereas in previous games the keeper was pretty robotic, he now moves a lot more fluid and when diving he actually resembles a keeper. He comes out to cut off angles a lot better and he does not catch the ball every time when the ball is rolling to him on the ground. He actually spits it out by mistake sometimes, which IMO is a lot like real life. I’ve actually seen players trip over the goalie, which was pretty cool. 10 out of 10

Scoring: It is a lot easier to score that PES5/WE9I. Now it does not mean you score at will, but because of the more fluid and realistic play, you can plan much like real football, anticipate players’ movements much easier. 9 out of 10

Shooting: Keep in mind I only played about 4 matches on this but the shooting I think was vastly improved. It seemed to me that in PES5/WE9I one time shots were extremely hard to pull off, whereas here it was evident that if you are given a slight amount of space you can whack the ball if so desired. Now it may not always be on target, and more often that not it is not on target, but at least the option is there which is nice. 9.5 out of 10

Strategy: Konami added a lot more menus into the “Before match” menu selection, but because it’s in Japanese, it’s very hard to determine what is what. At this point, even with Fernando’s initial translation patch, it’s hard to navigate and be able to tell what is what, but new features are definitely there. 9 out of 10
Graphics: Though there was not much they could to the graphics because of the console’s limitations, Konami still went ahead and improved the stadiums which was noticeable right away at the Nou Camp. They almost redid it and it looks gorgeous. I have yet to play in any other stadium but it is definitely improved. 9.5 out of 10

Overall: Though it’s early to judge due to the limited play I have had, I can say it is a very good game all around. EA sports has a long way to go to catch up to Konami especially after this edition. Because I am a believer that there is always room for improvement, this game does not get a 10 out of me, but it’s damn close.

Futix gives it a 9.7 out of 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom