OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Massive improvement. Reminds me a lot of WE8LE, but slicker and flashier.

Chipped through ball (L1 + triangle) works properly now, not as easy as WE8 but not pointless like WE9.

You don't get called for fouls all the time. If anything, the ref lets quite a lot go.

3 stars feels very, very easy - 4 stars is pretty difficult (at least when you're not used to the game yet). Only played a few games, and 5 stars is still VERY hard.

In-game replays have a weird grainy look, like on a TV that's not tuned properly. Looks tatty, but not too annoying.

Computer AI is a LOT better. The cpu actually attacks you now, in a way it didn't in WE9. And off-the-ball runs are better, too.

Harder to defend corners.

Players like Totti, Ronaldinho etc can now pass their way out of a tight spot. Like, if you;ve got 3 defenders round you, in WE9 it was too hard to find a gap to pass the ball out of there. Now you can flip the ball through the gap, if you have a skilled enough player.

As people have said already, the pitches are still a disgrace, not that anyone expected any improvement in that area.

Seems to be easier to curl the ball.

Quick free kick is OK, but a gimmick really. Doesn't help you that much.

Goalies do indeed parry 80% of shots. They will almost always react to a simple light shot which they could have caught by knocking it out for a corner. That's incredibly irritating, because it's pretty much the only major fault I've noticed so far. If they'd fixed that, this would be *definitely* the best WE yet.

jumbo said:
Dar, a little off-topic, but what happened to showusmiracle.com? i used to visit that site regularly.

A couple of things happened, the major one being the decision to focus time and energy on Evo-Web, the minor one being that we just didn't really have the time to get through the goals that were piling up.

It was planned to implement something along those lines over here, but its just not materialised yet. Be sure we'll keep you posted on developments. ;)

Goals celebrations? where?

studeep said:
great vid mate :applause:, its nice to see the goalkeeper and the striker has a 50-50 chance of reaching over hit trough passes which is definately a plus :).........good goal :) ;)
btw i can only watch half of the vid, it just reloads when it gets to that position

Thanks

I'm not at home right now but I think the video hasn't fully uploaded.

I'll check when I get back - it should be working fully later tonight (GMT)

I've noticed in one of the videos posted in this thread that Bayern Munich is missing their "T-Com" sponsor logo on the front... can anyone with the game confirm this?

Is it me or the net animation just looks crappy ??.. You score a goal and the ball bounces back out of the goal.. 99% unrealistic.

winston said:
Not sure if you were one of the believers that WE9/PES5 was utterly swamped with cpu cheats, but if you were, what is your impression of we10 in this regard?

Yes and no, i did notice that sometimes teams would get an advantage here and there however i have always looked at it that i real football sometimes things just dont work for you. I play ML on 6* with half the squad as youth players and have found that you really just have to work in those types of games to get a result. Having only played it for a couple of hours and on 4* i cant really say whether it is or isnt. I do however get the impression that decisions by the ref are more balanced. But it is very early on to actually be able to tell.

Is the auto side step back?

Didnt see it at all :D

@tiktik... do u know if 2+ players can play in the international challenge mode, or is it simply a 1-player-only mode?

I havent tried it however i did have to 2nd controller in the ps2 and during the player selection screen (screen with controller and auto change setting ect) it did look the same as match mode so i think it is possible. Will have to check ltr for you to find out though.

I've noticed in one of the videos posted in this thread that Bayern Munich is missing their "T-Com" sponsor logo on the front... can anyone with the game confirm this?

I noticed that aswell when playing an arsenal - bayern friendly.

Quick free kick is OK, but a gimmick really. Doesn't help you that much.

You also have to be very quick to do it, managed it once and it did work better as the defense was still getting back. Agree completly with your review Pere. I tried one match on 5* against greece during the IC and lost 1-0. It was a very close match but they were very good defensively and in midfield and passed the ball about well. Like what was introduced in we9 you really have to be patient when defending, in this version even moreso. A good thing imo.

Is it me or the net animation just looks crappy ??.. You score a goal and the ball bounces back out of the goal.. 99% unrealistic.

They just seem a bit tighter so when you have a powerful shot its more likely to bounce back out a bit. I like it (happend about twice out of 20 goals i scored so a good balance i think).

Last edited:

Has anyone tried World Cup Mode? Are all the proper teams there? How is the Intro? Do they use the German Stadiums? Can someone tell me if they have any real USA players.
Thanx.

Just pre ordered this game. :) Also very glad the auto side step has gone. It made the players look weird in WE9.

Great video magnumpi, very nice goal too, u just changed direction, or is it a skill? Also thanks tiktiktiktik for ur review, very informative.

I'm having mix impressions after the first 2,3 games. I played WE9 JPN this morning just for comparison and it seems a little tighter while WE10 seems a little bit all over the place. The new passing animations are nice but passing seems a little weak. It takes whole 5 mintues to get from my to goal to the opponents goal and I read the game was suppoused to be faster. The goalies suck. My first shot from outside the PK with Ibra was a goal, Casillas seemed helpless even thought it looked like he coulda cought it. One positive, the bullshit with goalies always catching the ball on goal line is gone. There is no slowdown either and the little pauses seem to me like clearing cache for the next sequence - nothing to worry about. I also can't seem to be able to dribble with certain players. 1on1 with Trez, I'm pressing R2, L1 and nothing.

I'm about to give this baby a good play later so hopefully things will clear up.

I have a question for the 3 people who posted a vids of them playing, kel, magnumpi and junka, what do you use, d-pad or analog stick?

Doubla R said:
Great video magnumpi, very nice goal too, u just changed direction, or is it a skill? Also thanks tiktiktiktik for ur review, very informative.

It was my actually my brother playing and yes he changed direction with Morientes.

Player 1 in that game (him) plays with analog and I was player 2 playing with digital.

Ok thanks mag, good video, 1 down 2 more to go, what about u kel and junka?

Bit worried about comments about the goalkeepers not catching the ball, therefore silly goals? Does everyone who has played WE10 think the goalkeepers are bad? The rest of the game sounds brilliant. Thanks.

Somebody posted this before but everytime the ball goes out of play i.e. over the line (including when u score) the game freezes for a split second. It messes up your whole shot, wether is goes in or goes wide. I can't believe Konami let this one slip through. Or is it a beta? I remember that the pes3 beta had the same problem.

Other than that, the gameplay is absolutely brilliant. Also, the refs are a delight. They let you keep on playing when they can and stop play when they must. And if you deserve a card, you will get a card. I love this game. High crosses in combination with R1 and R2 deserve a special mention, they are spot on. Also the both foot fake is very easy and effective. This is defo the ultimate WE10 on ps2. Well done Konami.

mazanga said:
Somebody posted this before but everytime the ball goes out of play i.e. over the line (including when u score) the game freezes for a split second. It messes up your whole shot, wether is goes in or goes wide. I can't believe Konami let this one slip through. Or is it a beta? I remember that the pes3 beta had the same problem.

I'm playin off my hdd and have not noticed this at all, everything's running smoothly. Are you playin it off a dvd? Also I ripped the dummy files out of mine and rebuilt it so the game is only 1.65gb now. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Yes Mattser me to...playing of HDD,i dont have any problems.

@DoublaR i always play with Analog:)

Does anyone know when u go play a match ..then in Genareal settings(where u can choose stadium,balls,refere ect.) what is the very last option about that u can choose?
u see like german league,english league,french league..then rest is in japanse and it has colour codes? or something.

Last edited:

Thanks for replying junka, what about u kel, d-pad or analog?

I'm playin the game off the HDD and I do get the little pause. It's there, pay attention.

studeep said:
in the head :mad:.......... while hanging upside down :mad: :mad:
Like Mussolini, another dictator.

mazanga said:
I don't have that problem at all.

Ok I guess that's it thanks kel, if I have more questions then.. I'll just bother u ppl with the game :D

Junka said:
@DoublaR i always play with Analog:)
hehehe... me too;)

Junka said:
Does anyone know when u go play a match ..then in Genareal settings(where u can choose stadium,balls,refere ect.) what is the very last option about that u can choose?
u see like german league,english league,french league..then rest is in japanse and it has colour codes? or something.
This is just the style of presentation.:)

Couple of questions... :S

I am getting reports of poor defense AI and stuff. 10 goals on 5 star difficulty and such...

And the other OT question, is PES6 going to be released on XBOX or 360?

ashmufc said:
Like Mussolini, another dictator.
WTF are you on about??!! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom