OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Great WE, much much much better than the last two which were poor imo

Shooting seems to be more realistic, seen a few new animations when shooting as well. Crespo did a kind of falling volley and Adriano did a jump off the ground side footed it, looked reall ynice.

Pace of the game is fine although i think the defenders catch up to the likes of Henry etc a bit too fast, that is my only gripe apart from the keepers not catching enough

Playing against the computer is now a REAL challenge, something ive been wanting for years now. They show off and really get stuck into you!

Does the cpu still always score from direct freekicks?

i am gonna stop coming to this forum
what about as hu has to wait for pes6, how difficult is that?lol
great review futix i am surprise abut the early revews am reading in this version. as i remember past years we had always bad reviews at the beganing as people where not use to the new game
wall done konami

Player faces are looking every bit as good as FIFA's now, its just a shame the horrible PSone-esque pitch textures have reared their ugly heads once more.

Consequently, its still gonna look like a PSone game (from a distance anyway).

some impressions
kaka is way better
and so is pirlo (96 on freekicks!!!)

side backs go to the middle with a frequency that i'm not too fond of.. opening too much space for wingers.

too much lost balls between players

it's back to pes4 in which henry could go from one box to the other just because of his strenghth and balance

rain in master league

formation settings menu is really stupid and hard to understand

good thing about the stats on the screen - u dont have to search for "match details"

graphics didn't get better... if anything, they just got worse. 2d audience... merged on the stadium?
back to iss2000 i guess... n64 never got old

shots are way easier

freekicks "feel" the same

lots of passings with the outside part of the foot

lots of lost passes that didn't happen on we9... and ppl complained about it on we9. gotta get the feel of it.

AI is better. actually attacks during the game. just lost one game... my first one. played almost 20 and tied/won them all.

matthews feint is simple and useful. the v feint is nice, but hard and u need space to do it. maybe it's easier to do against humans (i've been playing with aliens all this time).

it might be the worse we10 of all times... but i love it.

Play-Asia just shipped my order today. Yay !

when there's handball... even the players from your team will complain about it.
stupid.

corners are more dangerous, when you attack, because the ball usually goes to a player who's almost by himself. they are even more dangerous when you defend, because the cursor doesn't change to the player you want, inside the box, and keeps switching to players near the ball.

I see the complaining has begun early???

;)

Nice, now we have lost Fernando, no more Translations, because he is pissed that people are selling his and other Guys work!!!

Thats Brilliants, thanks to every nice Guy who download Games and sell them! I order every year my Games from Japan, spending a lot of Money, and a lot of time in Editing! Now this, we losse the Legendary Translator!

Thanks Guys well made, now Play that great Game in japanese!!!!

jimis said:
Nice, now we have lost Fernando, no more Translations, because he is pissed that people are selling his and other Guys work!!!

Thats Brilliants, thanks to every nice Guy who download Games and sell them! I order every year my Games from Japan, spending a lot of Money, and a lot of time in Editing! Now this, we losse the Legendary Translator!

Thanks Guys well made, now Play that great Game in japanese!!!!

He should have quit years ago then, cause that's nothing new :roll:

I have problems getting the game to boot...

I have applied the fernando v.2 patch.
And I use SwapMagic - version 3.6

The first DVD I burned worked for two boots :S The first got to the option file screen, but hadnt space on the memory card, but I fixed that.. Then I tried again, it took ages so I was gonna try again, but just when ejected the DVD the option screen appeared... After that I couldnt boot the game anymore, booted severeal times, but nothing happened...

I have now tried burning 5 DVD different ways, but the game just woundt boot anymore :(

1 - Nero: 4x - write & finalize :: worked for two boots..
2 - Nero: 8x - Write & finalize
3 - MagicIso: lowest speed - mode 2
4 - Nero: 2.5x - Write & finalize
5 - MagicIso - lowest speed - mode 1

I'm starting to get crazy here, really want to try it, love the WE..

Someone have a clue the could be wrong...
I have also just tested other games with swapmagic and it works perfectly... :S

After playing about 5 games i have to say im actually starting to enjoy it. Last year when i picked up WE9 i just wasnt really feeling it and got bored of it extremely quickly, but this year it a whole new ball game..

What i think about the game so far:

- The faces of the players are supurb. Remember a few years ago when we wanted faces like fifa, well there even better than that now. Fifas head are kind of out of proportion but in WE 10 they are brillinat.
(biggest improvement of face goes to C Ronaldo, looks AMAZING!!)

- So much more fluid. you can know change the pace of the game. You can go from slow passing straight to a counter attack, brilliant.

- Referees, o what a relieve, at last refs that actually let you play the game. In WE9 it use to be at least 20 fouls agame and now its less than half of that. And the advantage rule is pure bliss!

- Goalies. Its very nice to see the one handed saves. I took a freekick with becks yesterday, and the keeper pulled off a quality one handed save. Magic

- More options. From what i can see in the formation screen there are a few more options but because there in bloody japanese i have no idea what they are. I let u know when i put Fernando's patch on later.

- Individual players so much more life like. Rooney is know strong on the ball, using his arms to hold off defenders and ronaldinho is silky and quick. Wonderful.

The list goes on, such as big improvement over WE9 and WE has gotten closer and closer to being perfect. I just cant wait for it to come out on PS3 :)

johan said:
You're a total tool.. We have almost the entire community saying the game is great and you are just spoiling it. You didn't even play WE10 so shut your mouth fabio.

Well, all the comuinty was saying pes4 was great. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm watching the movies and the game seems much less realistic than pes5. Billiard-passing, always perfect, not dependig on the player's position, very fast turning with the ball, very fast play comparing to pes5. I'm not saying it's bad, but it looks very arcade.

JimboPL said:
Well, all the comuinty was saying pes4 was great. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm watching the movies and the game seems much less realistic than pes5. Billiard-passing, always perfect, not dependig on the player's position, very fast turning with the ball, very fast play comparing to pes5. I'm not saying it's bad, but it looks very arcade.

yes that is true and many people here are so happy about this because it is easier to score goals... :(

@johan

yes you!

why people always complaing wether is to difficult to drible or is to easy, this and that, i am glad the game turn up this way, sims that all the problems we had last year in pes5, they are fixed now, with luck of control on the ball, boring al, stupit offsides fauls and ref etc...are gon, fast player like henry couldn't outrun slow defenders maybe 1 out of 50 situations, or player like ronaldinhe was moving like philip naville, wich made the game very boring especialy playing with al, from the revews i read and vid i saw the game looks more fun to play even playing against cpu, they sims to attack more and use more skills with great anymations.
can't wait for pes6 to come out

ronaldo10 said:
why people always complaing wether is to difficult to drible or is to easy, this and that, i am glad the game turn up this way, sims that all the problems we had last year in pes5, they are fixed now, with luck of control on the ball, boring al, stupit offsides fauls and ref etc...are gon, fast

yes i agree but the player movement are to fast and the shots too.

the gameplay may be faster but it's nowhere near arcadey. Virtua striker is an arcadey game.

plus, WE10 not as fast as people say it is.

jumbo said:
the gameplay may be faster but it's nowhere near arcadey. Virtua striker is an arcadey game.

plus, WE10 not as fast as people say it is.

its is more arcade but not an arcade game :)

Just had my first few games and first impressions are that its the best yet.

But I think there is to many red cards, well, at least there was on my last match, 3 in the 1st half, all challenges took place in the center of midfield yet all were given straight red cards. Other than that, its great, like the passing, find playing the computer alot more challengin to, but sure that aint gonna be for long.

Still, great game, just look forward to future patches for the game :)

The game seems to me a lot easier...
Well level 4 is much easier then before.

When do you get a quick free kick?
I get one but I have no idea why I get it.

Love the way that you can see the replay's of the game when there is a behind-ball.
You have much more time to see the replay then! :)

JimboPL i dont agree with what you said on passing.

I find the long passes especially far less accurate and more controlable. I think the long pass is the best ever as you can now send the ball pretty much anywhere with a lil practice.

A tak w nawiasie to dobrze widziec ze polska jest godnie reprezentowana na evoweb. :)

cdahl said:
I have problems getting the game to boot...

I have applied the fernando v.2 patch.
And I use SwapMagic - version 3.6

The first DVD I burned worked for two boots :S The first got to the option file screen, but hadnt space on the memory card, but I fixed that.. Then I tried again, it took ages so I was gonna try again, but just when ejected the DVD the option screen appeared... After that I couldnt boot the game anymore, booted severeal times, but nothing happened...

I have now tried burning 5 DVD different ways, but the game just woundt boot anymore :(

1 - Nero: 4x - write & finalize :: worked for two boots..
2 - Nero: 8x - Write & finalize
3 - MagicIso: lowest speed - mode 2
4 - Nero: 2.5x - Write & finalize
5 - MagicIso - lowest speed - mode 1

I'm starting to get crazy here, really want to try it, love the WE..

Someone have a clue the could be wrong...
I have also just tested other games with swapmagic and it works perfectly... :S

Now I am really reliefed & HAPPY and ANGRY at the same time... I just tried burning with another DVD, and then it worked, crappy dvd shits!!!

but now it finnaly works :D:D

jumbo, I havent' read your impressions/reviews yet :)?

Man I've had it with WE9 Online Thing. I should have it tomorrow.

and about pes4 that was the worst pes ever, luck of animations u could never do a volley, half volley chest and volley they where many animations missing in the game, from what pes3 had, i hate it that version so much don't make me start on haw poor week the shoot was, taking a shot from inside the box was so unrealistic, all the balls where going sraight in the keepers hands, but from the half way u could scoore in every match + all the goals where scoored in the same way 1 on 1 situations and lobing the gk. anyways the game it doesn,t look like pes4 and i hope is not like that, hope to be more like pes2,3 and5

johan said:
jumbo, I havent' read your impressions/reviews yet :)?

Man I've had it with WE9 Online Thing. I should have it tomorrow.

well, right now i'm just chillin out playin the world cup challange with Paraguy. It's fun as hell. I won 5 out 9 and fighting for the last WC spot in that zone. I will write a little bit more once i get my game translated to ENG coz i cant understand shit and theres tons of shit everywhere so im just playin matches without any settings, etc.

I will send you some impressions later tonight so you know what to expect tomorrow. :)

JimboPL said:
The Power - he doesn't play it but he knows it's the best game ever. What a .....

I trust some of these guys, WE GURUS, VETS, whatever you wanna call em.

My impressions:

+ Way more animations.
+ AI is way smarter.
+ Goalkeepers act way more realistic, so no superspeed-get-up reactions and some very nice looking animations.
+ You hardly can get the CPU off the ball with :l1: + :x: So that makes defending way harder.
+ Finally the horrible onetouch fouls are gone. The player get touch almost fall gets up quickly again and you can continue. Very nicely done.
+ Loading times are gone.
+ With :l1: +:r1: you can take a quick free-kick before the PS2 loads to the view behind the man.
+ Referee seems to understand the advantage-rule way beter.
+ Passing with both :circle: , :triangle: or these plus :l1: are way better now. They are effective and seems more like the 'real deal'.
This is all very nice but besides that hardly any real changes. Not more teams, same old ML (probably; there are some new options which doesnt seem to be so important, but who knows)
But I think I can expect these changes untill the PS3. But what I can expect is that they (Konami) would look at the pace of the game... Aslong as you play with lower teams you wont really notice it but if you play AC Milan - Barca then you really see how unbelievable quick the player movements are. Its really like watching a pingpong game. This is for me definately a letting down. But maybe I have to get used to it.. So:

- Player movements are to fast!

i think the AI is brilliant...actually enjoy playing the computer now, also the keepers have improved and the long ball over the last defender is amazing, pes5 i could never manage this once

Back
Top Bottom