OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

You all better stop that stupid flaming now.

hehe well said kezz

one of my players just chipped the ball down the line and he actually leaned back and played it like beckenbauer...i love this game

new animations are superb!!!

cdahl said:
Now I am really reliefed & HAPPY and ANGRY at the same time... I just tried burning with another DVD, and then it worked, crappy dvd shits!!!

but now it finnaly works :D:D

which ones (name brand) didnt work?

ye it has been posted ages ago but thanx for sharing though :)

GFK said:
My impressions:

+ Way more animations.
+ AI is way smarter.
+ Goalkeepers act way more realistic, so no superspeed-get-up reactions and some very nice looking animations.
+ You hardly can get the CPU off the ball with :l1: + :x: So that makes defending way harder.
+ Finally the horrible onetouch fouls are gone. The player get touch almost fall gets up quickly again and you can continue. Very nicely done.
+ Loading times are gone.
+ With :l1: +:r1: you can take a quick free-kick before the PS2 loads to the view behind the man.
+ Referee seems to understand the advantage-rule way beter.
+ Passing with both :circle: , :triangle: or these plus :l1: are way better now. They are effective and seems more like the 'real deal'.
This is all very nice but besides that hardly any real changes. Not more teams, same old ML (probably; there are some new options which doesnt seem to be so important, but who knows)
But I think I can expect these changes untill the PS3. But what I can expect is that they (Konami) would look at the pace of the game... Aslong as you play with lower teams you wont really notice it but if you play AC Milan - Barca then you really see how unbelievable quick the player movements are. Its really like watching a pingpong game. This is for me definately a letting down. But maybe I have to get used to it.. So:

- Player movements are to fast!

Enorm bedankt voor je uitleg m.b.t. de snelle vrije trap!

For those of you who have played WE8LE and WE10 which one do you think is better and why? Thanks.:)

WE10 simply cuz its far more updated:) lol
But i realy prever we10....and if u played this game u dont wanna go back on we8 or we8:le or we9,and u get bored with we8,we9 after playing whole year,thats why its always nice to play an more updated WE.

Has anyone else seen the goalkeepers hanging from the crossbar? i had a header just over and the keeper jumped up and grabbed the bar and hung there, it was quite realistic looking, i am enjoying finding new things each time i play

Gavin said:
Has anyone else seen the goalkeepers hanging from the crossbar? i had a header just over and the keeper jumped up and grabbed the bar and hung there, it was quite realistic looking, i am enjoying finding new things each time i play

I hate to dissapoint you but that animation was present back in ISS98.

Along with many others.. lol.

oops, i never saw it before got me excited though :D so it was new to me

Nick Cave said:
I take it nobody knows if the ML has changed :(

As far as the league layout is concerned, no. Though it's a nice touch that it autofills 3 of the leagues with teams of the same country (england, italy, spain and one with a mixture) rather than the randomness before.

Junka said:
WE10 simply cuz its far more updated:) lol
But i realy prever we10....and if u played this game u dont wanna go back on we8 or we8:le or we9,and u get bored with we8,we9 after playing whole year,thats why its always nice to play an more updated WE.
Yes but GK sucks...:(

Are there many particular new Foul/slide/falling animations when you slide or push people over?

I'm never gonna get my two footer tackle request put into the game (:D) but the tackling animations really do make the game look more realistic

Nick Cave said:
I take it nobody knows if the ML has changed :(
As far as I can see Nick (Which isn't a lot cuz some things are still in Jap) nop it hasn't :(

Still ridiculous 16-team divisions (4 of which) and one 8-team Div 2 :roll:

Still same features and buttons to press on ML menu like development sheet, etc.

Nothing new except back pictures changed and basically fonts and little things like that.

Only thing different I noticed thus far in my 5 mins there is that when you start the ML, it asks you bunch of questions it didn't before like "Transfer Frequency" , "Difficulty of ML and I think Difficulty to sign players" Whether you want growth/decline of stats to be on or off basically little options like this which is not what me and you were looking for.

That's all I noticed about ML in my little time there but there could be more but i doubt it.

Seabass1977 said:
Not in all shoots...sometimes GK make miracles...sometimes stupid actions...
I think that it's not a "real" bug..
Gameplay is brilliant!
I'll say rather, sometimes GK make miracles & it often makes stupid actions...

But it's true gameplay is extraodinary!!!

Last edited:

mhh, i´ve played a few matches now, i think the game is very good, a lot better than the last games.
but am i the only one thinking that the goalkeepers are very stupid? i´ve done many shots now which were aimed in the middle of the goal and the keeper didn´t get them. that´s not the only problem, they often don´t keep the ball in their hands if a strong shot comes directly to them. very strange...

ManWithNoMouth said:
As far as the league layout is concerned, no. Though it's a nice touch that it autofills 3 of the leagues with teams of the same country (england, italy, spain and one with a mixture) rather than the randomness before.

This is not new. this happens on WE9.

I'm gonna be disappointed no-matter how good the game play tweaks are if they have not altered that piece of crap they call the ML. God they can put stupid balls of meat and dino suits in... whats next melon heads and exploding balls!! Football sim my a*$*!!

Annoyed........... allot!!!!!!!

Nick Cave said:
I'm gonna be disappointed no-matter how good the game play tweaks are if they have not altered that piece of crap they call the ML. God they can put stupid balls of meat and dino suits in... whats next melon heads and exploding balls!! Football sim my a*$*!!

Annoyed........... allot!!!!!!!

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

It could have been a great game but:
too many goals, too easy keep the ball posession, too easy to score both you than CPU, goalkeepers never catch the ball, everytime the opponent overtake the last defender is almost 90% a goal. Every tackle is a yellow card.
The result is scores like 5-3 / 7-1 etcc...
My firsts matches versus the CPU:
Barcellona - Villareal 0-4 / 3-0
Inter - Fiorentina 0-5 / 3-0
My first match versus my son (it was the first we10 match ever for him): Arsenal (him) - Juventus (me) 5-1, this is because his gamestyle is to pass the ball to a skillfull player and then trick the defenders with that.
Is this Winning Eleven or Fifa?

No ur son is just better then u;)

Only played the game for a bit but first impressions:

- looks exactly the same but feels absolutely different from PES5. IMO more closer to :shock: PES2.
- Players are unrealistically fast. It's also way too easy to pass players.
- More difficult to get the perfect tackle in (a good thing)
- Liverpool are a lot better :)
- Shooting is a bit unrealistic in some situations. No disrespect to him, but I scored a 35 yarder with Crouch ffs!
- Gerrard's nose....WTF?
- Ronaldhino is a bit too good in this game. He's wicked in real life but not superman like - as portrayed in WE10. He just passed 6 of my defenders no probs.
- There was way too much space in midfield with some of the teams. Seriously, it was sunday league stuff.
- Annoying, annoying glitches. Sometimes, defenders don't get to the ball even though it's right next to them. Some players catch up 10 yards to beat the defender to the ball(!). I had Reina let in a v soft goal. It was a nothing shot, but it just crept in :(
- The extra moves are a bit scripted. It feels a bit like FIFA sometimes :shock:

I do like it - but perhaps for the wrong reasons. It's a lot more arcadey and I'm scoring crazy 30 yard screamers - reminds me of my PES2 days ;)

I wish they gave us more control prior to when a player receives a ball. Dare I say it, they can learn a bit from FIFA's aftertouch thingy where you use the analogue stick to control the receiving player prior to them getting the ball (i.e. do a quick turn/run on/goto left/goto right etc). It just seems a bit random at the moment.

It's like Ivory to Ebony with PES5 :shock:

Back
Top Bottom