OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

I've really tried playing this one a bit, and for some reason I just can't seem to like it much.
It just does'nt get me excited playing it anymore....

WE9 with all it's niggling fouls seemed to be better.
It had an excitement factor which WE10 lacks.

after playing it for some weeks more, I really like it.

Somehow it's always the same with new WE titles:

First impression: hm, they really improved not that much (teams, graphics. ML, etc..)

Second impression: they REALLY IMPROVED the game (-> GAMEPLAY, ANIMATIONS!!!)

After a few days you find all the "bugs" and "miss-tweaks" and get annoyed.

Then you have to give it a new chance after a break and you'll start to like it.

__

for some reasons I didn't get any stupid goals anymore.
the scores are normal as they should be in a footy match (2:1, 0:1, 3:0) -> 5*/ vs CPU / 20 mins
I get exiting moments in the box on the other hand I have games that are midfield battles only.

__

finally I think the pace of the game is up to you / your style of play !
So when you play WE10 as you played WE9, you won't like they game.
You have to play evry WE as you play football on the pitch.

Konami simply rushed this game for the world cup. They where selfish & saw this as an opportunity to cash in at a time when football is most popular. I feel that this game plays as close to a fifa game as any WE/PES game. I will be extremely angry if Konami doesn't at least attempt to make PES6 a better game! I agree with what someone above said, Konami always seem to change something that was already good & make it worse. They do this without listening to their customers and they do not really add anything to the game. WE10 makes me take back any complaints that i ever had about previous WE/PES games!

After trying to play PES5 again, my appreciation for WE10 has shot up by miles. It's not perfect, but less frustrating and automatic than previous games.

Its less frustrating because its easier. The better games are the ones that frustrate you and more of a challenge to score.

I've been playing WE10 at friends with parties n stuff, but my first ever WE10 match against AI, playing Chelsea vs AC Milan. Result: 4-5 after extra time.(on 5stars) That's what I call unrealistic. Those are FIFA like results. It's so easy to score, but harder to defend. 9 outa 10 goals are being scored from just outside the box, it's too easy to score/concede a goal now.

This is backed by a totally rubbish goalkeeper: I really hope they will fix that in PES6. Far too often he lets the ball slip out of his hands, resulting in rebound goal. Or the ball is just like going THROUGH the keeper alot too now. Surely dribbling has improved, but the ball handling is weird IMO. passing feels lot more 'loose' now, as if the ball won't move in the direction you want it to with a short pass especially.

I really like the game,

BUT the goalkeeper are just to dumb - my friend scores 4 of his 5 goals by
running around the keeper - just annoying :(

Goalkeepers are my main gripe with this game, you can create a fantastic move then a shot on goal is hopelessly palmed into the net by the goalie taking the shine off it, I really hope they fix that for PES6.

Defending and headering I've managed to get used to over a period of time, headers are more the timing of the button now rather than pressing it before the ball is near you and defending is more of a stand off rather than jumping straight into challenges and closing down.

Animations are better than ever and the overall pace of the game is fine.

great game, i like it

but the keepers r shit. WHY DO THEY COME OUT SOOOOOO FAR? i mean it makes it so easy to go around him. i hope they fix this for PES6

oh and there r too many goals in multiplayer. me and my 3 mates did a league and the results were

6-5
4-0
3-3
2-1
5-4
4-1
3-3
1-0
6-1

konami needs to do something about making manual goalie really easy and worth while at least for the human vs human players.. this game is addicting. but so VERY frustrating over the years when it comes to head to head play because the goalies are so shitty.

They need to make it to where you can get on your goalie easy just by pressing and holding one button just like NHL 94 on the Genesis.. and then one button and direction to make a save. THis will make this game almost perfect and a dream if they implented this gameplay feature.. it's way overdue.. I been waiting for years for them to have this.. the manual goalie they have now is a piece of shit! wake up konami! The greatest of all. it would finally end your buddies sorry ass excuse about the keeper AI being so shitty and saying that's the only reason you scored or beat me! now you can get on him yourself and stop it. NO EXCUSES!

FFS konami..!

even GOAL on regular NES had manual goalie that rocked!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom