NEW Nvidia beta driver no pes slowdown!

I have an XFX 8800GTS 640MB XXX

I would try this, but with the beta drivers, Rivatuner doesn't let me overclock my vid card so I'm stuck with WHQL for now but my game runs smooth as silk with max settings. What's your 3dmark 06 scores?

I have a GeForce 7300 GT Ultra2 AGP8X 256mb DDR2, driver number 163.71, have I to update these drivers to play PES2008 with high details?

ok Guys,
I had a problem with slowdowns when playing my PC stats is

3.2GHz HT Intel chip
Windows XP
2 Gig ram

but I recently bought a XFX GeForce 7600GT Gaphics card but when I tried to play the graphics was improved a lot but still there was a little slowdowns on corners and whenever there was too much players in view. I came to realize that in the dxdiag settings on sound1 tab I turned it off completely and PES ran smoothly. That is when I realize that my sound card was outdated. I ran straight to Best Buy and bought a XFi sound blaster sound card and installed it. OH MY GOD !!!!!!! Eeverything is so perfect now and without a glitch. I am happy now.

ok Guys,

3.2GHz HT Intel chip
Windows XP
2 Gig ram

but I recently bought a XFX GeForce 7600GT Gaphics card but when I tried to play the graphics was improved a lot but still there was a little slowdowns on corners and whenever there was too much players in view. I came to realize that in the dxdiag settings on sound1 tab I turned it off completely and PES ran smoothly. That is when I realize that my sound card was outdated. I ran straight to Best Buy and bought a XFi sound blaster sound card and installed it. OH MY GOD !!!!!!! Eeverything is so perfect now and without a glitch. I am happy now.

So it was the sound card problem? hmmmmmm

anyways, are you running on High settings?
Cause I have 7600 GS 512mb, 2GB Ram, and it slows down alot on replays and corners....

ok Guys,

3.2GHz HT Intel chip
Windows XP
2 Gig ram

HEY its really works wen i disable hardware sund aceleration level, there is NO SLOWDOWNS, but I have no sound in game!!! what to do??? my sound card Sound blaster PCI

Timo , im going for an 8800GT but they are so popular at the moment that its getting hard to get hold of . Think im going to go for an ASUS 512mb 8800GT as they got voted best graphics card maker of 2006 by a mile . Check out the review on this beast of a card . Ive just pre-ordered mine . The spec is even better than the GTS and only just falls short of the GTX and is a fraction of the price. http://www.trustedreviews.com/graphics/review/2007/11/01/nVidia-GeForce-8800-GT/p1

Last edited:
question, what sound card must have to disable hardware aceleration in DX??

I have sound blaster PCI and when I disable hardware aceleration a don't have sound in PES

i have another problem with the grefic. First of all, my system:

AMD 6000+
GEforce 8800 GTS 640
3 GB Ram

So if i start the setting.exe, I only see 4:3 resultion and no 16:9 , also i have click at the 16:9 button... i downkloaded the fixes, but if i chosse the resolution, there is no ant-aliasing. Only withe 1024x768.

So i downloaded the kitserver, and changed the resolution there, but there, I dont have AntiAliasing, too. Only with a resouliton 1024x768 I have anti-aliasing. Anyone who knows the problem and who can help?

Yes I am running on the highest settings but also with a little adjustment in the nvidia graphics settings. I think since the motherboard has to share the processing power of the sound to be in sync with the game play that is where the slow down takes place. So buying a new XFi soundcard takes the stress producing the sounds therefore leading to less frame rate issues. Thats why it is now running faster for me now.
As Bebeto 94 has said if you go into Start - run- dxdiag, and move the slider completely down on the sound1 tab and try your game again you will notice the the game runs better but remember you will not get any sound. This is my personal analysis. Hope this help guys.

I have GeForce EN7950 GT with 169.04 forceware driver but on wide cam there's still slowdown. Konami couldn't make a good optimisation.

I used my laptop for play pes. My laptop dell T7200 , core 2 dou 2.0 - Ram 1GB , Nvidia 7300 GeForce 256MM . But i can only play pes8 at 800*600 Medium and when reply verry slow. I try download 169.04 but i cant setup it. I need help.... :(

lol u guys It'd take me more time to read this thread than what it took to just download n install the darn driver.
I'm using win vista on my 8800gts 640 mb equipped computer.. pretty good power regarding other components.. tried the beta-driver 169.04 and YES! I did experience a smoother play and LESS fps-drops in replays, they still are there in some angles but not as frequent and not quite as dramatic lags as there were before. I suggest ya'll with 8k-series geforce should give this one a go! Thanks NACK22 for the advice! :D

which best drive for geforce 6800 gs/xt?

The beta didn't make a difference for me. Just go onto the nVidia and do the auto search / upgrade from there.

Whats your spec machine?
I've the 256MB 6800 too, with:
3Ghz P4
3GB RAM

I originally had 1GB RAM and got slowdown at 800x600 on medium. Nothing above was playable.
I upgraded to 3GB RAM, and 1024x840 is just about playable on medium, but I may have to drop back.
This is ridiculous. The 6800 is the recommended card on the box FFS!!!! I just wasted €80 upgrading my memory specifically for PES2008 for nothing. Looks like I need to upgrade my graphics card too if I want to play the game.
At this stage, it's very close to being thrown out the window.

If u ask me the real sucky component is ur cpu... buying a much better card(anything equal/better to 8600GTS) will be limited by the cpu anyway.

And concerning the drivers... I changed back to them, tbu I noticed that my on scren icons and some files had black lines at the edges... It may have been JUST my screen resolution settings etc, but I had to remove and install different sets of drivers about 4 times before I could fix it. So ill stick to the official till the next release.

Last edited:
Ok, here comes a "noob of the month" question.

I have a laptop with nvidea geforce Go 7600 in it. 256mb dedicated ram.

Where can i see what my current drivers are? and how do i install new ones?

Ok, here comes a "noob of the month" question.

I have a laptop with nvidea geforce Go 7600 in it. 256mb dedicated ram.

Where can i see what my current drivers are? and how do i install new ones?

Go onto nvidia.com and the 'Update Drivers' section.
There's a little tool on the site that allows the page to check automatically what drivers you're currently using, and if there's available downloads.

Go onto nvidia.com and the 'Update Drivers' section.
There's a little tool on the site that allows the page to check automatically what drivers you're currently using, and if there's available downloads.

Thanks a lot for the info!!!

Going to try that out tonight.

Hi lads, I wonder if anyone can help me. I am about to purchase the new Nvidia 8800GT graphics card. I want to install it myself but have never done it before. At the moment I have a Nvidia 6600GT which has been great but struggles to play fluently on high settings. Other than taking the old card out and installing the new one and downloading the drivers...is there anything else that I would need? Thanks in advance.

Im in the same boat and am eagerly awaiting my 8800gt . Its pretty simple really , just take one card out and put the other in making sure of course that your motherboard has a PCI-e slot . Also always use driver cleaner pro which you can download free from anywhere . After you have uninstalled your graphics software run driver cleaner pro and select all the ati or nvidea settings and run . This should make sure that when you install your new card there is nothing left on your machine to interfere with it .Ive changed loads of graphics cards and never had a problem and if i can do it anyone can :lmao:

You can pick up an 8800gt for about £155-200 depending on make and spec.
Im going for BFG's overclocked 8800gt which runs at a whopping 650mhz but costs £193 . Ive read lots of reviews of this card and at present its almost untouchable so its goodbye to my X1800XT as ive been a ATI man for years

Back
Top Bottom