NEW Nvidia beta driver no pes slowdown!

NACK22

League 1
22 April 2003
What a difference a driver can make!

Well I had downloaded the new crysis demo and performance was a little choppy in places.

The settings was on high everything with 4x aa 16 af on 1280 x 1024, Now I expected it to be mega crap but it wasn't, just glitchy in places.

Anyway I found this new beta driver doing the rounds which is supposed to be optimized for crysis, so i installed played and my god what a difference to the 163.71 drivers I had before.

So naturally I cranked up the settings on pes2008 16aa 16af with supersampling and not a glitch anywhere, made such a huge difference to the gameplay I can't tell you.
Players were alot more responsive and overall it felt miles better and this is just from a driver update.

Now it might not be the same results for everyone but i'd be interested to hear if it's impacted as much as it has on mine?

Download and try if you have a 8800 card, i have the xfx 8800gts fatality 320mb

Anything lower stick to the 94.** drivers they were the best for my 7800gt

Winxp 32 bit
169.01 http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1773

169.04 http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1773

other forcewares above it

Last edited:
But isn't it strange that with your monster card with original drivers soccer game slows down? Something's ugly with PES2008...

But isn't it strange that with your monster card with original drivers soccer game slows down? Something's ugly with PES2008...

Maybe but when you look at crysis and lost planet and cod4 having the same problem i.e glitches on the official drivers then no glitches with these new beta's

It can only point to the drivers I was using correct?

yes the problem has to do with PES 2008 aswell since people are getting slow downs on PS3 too.

but cool to see that drivers are helping the problem on the PC, thanks nvidia. also no offense NACK22 but the 8800 card is pretty powerful as is.

also you guys should use Rivatuner to overclock if you have an nvidia card, that helps i find.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this also for the "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT" in my notebook?
yeah driver can make a huge difference noticed that before, thanks for sharing!

Just wondered cos you said its best to stick with the old driver if your card is below a 8800.

Might give it a go, cheers for the heads up. :D

Sorry I should have said below the 8 series cards

so 7 series 6 series

It should be fine for yours

I installed the latest 163.71 on my 2x7800GT and noticed a huge difference in FPS (compared to earlier 16X.XX) for both 3dMark06 and Crysis. Somewhat improved also in Pes2008, but still unsatisfying. I'm running 1680x1050 in both Crysis and Pes08 and I can run low-med settings in Crysis but only med settings in Pes08. How is that possible??? Crysis should be a much more demanding game than Pes08?

I installed the latest 163.71 on my 2x7800GT and noticed a huge difference in FPS (compared to earlier 16X.XX) for both 3dMark06 and Crysis. Somewhat improved also in Pes2008, but still unsatisfying. I'm running 1680x1050 in both Crysis and Pes08 and I can run low-med settings in Crysis but only med settings in Pes08. How is that possible??? Crysis should be a much more demanding game than Pes08?

For those cards you can either use the 169.02 drivers like I stated at the top of the board or I found on my 7800gt the 94.** forceware worked the best for pes2008

GeForce 7300 GS what can i do to help it run better... is there a driver for me. Someone check this out for me I dont have a clue be much appreciated

BujuBanton

I think it's made a difference on mine, i put up Anisotropic filering to 16x, Antialiasing-Transparancy to Supersampling. Replays seemed smoother.

Then i just cranked everything up. Seems even better now, not perfect, my monitor is max 60fps. But better, so thanks Nack.

For me on 7300 GT this new beta driver works better, than 94.xx. I have no blinking anymore (I had it because I have only 128 Mbyte Ram and I'm using Kitserver to get high resulution. - I think) framerate is much better, much better crowd animation, and so on. It's playable on high at 1024 x 768.

One important thing, that helps too. Set at direcix (rund dxdiag) the sound hardware acceleration to standard (second smallest) and it will improve frame rate too.

I have a Geforce Go 7300 graphics card (shite I know but it came with the laptop) - is there an updated driver fix that will improve this.

Thanks

i have the beta drivers now and yes indeed there is no slowdown anymore
Plus when i set my reso to 1680x1050 it automaticly now fixes the aspect :D

i have the beta drivers now and yes indeed there is no slowdown anymore
Plus when i set my reso to 1680x1050 it automaticly now fixes the aspect :D

Well at least I know it wasnt the fact of me being drunk lastnight, because sometimes your perception goes a little.

Don't thank me thank nvidia

I have a 7600GS 256mb and it lags when its crowded in the box...
Im playing at 1152x864 res...will this driver help or its just for the 8 series?

hey hellens, i've one 7600GS two, installed the driver and too matches in different stadiums were very smooth! try it, even youre not owning an geforce 8 series card.

my settings:

- cpu priority high
- dxdiag sound accelration one above no accelration
- new nvidia beta driver
- 1024x768 and high

not sure if the 6 and 7000 series will get much more performance out these drivers, but on my 8800gts, ive noticed better frame rates in replays.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, and I can´t play "medium", because it lacks... Can I download any of these drivers so that I can play at "medium" without it lacking?
Would appreciate an answer..
Thanks in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom