NBA 2K14

I`m still 50-50 on this game. I think I`ll wait for some reviews this weekend from people who have played the game before I take the plunge even though my "review" is the only one that matters.

So FIFA 14 gets 9.1 from them, yet NBA 2k14 gets 8.9.

Rating inconsistency is funny one. I know different reviewers can rate games differently, but I hate there are no set ratings throughout the board.

Damn it looks good, they've said myCareer is cheesy but its not that kinda of cheese they are talking about right. Although I bet is that cheesy.

Haha, I must say that PC users sometimes are lucky. I mean, http://www.nba2k.org/2013/11/nba-2k14-pc-complete-ultimate-roster.html

Great thing. Now someone release realistic sim sliders :D.

problem is the playbooks are broken. So even with this roster you cant play association. I tried starting one with my wiz but the amount of plays that are broken is ridiculous, found myself running three plays that actually worked...
dont feel like setting them up myself and you can imagine the pc was getting old. This is similiar to pes as we are waitign for editor patches and official patches until the game is playable.

Looks amazing. Might pick this one up, despite not knowing barely anything about basketball.

Looks amazing. Might pick this one up, despite not knowing barely anything about basketball.

One team goes up court and puts ball in hoop, then other team goes and does it and that happens all game. Every match ends in a draw....thats right isn't it ;)

I wouldn't play sports video game i don't follow and know nothing about. Regardless of how well made it is.

Back on topic, i see nothing so spectacular on real time next-gen gameplay compared to cg version. It's all about graphics, extra presentation perks and silly cutscenes on career modes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't play sports video game i don't follow and know nothing about. Regardless of how well made it is.

This is true except for NHL Hockey back on Genesis/Mega Drive. That was the best sports game of its generation, and no one knew anything about hockey ;)

I agree, it might not be for non-fan of the sport. Specially because NBA 2K has deep controls and gameplay, its not just running around.

Unless you are playing the super arcadey mycareer mode or the super repetitive hall of fame difficulty. If you are playing one of these two, you can expect the casual boring back and forth basketball.
I won't lie, its gonna be fun for a couple of months, but soon you'll realize its repetitive and cheating, every game will be close no matter what.

I'm honestly scared for this franchise, because of their focus every new game, and now this next gen.
They've been focusing on non-sense stuff like swag for you 'myplayer', cutscenes, drama, tweets from celebrities in your career while rosters have always been poor.

It ain't all pessimism though. The game looks fantastic, could be like this for a couple of years and would not be bad, gameplay tweaks are almost always effective as well, the core for keeping the crown is there. But focus on rosters is a must, NBA Live is doing it.

I have been watching a lot of footage on Twitch over the past few days and have to say I am very impressed with what they have done with the game. It certainly will be a title I'll pick up when I purchase a PS4 next year.

Looks like an amazing game that's for sure!

And the General Manager mode looks interesting.

Don't know if you have played it but the gm mode sucks. Give me current gens association mode over this rpg storyline vc point based crap. Moreover, you can only control one team. The only really, really good things about this game are the graphics and the AI!!! The AI adjusts to what you're doing during a game. :APPLAUD: I'm playing on Pro and getting blown out. The gameplay engine is the best I have ever seen for a sports sim. You really have to play smart basketball.

Not entirely true though. Played Both Basketball and Baseball on my Genesis back in the day when I knew nothing of and learnt a lot from them :)

Yep, I didn't have a clue about American football until I played Madden on the original XBox.

Still don't know much but know enough to have fun watching, I guess

Enjoying it inmensely, it's by far the best ps4 game right now and gameplay wise the best sports game I've ever played. Level of detail is insane.

Enjoying it inmensely, it's by far the best ps4 game right now and gameplay wise the best sports game I've ever played. Level of detail is insane.

I agree with the above. I can't believe the difference between 60fps and 30fps full 1080p. It's incredibly smooth. I've not played a NBA 2K game properly since 2K12, this is a major step up for me.

Have played it solid since I came home and have fallen in love with the presentation all over again.

Anyone had this issue? Appreciate any help

"Yesterday i was playing a regular season game on MYGM mode of NBA2k, a friend called me for a FIFA match, so i saved and quit in the middle of the game, regular stuff.

But now when i try to load it goes to some weird screen of mygm talking to a player in an office but theres nothing u can do in this screen, not evan get out i think i lost my save(16 games into franchise) and from what i saw theres no backup file, frustrating"

Im on XB1 btw.

Is there a way to call a pick n roll in this game without calling it out using voice controls?

Holding the "circle" button makes one of your teammates come to do:
- Pick & Slip
- Pick & Roll
- Pick & Fade

Depending on how long you hold the button. Works pretty well. Plus, if you're feeling lazy you can ask for an offensive play by holding L1. I advise to have the full plays painted so you see who moves where and so. It's easy to change this in the options screen.

Anyone had this issue? Appreciate any help

"Yesterday i was playing a regular season game on MYGM mode of NBA2k, a friend called me for a FIFA match, so i saved and quit in the middle of the game, regular stuff.

But now when i try to load it goes to some weird screen of mygm talking to a player in an office but theres nothing u can do in this screen, not evan get out i think i lost my save(16 games into franchise) and from what i saw theres no backup file, frustrating"

Im on XB1 btw.

I heard there are many bugs in the mode, specifically if you save mid-game. Sorry to hear that!

Back
Top Bottom