NBA 2K14

Fuck, really? Did u do something special or did the reset happen just like that? I need to be very careful when I start my console next time..
I didn't have time to play for a week and today started NBA2k14 for a twitch broadcast test. Immediately started training mode and just wondered why the shot feedback vibration was on. All the settings were reset to default, including sliders. After that downloaded the old save from PS+ cloud and all settings are right again.

That boy is a beast.

vfxz.png

PS4, thanks anyway, but could you give some tips which slider setttings are essentiell??
I use the Simulation sliders and lowered the Offensive Rebounds and points in the zone for the CPU. Don't know what exactly else I changed.

Can't believe I still won that game with the Clippers, what an end to the game. :SHOCK:

38bq.png

aart.png

dx0y.png

Its about that time of the year when NBA 2K decides to stop loading properly :BRICK:

Every year since 2K7 at one point something breaks (I'm 99% sure its the stupid server) and the game starts to play up. Sometimes it refuses to load and I can't get to the main menu, other times everything is normal, its extremely frustrating. :RANT:

I've seen some fixes where you have to delete some files, I'm not going to delete stuff I spent hours updating/tweaking.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the way their game reads and loads data.

Is it like this on next gen?

Its giving BF4 a run for its money when it comes to which game can crash my PS3 the most.

I use the Simulation sliders and lowered the Offensive Rebounds and points in the zone for the CPU. Don't know what exactly else I changed.

Can't believe I still won that game with the Clippers, what an end to the game. :SHOCK:

38bq.png

aart.png

dx0y.png

very similar thing (clippers (me) rockets cpu) happened to me yesterday. I said inside "oh it's going away again, friggin cheater CPU!" then I hit a 3, then I stole the ball right away(wtf) n hit another 3, fouled them parsons missed one and I hit a buzzer beater 3. in the ot, I made another comeback. at one point I blocked harden with collison and the ball hit harden's head and went outside. the last 20 secs you know the story, intentional fouls and free throws. might be the best win I've ever had in nba 2k series.

the script sometimes works for the user and it feels so good and so wrong at the same time. :P

Its about that time of the year when NBA 2K decides to stop loading properly :BRICK:

Every year since 2K7 at one point something breaks (I'm 99% sure its the stupid server) and the game starts to play up. Sometimes it refuses to load and I can't get to the main menu, other times everything is normal, its extremely frustrating. :RANT:

I've seen some fixes where you have to delete some files, I'm not going to delete stuff I spent hours updating/tweaking.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the way their game reads and loads data.

Is it like this on next gen?

Its giving BF4 a run for its money when it comes to which game can crash my PS3 the most.

Having connection to the servers (I'd say 99% of the time), I experienced only twice a strange glitch where the game wouldn't even boot. But the next attempt it boots normally.

Without internet or server connection, I cross the fingers or just load another game.

I still can't get over how good the audio is on this game.

The crowd are fantastic, the volume rises if you're a few points behind and start to catch up getting louder and louder the closer you pull it back. Equally they'll die if the other team close up shop and start nicking some points. I love dunking it after a block or steal and hearing the arena die.

Also the commentary is sublime. A few repetitive lines here and there but I love how they'll interrupt themselves to shout wow and then go back to what they were saying. Or how they seem to actually talk about what actually happened. No ea fifa like "He played well" and "well this player had a nightmare last game".

Plus I love they way they'll favour the bigger teams and spend most of the match talking them up. I hate it in PES where the commentary are always talking about my team trying to win against the so almost as if they favour my team.

Having connection to the servers (I'd say 99% of the time), I experienced only twice a strange glitch where the game wouldn't even boot. But the next attempt it boots normally.

Without internet or server connection, I cross the fingers or just load another game.

My connection is solid and fast, what I meant by the 99% thing was that the 2K servers are unreliable and it can happen at the worst possible moment.

If the servers are down there is no point playing the game because it won't save your progress. Don't fall for the 'fake auto save', I've experienced it in My Player and Association, one hour (tends to be a good performance too) wasted.

@ Radiation, the audio is great and can be even better with custom audio but I'm still struggling to get the right balance between commentary and atmosphere.

Last edited:
PS4 doesn't support it, silly decision by Sony.

Playing a season with the Cavs actually, these are my stats for now (I play on 10min per quarter to get realistic results).

Points per Game
Kyrie Irving 21.4
Dion Waiters 16.7
Anderson Varejao 15.7
Tristan Thompson 14.6
Luol Deng 14.0
Jarret Jack 7.5

Rebounds per Game
Anderson Varejao 7.9
Tristan Thompson 6.4
Luol Deng 4.7
Anthony Bennett 4.6
Kyrie Iriving 3.8
Dion Waiters 3.5

Assists per Game
Kyrie Irving 7.8
Jarret Jack 4.2
Dion Waiters 3.9
Luol Deng 2.6
Sergey Karasev 2.0
C.J. Miles 1.4

Blocks per Game
Anderson Varejao 1.7
Tristan Thompson 1.7
Anthony Bennett 1.2
Luol Deng 1.2
Jarret Jack 0.8
Spencer Hawes 0.7

Currently on super sale on Steam for PC. Anyone recommend that version? I don't have a next-gen, is the PC version still worth playing for a newbie to the series?

Currently on super sale on Steam for PC. Anyone recommend that version? I don't have a next-gen, is the PC version still worth playing for a newbie to the series?
Definitly, this game is the best sports game on all plattforms, regardless of whether it's next gen or not.

Can I ask a couple stupid questions? I'm only really playing My Career so far, and for a newcomer to the franchise - it's freaking impossible! Starting out you basically can't make a basket, at all. Anyway my q's, all on PC version:

1. Why is My Career difficulty locked to All Star, HoF or Superstar? Is it just me?
2. If I change hte sliders in the start menu, does that impact My Career? You don't appear to be able to edit sliders in My Career?

I kind of like how hard it is in a sense, but it's also dull as hell - I spend all my time playing good d, and setting picks because my player is so utterly useless at shooting. Is there anyway to make it a bit more forgiving?

In My Player go to game mode settings, you can change the difficulty there, I can't remember if there are any lower difficulties though.

Unfortunately sliders have no impact on My Player

Man, My Career is the hardest mode of any sports game I've ever played. You're so reliant on your AI teammates, and they're complete idiots most of the time.

Plus there definitely seems to be some 4th quarter handicapping going on. My whole teams' shooting goes to hell if it's a tight game in the 4th.

Anyway, hopefully after investing 10 hours in the game, my 'rookie' might actually demonstrate a little basketball ability.

Probably because MyCareer and Path to Greatness modes are locked on All-Star/Hall of Fame difficulties :P.

I got my ass whooped not knowing what the f**k was going on. Did little research and bang. ;)

Back
Top Bottom