NBA 2K14

Caved and got this from the XBO digital store. Presentation and graphics as amazing as ever, better than ever with the next gen power. I really want to get into this and learn to play it right.

Started watching nba games on bt/espn and really enjoying it so want to learn from that for the game.

So....

1) best camera angle? Side or behind?
2) how important are 'plays'
3) how often should I call a pick/roll

Caved and got this from the XBO digital store. Presentation and graphics as amazing as ever, better than ever with the next gen power. I really want to get into this and learn to play it right.

Started watching nba games on bt/espn and really enjoying it so want to learn from that for the game.

So....

1) best camera angle? Side or behind?
2) how important are 'plays'
3) how often should I call a pick/roll

for me personally,

1) 2k
2) depends on the difficulty, more vital the higher the difficulty
3) as often as needed, good outlet to give yourself some space and create openings especially in the 4th.

I can't stand the 2K camera at all. I like my games to look like what you see on TV (well more or less) so always go with a side view. Personally think it looks better and I prefer it anyway.

I can't stand the 2K camera at all. I like my games to look like what you see on TV (well more or less) so always go with a side view. Personally think it looks better and I prefer it anyway.

That's exactly my feeling. I did try the 2k cam last night and can see the advantage, but kinda ruins the feel of the game for me?

It does look better but you can't see all the passing lanes

Any tutorials on passing lanes? I hear it's really important to figure out passing lanes, but don't know what it means!

It means the path from the passer to the receiving player. Sometimes a simple direct pass will work, others a bounce pass(lt and pass). Or maybe you need to create space and then pass. The path to choose is much harder with tv or broadcast cam

Is anyone here not into watching or playing basketball but still enjoy the game? I want to trade in my PS4 FIFA14 and the only game I can think to get is NBA 2K14 because it looks incredible and I have read nothing but good things about it(although thats why I got FIFA and its crap :(). I have never been into basketball but I figure if it is a genuinely good game then that should not matter, am I right?

Absolutely loving this. It looks superb, highly detailed and the presentation is amazing. The commentary is like having 3 people call your game live as it's happening.

The half and post match interviews are a great touch and would love ea to try that for FIFA.

Found it tough to get a handle on the game though, but watched loads of tutorials and getting the little nuances now. Just had a great game v the rockets (I'm the Trail Blazers). Was actually exchanging scores with em until I lost my way abit in the 3rd quarter, but only lost by 5 points (has been anything around 20+). Was playing really well - pick and rolls, opening space, drawing fouls etc. great game!

Is anyone here not into watching or playing basketball but still enjoy the game? I want to trade in my PS4 FIFA14 and the only game I can think to get is NBA 2K14 because it looks incredible and I have read nothing but good things about it(although thats why I got FIFA and its crap :(). I have never been into basketball but I figure if it is a genuinely good game then that should not matter, am I right?

I personally don't think you can go into it without some decent knowledge of how the game is played - or at least want to learn. I've started watching Nba on bt and espn and it's really helped with the game.

FIFA is quality if played right... but won't go into that :)
I've always liked Basketball but can't say I enjoy watching it that much. I know most of the rules but have no idea what all the positions are called. Its basically 5-a-side footy to me. I get the ball and pass it about. I get tanked online but have great games with my nippers. There's obviously more to it than what I've said but I still find you can enjoy it anyway. Its a great game and a lot of fun. It won't replace FIFA for me but its a good game to play for a change as sport games are my favourite genre.

The atmosphere and presentation on this is incredible. Played a game yesterday and the overlays during the match were decorated with "Happy new year", the presenter mentioned it being new years eve a few times ... just so well done.

For those playing on PS3/360, what rosters/sliders are you using?

I'm blind, how to change the controller mapping on PS4? I always used circle for shooting instead of square.

edit: Seems you cannot change it on PS4, that sucks.

Last edited:
You on the 360? There are better rosters available. Check out vctrb and those guys who post in that thread.

I'm on PS3, I've noticed there are more 360 rosters available.

I'm taking the long route and doing it manually by combining different sliders, changing jump shots and taking some parts of rosters.

Opened NBA2k14 on PS4 today and all my settings were reset back to default. Glad to have PS+ so could bring the settings back from the cloud. Changed a lot on sliders to fit my personal taste, would have been a pity to loose it.

Fuck, really? Did u do something special or did the reset happen just like that? I need to be very careful when I start my console next time..

Back
Top Bottom