NBA 2k13 - news, videos

I've read that in My Player real money contracts has been replaced with VC coins and everything is Auto Save.

i thought Konami were the only immersion killers.

I've read that in My Player real money contracts has been replaced with VC coins and everything is Auto Save.

i thought Konami were the only immersion killers.

Hopefully next years the "banana" boost will be implemented...

I never got into that mode, association and on line will keep me busy for a long time.

Got the game yesterday. Feels amazing. What Tobi says is true, but there are a lot of improvements in MyCareer for what I've seen (only 10 minutes).

The important thing is that gameplay feels enormous. All the little changes have polished the game. Speed and physicality play a big role.

I only played 3 matches, but the feeling of GOAT is everywhere in this game. At least to me. I love the gameplay, all the things I hated from 2k12 have been brilliantly fixed.

The only problem was a laggy online match, but that may be due to my opponent being thousands of KMs away.

So much to discover and explore in the game... The training camp does a lot to explain all the movements. I advise you to spend the first hours there. I'm getting used to the right stick.

Got the game yesterday. Feels amazing. What Tobi says is true, but there are a lot of improvements in MyCareer for what I've seen (only 10 minutes).

The important thing is that gameplay feels enormous. All the little changes have polished the game. Speed and physicality play a big role.

I only played 3 matches, but the feeling of GOAT is everywhere in this game. At least to me. I love the gameplay, all the things I hated from 2k12 have been brilliantly fixed.

The only problem was a laggy online match, but that may be due to my opponent being thousands of KMs away.

So much to discover and explore in the game... The training camp does a lot to explain all the movements. I advise you to spend the first hours there. I'm getting used to the right stick.
i am going to pick this up today as well, pes will probably only be played afew times a months with mates.. so this is going to be the game for me

What Justin Bieber?? Might think twice bout getting the game if that's the case. Lol.

By the way, is there any way to get the game by digital download now? Or I gotta wait till 11th like they mention on Amazon?

Justin Bieber leads a celebrity team in the game which are apparently higher rated than Phoenix Suns!

So some wacky strange inclusions, but whatever, the actual game is great anyway and those things can be ignored and not used.

how is the stamina system for on line games? do you have to careful use the sprint button?

I actually think they should release a DLC with full leagues from the 80es.

Finally played it guys, and the game is fantastic, physics are amazing, player moving and spacing is amazing, driving and shooting inside is amazing.

But its not all good news, that cpu still has its cheese abilities like the famous shot clock cheese, which is now just cheese, in 2K12 on last seconds the cpu used to do a quick move that always got you in an animation that you can't contest their shot properly, now it doesn't need the clock winding down, if the cpu handler sees that you ruled out all of his passing options and he has nowhere to go he will burst quickly and beat your animation no matter what. Of course you can't avoid that by not guarding the ball handler, but then again the game feels like 2K11 in a way that whoever you are controlling reacts slow for a tiny second is the guy the cpu will score over, and it sucks cause you feel its always your fault your defense broke.

Another major problem is that I did not found the clutch sliders and the clutch factor off thing, and we all know how that clutch ruins the experience and make every game close, repetitive and the cpu like a bulldozer when they are on a run, if you can't manage your timeouts to counter those runs you are doomed. First game I had was 125-122 which is ridiculously high scoring in my opinion, that with the cpu shooting 78% in the 1st quarter and they managing the difference around 6pts until the end, that typical 2K game where whatever you do the cpu does back, it felt like a myplayer game without being it. Clutch factor sucks, I will already try mess with the sliders to try to fix it.

Those are my two main, but only problems, everything else felt amazing so far.

As for the controls Drekk, you are right feels like we have to learn everything again :P I'm shooting with :square: now cause I always forget to hold the trigger for the shot stick, I just can't do it...

The game is full of cheesing unfortunately. I prefer playing sim style of basketball and its another downgrade of 2k11 for me. Also that jay-z crap is annoying over the manus and game intros, feels like im about to attend a party not basketball game.

The animations is great and very fluid tho, whata shame they didn't look over balance of the game at all.

I agree with all the jay-z stuff, it feels out of place most of the time, but that doesn't annoy me that much, what matters to me is gameplay (and I DO like some of the visual details related to music with audio spectrums).

About gameplay being cheesy... I don't feel like this by now. I've been balancing my attacks and most of the time it feels just great. When defending, there are some moments in which CPU has the bulldozer active, that's true, but by now I feel it's reduced from 2k12 and similar to 2k10-11.

I've played some online games, and had very realistic and balanced matches for the most part. Usually, the players who cheese are the ones who quit when being 10 points down. I had to quit 2 matches because of lag, though, which has always been the black hole of the game. For years.

If anyone wants to try online, feel free to invite me whenever you see me online.

what dif setting? hall of fame?

I'll be getting the game in a couple of weeks. i am ready for the on line battles, no self alley hoop pliz!

quitters are amusing, i had people quitting the demo down by 7 points...i mean why would you quit a demo?

Yea cheese in 2K12 was far worse, but the fact the you can't turn clutch off really bugs me. I hate that unrealistic comeback that always happens when you have it on. Hope I just could not find it yesterday cause I tried to change it when I was actually on a game, maybe that's the reason.

Yea cheese in 2K12 was far worse, but the fact the you can't turn clutch off really bugs me. I hate that unrealistic comeback that always happens when you have it on. Hope I just could not find it yesterday cause I tried to change it when I was actually on a game, maybe that's the reason.

I was down 21 in my first game, clawed my way back in but choked at the end.

I'm starting on Pro, will move up to All Star when I'm comfortable with all the new stuff.

Has anyone found a solution to keeping the FG% down?

Last edited:
Don't have it yet. I'm hear the game is good but not worth the retail price. I think I'll wait for a price drop or put it on X-Mas w-list.

Assoc the same as last yr
Can't turn auto save off
Missing legends - C.Webb

The gameplay is brilliant but some things off the court are just weird.

In My Player real money contracts have been replaced with Super Mario gold coins. Your initial contract is worth 500 coins and the amount you earn in the mode is so little.

Playing a standard exhibition game can get you 1000 coins, awful eco system!

The auto save thing is annoying, I hope its just a coincidence that Konami and 2K have both done it.

Sliders are no longer an individual file etc.

Last edited:
cheesing by the cpu is much considerably less in this one comparing to the last year imo. playing on the all-star diff, I didn't have much hard time against Lakers with Rockets as an example - that was an impossible achievement in 2k12 for me! (Rockets is not a random team of course, they are one of the few non-big teams who have three excellent distance shooters and three good rebounders in the starting five which fits perfectly to my playing style). apart from the high FG %'s and that awful soundtrack, the game feels perfect from my side.

Maybe pc version has worse gameplay ?
I really hate how cpu constantly hits bad shots or force the ball into the paint. Playing on allstar+simulation and its just frustrating with double-standarts for me and cpu. Also graphics is quite ugly, players models too small and skin tones way off on some players. Resolution of textures also decreased.

I got 2k11 as well in my pc and it feels much more polished than both 2k12 and 2k13. Very balanced gameplay and looks much better.

cheesing by the cpu is much considerably less in this one comparing to the last year imo. playing on the all-star diff, I didn't have much hard time against Lakers with Rockets as an example - that was an impossible achievement in 2k12 for me! (Rockets is not a random team of course, they are one of the few non-big teams who have three excellent distance shooters and three good rebounders in the starting five which fits perfectly to my playing style). apart from the high FG %'s and that awful soundtrack, the game feels perfect from my side.

C'mon, you have Lin who's basically capable of torching the Lakers by his own. :P I like the Clippers, once again they are my fav team in this game besides the Knicks (it's a pitty that we don't have a dominant PG like Paul, I'm already imagining the PnR with Tyson and STAT and the passes delivered to Novak outside :( ) I just love to execute the pick-and-roll with Jordan and Griffin. :BOP:

I'm learning to defend and stay in front of guys now and the game is a dream, what wonderful first matches I had so far, even the playing style of the teams and players feels more realistic. Slow guys are slooow, bad defenders are bad, I agree about high FG% but its easily fixable with sliders.
About my player I made a quick center just to see what the mode is like and I liked how some things are actually cheap this year, but I will earn those points in other modes, then create a PG there and try for real...

I'm learning to defend and stay in front of guys now and the game is a dream, what wonderful first matches I had so far, even the playing style of the teams and players feels more realistic. Slow guys are slooow, bad defenders are bad, I agree about high FG% but its easily fixable with sliders.
About my player I made a quick center just to see what the mode is like and I liked how some things are actually cheap this year, but I will earn those points in other modes, then create a PG there and try for real...

My problem with defence is teammates AI. Usually when i don't let them force drive to the paint my teammates either give open lane for a cutter or leave someone wide open for an easy points. Played with mavs agans knicks and shawn marion, whos one of the finest defender left melo to get open to the paint for like 6 time in first half. Didn't even played the second half as it was too frustrating to see how everything out of control in defence.

Try changing the coach settings in help defense, it sucks when they try to help too much. I prefer to manually call for double teams.

the game is selling well in the uk.good news! I'll be probably spending hundreds of hours on the game!

Now if someone would tell me how to dunk when i stand close to the basket..my players always do lay up, i can only dunk when i am running.

my only complain so far is that some layups are a bit too easy, sometimes you have a player 2 meters from the basket and he pulls some amazing kareem abdul jabar moves...for years layups have been very difficult, this time around maybe slighlty too easy.

other than that it is the best sport game ever. I don't even get that sense of fatigue i get when i play pes or fifa for a couple of hours.

i just need to choose a couple of teams for the on line battles. Any suggestions? i was thinking about the bulls.

Players you try to dunk with have no enough 'vertical' rating.

The game sells good because its overhyped and the only nba game on the market currently. People rate it good because they compare it to 2k12, but if you'd compare to 2k11 it's far from the best nba 2k title gameplay wise.

Last edited:
Players you try to dunk with have no enough 'vertical' rating.

The game sells good because its overhyped and the only nba game on the market currently. People rate it good because they compare it to 2k12, but if you'd compare to 2k11 it's far from the best nba 2k title gameplay wise.

i disagree. i kept nba 2k11 with 2012 rosters (i didn't like 2012 at all). True that 2k13 is a bit too generous on the offensive side, but in transition, right stick ball handling, animations and physicality is way superior to nba2k11.

And then again you can always alter the game with sliders.

i'd say nba2k13 is probably the best sport game of the ps3/360 generation.

Back
Top Bottom