NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

So there isn't any update for the ps3? I was playing yesterday night and was not asked to update.

I've upped difficulty to All-star with my own sliders, having a blast with the game now that I know how things work. I'm scoring more fastbreaks than the CPU and now and then having less turnovers. Offensive rebounds depend on who I face, but one important thing is to protect the rebound, something you really can do at the expense of letting the cup shoot from far. You've got to choose wisely your moves everytime.

Right now leading the NBA with my fine-tuned grizzlies. My starting 5 is averaging 70 points per match (Conley 16, Gay 20, Mayo 14, Randolph 14, Gasol 14) and the bench is scoring around 25 points per game.

I have a very tough defense, that's the key to my success.

Its the same patch that was released previously on the PS3 Drekkard.

Comeback ai is insane this year. Lost an 18 point lead in the fourth and opposing team won by 8 lol.

Still, its the best basketball game ever! Im using the Bucks, 4-3 in Association so far.

I have the same feeling, as a matter of fact I think they do by cheating, its kinda of ridiculous.

Every final quarters is the same thing, I started another my player, first I was playing for the Kings, and guess what, when we manage to get an advantage at the beginning on the final quarter Evans couldn't score any, we get no rebounds offensive or defensive, and they all give the ball to me, the worst shooter of the team.

Then I got traded to the Rockets, a team who was winning at least, but as soon as I got there is the same thing, I had a game with the Grizzles the other day with two over times, after leading by 19 pts in the 2nd quarter, I only manage to win cause I got lucky with some inside lay-ups and ridiculous focused defending with a block at the buzz.

Its incredible how this happens every single time, I'm going to update that 'offensive clutch' stat every SP I get, cause this is getting ridiculous.
Let see if that helps a little, it says ability to do stuff at the pressure momment.
That my player mode is pissing me off so much I'm not playing the other modes :RANT: I must become a good player and beat that cheating AI.
Oh and the sliders doesn't seem work on that mode or am I crazy?

I have the same feeling, as a matter of fact I think they do by cheating, its kinda of ridiculous.

Every final quarters is the same thing, I started another my player, first I was playing for the Kings, and guess what, when we manage to get an advantage at the beginning on the final quarter Evans couldn't score any, we get no rebounds offensive or defensive, and they all give the ball to me, the worst shooter of the team.

Then I got traded to the Rockets, a team who was winning at least, but as soon as I got there is the same thing, I had a game with the Grizzles the other day with two over times, after leading by 19 pts in the 2nd quarter, I only manage to win cause I got lucky with some inside lay-ups and ridiculous focused defending with a block at the buzz.

Its incredible how this happens every single time, I'm going to update that 'offensive clutch' stat every SP I get, cause this is getting ridiculous.
Let see if that helps a little, it says ability to do stuff at the pressure momment.
That my player mode is pissing me off so much I'm not playing the other modes :RANT: I must become a good player and beat that cheating AI.
Oh and the sliders doesn't seem work on that mode or am I crazy?

Ahaha im loving this mode too...
Got drafted as a PG to the Trial Blazers(terrible draft posisitioning, 4th pick of the 2nd round) and im in the starting five already(Andre Miller couldnt handle me)

I think my "developing tatics" worked well, i invested all my skill points in Medium range shooting, so im a beast now, 94 in that atribute, im a kind of a new Allen Iverson shooting the rock almost every time i get on the ball and since im only have 5'8 im quick and can drible a lot... already averaging 22.8 pts a game plus 4.9 assists...

But i just requested a trade since i really dont like Portland, asked to be traded to my beloved C's(i can play SG too along side Rondo, if Nate can, i surely can too!) or to the Bucks(love their uniforms).

Lets see what happens...

I like this game itself, it very interesting.

I havent played it yet but it looks good, hopefuly its better then the last one.

It is better than the last one, and to be honest i quite liked the last one.
IMO it is more difficult than the last one.

I'm slowly getting used to it, i love playing with Oklahoma...good team.

Did you turn Clutch Factor off? If not, do it.

I have it activated. Will try to turn it off and see if theres a change. One thing I learned from the AI comeback thing (may sound cliche as well) is to dictate the flow of the game and defend religiously. I tend to run plays more, burn time while in the lead and TRY to commit less turnovers which I think the people at 2K wants players to realize same as the real thing :APPLAUD:

Anyone unlocked all Jordan shoes btw?

When your in the lead (up by ten for example) you should call a time out whenever the opposition start to make a run and start chipping away at your lead. It kills the chance for them to gain some momentum and allows you to compose yourself again jut incase you start panicking and or go through a stretch where you offense goes MIA.

Manual time outs work best.

When your in the lead (up by ten for example) you should call a time out whenever the opposition start to make a run and start chipping away at your lead. It kills the chance for them to gain some momentum and allows you to compose yourself again jut incase you start panicking and or go through a stretch where you offense goes MIA.

Manual time outs work best.

And when in possession, burn as much time as possible.

This game is so addictive and fun. Which Jordan do you guys find yourself using a lot? I like using the 85 Jordan just because of his speed and amazingly diff sick dunking animations. I also like using the 90-91, 91-92, Jordan. They vary in skills and dunk animations but are so much fun to use.

I'm playing on All-star now and difficulty has upped a bit. I'm finding it really hard to win matches, but I keep winning by close margins. I've recorded 10 straight wins, most of them under 5 points of difference.

It's true that now and then the CPU has some "boost" towards the end of the match. In my oppinion, most of the time is just great and realistic, and you have different weapons to fight:

- Use timeouts. Lots of them, whenever the AI is getting a hot streak.
- Do fouls. Don't let them score easy points.
- Don't overdo yourself trying to steal the ball. Simply position yourself and they will end up missing some shots. If you overcommit, you are giving away a lot of space and easy shots.
- Do substitutions if you can't stop someone. Conley is one of my stars, but in a match he couldn't cope with Chris Paul, so I put Mayo on the guard and left Conley on the bench. I missed Conley points, but MAyo was able to stop Paul with its superior body and strength.
- If you have strong players, force the post plays and scratch some fouls. Secure the free throws. Free throws are a very powerful weapon and let you score seasy points, plus you put fouls on your opponent.
- I have some great plays in my playbook that I use in those occasions (don't use them a lot before because CPU AI will adapt and try to disrupt them, so I leave them as "clean" as possible until the last quarter).

That said, SOMETIMES the AI boosts are just a tad too much. Put clutch factor off and you will iron it a bit. There are, though, those "this is bullshit" moments once every 4 or 5 matches, in which AI is able to score even by farting in the last minutes.

I had Detroit scoring 3 consecutive 3pointers to tie the game. All of them contested by one or more players, 2 of them with the shooting player unbalanced, and the other one from halfline in the last second (contested by Randolph and Gay). I won on vertime anyway, but it was just too much and felt bad after I was 10 up 3 minutes to go in the 4 quarter.

Absolutely loving the game, and I haven't even touched MyPlayer or the Jordan Challenges... PES and FIFA will collect a lot of dust.

Last edited:
About to start an Association with the Bulls, but I really dislike Deng and Brewer, specially because of their slow jumpshots.

Who do you guys recommend trying to trade these guys for?

I'd like to get a good shooter to feed after driving to the basket with Rose, and maybe an athletic guy that can really attack the basket and dunk on somebody. :)

About to start an Association with the Bulls, but I really dislike Deng and Brewer, specially because of their slow jumpshots.

Who do you guys recommend trying to trade these guys for?

I'd like to get a good shooter to feed after driving to the basket with Rose, and maybe an athletic guy that can really attack the basket and dunk on somebody. :)

Go to the Trade Finder and see what offers the CPU teams would offer you if you want to trade. Also how much money are they on? Perhaps you could take Melo to Chicago...

There are many good shooters that would fit the bulls, like Dudley, Korver, etc.. but I would recomend Hamilton from Detroit. Plus, he's got that maks in the face that makes him look like Hannibal Lecter.

About attacking the basket, Tracy Mc Grady can be a great option though he's quite old and can't play too often, but he's easy to trade in. Another easy trades that are interesting for this kind of athletic player are Shannon Brown from the Lakers and Hakim Warrick from the Suns.

It will be hard to put Deng on a trade, though, given his high wages. Melo would be too much of a star to put there. Personally, I would prefer Rose and Boozer to run the team. Melo is one of those who need a ball for himself to play the sport...

Fantastic post drekkard. Really good tips to stop the magical run of the cpu. Especially using timeouts, do fouls (no easy basket at all) and don't rush yourself is so important to stop the cpu runs.

I'm playing on All Star too and most of the time i know why i win and why i lose. Ever Game has his ups and downs and some key moments and most of my games are fair games. I don't feel cheated a lot to be honest. And sometimes in this game and in the real game players are just unstoppable. Sometimes all you can to is playing great defense and pray.

Yesterday i played with the Bulls against the Celtics. It was a close game the hole time (12 Mins Q.) and the biggest lead for the Celtics was 5 points. I lost this game by 2 after Pierce hit a Midrange Shot with my hand right in his face. I was so close to him, it was such a good defense move but he just hit it. He did a Step-Back Jumper to generate this little space and hit the shot. It was just a great shot.

The moment he shot i jumped out of my seat screaming "nooooooooooooo". It went in and i was speechless. Thrilled by this close game, disappointed by the loss but impressed from this fantastic shot. I looked at the replay and smiled. And that is why i love this game so much. It is about playing and enjoying the greatness of this sport - not about winning. It even makes you smile after you lose. That is fantastic and i wish every game would be like this.

I'm in love with this game - pure love and i still haven't even touched MyPlayer or the Jordan Challenges (ha - sound familiar eh? :D ). But soon i will. Just trying to end my season with the bulls successfully (Second Round Playoffs against the Celtics at the moment and probable the end - Celtics leads 3-1 now) and after this i will go deep into the Jordan Challenges. Can't wait. MJ. I feel like a kid. Such a great game.

Ah, so finnally my trade request was fullfilled in my player mode...

Guess what, was traded to the freaking SUNS!?!?! As a PG, seems ill root in the bench for another 2, 3 seasons :(

Time to hit the "trade button" again....

nba2k112010110919381783.jpg

nba2k112010110919341152.jpg

nba2k112010110919095490.jpg

Gotta loooove PC modding. :)

He can always sign some big meat in the likes of Perkins or Gortat, someone who won't score many, but it's there to do screens, take rebounds and stop the big piles of meat that other teams throw to you.

If you are only searching for that....Gortat or Perkins have too huge of a contract to really give you that flexibility, I'd say look at some guys from Raptors cause they're cheaper and strong rebounders (Reggie Evans, David Anderson for example).

I did really well with them on rebounds....

Anderson played in Barcelona before going to the NBA, and he's a good mid distance shooter too. Gortat and Perkins are too expensive, your're right, but what about Love, he achieved 30 points and 30 rebounds last night in reality!!!

Minnesota will want a lot in return for Love, they want Nash from me but I'm going to try and convince them that Hedo can 'help' them.

I'm going to offer them J Rich and Channing overpaid Frye for Love, he is perfect for our system.

Last edited:
Ah, so finnally my trade request was fullfilled in my player mode...

Guess what, was traded to the freaking SUNS!?!?! As a PG, seems ill root in the bench for another 2, 3 seasons :(

Time to hit the "trade button" again....

I did hit my trade button again, I'll admit Heat and Hawks interest seduced me, but only lasted one week :RANT:

Then the trade request lasted 3 more games, resulting in me getting booed a lot :D

Anyway my result was the same as yours, the Suns, at first I thought oh noes, never gonna play over Steve Nash, but my game there improved a lot getting loads of minutes as 6th man, most as SG but scoring around 18 points every game, with 65-70 in shooting skills.
Mostly because the team movement is a lot better and Nash put me in easy shots almost every time, weather is layups or medium jump shots, I even manage to get around 3500SPs on a Lakers key game.
I got a feeling I wont want out at least for a couple of years.

Oh and this goes for tobi or someone who is familiar with the Suns:
Whats up with Suns mascot? What the hell is that supposed to be? Is it an animal? Cause I can't identify it :P
It does a pretty good 'worm' though.

Back
Top Bottom