NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Does anyone feel that the shot release timing has changed for the worse since the patch?

Does anyone feel that the shot release timing has changed for the worse since the patch?

It has definately changed. I've only played one game since the patch, could not figure out if timing changed and there are new released points to get used to, or if its just messed up. It sure is quicker.

I hate it now, I got battered by the Kings in Association tonight and shot a pathetic 34%.

I can't shoot with Nash and J Rich any more and Hedo and Frye might as well not be on the court.

Trade update.

I traded Peaches for Ibaka, Kevin love is injured at the moment so I'm going to have to wait six weeks before I go back in for him. Dallas are still playing hard ball over Roddy Beabois.

I feel like Arry Redknapp.

Release times definitel changed. Yu have to get used to them and they feel more difficult, for sure, as if the release window is now very narrow. It's only worrying in the case of certain players. For example, I find it hard to release perfect shots with Mayo and only with him. I mean, Conley, Gay, Randolph, they all changed the release times but I got them quickly. Mayo is hard to get used to, maybe with time.

Anyway, I'm shooting around 46% in my Association, having sliders set as 46/48/50/48 (Close, Medium, 3p, layups). I'm 5 matches away from playoffs and I'm in the first spot in the western conference, tied with Oklahoma and the Lakers. The difference between the first 8 is minimal, so everything can happen (59 matches associtaion).

I've got some niggles here and there, but overall the game continues to be incredible. I've discovered ways to stop the cpu frmo driving in, and finally I've turned into a cold-blooded murderer and I'm able to win closely contested matches regularly.

Just the best game I've played this year. I'm so hooked to it that I have bought HD satellite tv in order to watch NBA in HD (and football too, ;) )

The release windows is only half the problem, the animations and shot feedback indicator aren't working properly.

Steve Nash in particular is just weird now, before the patch his shot was shot and signature animation was perfect, now the release point has changed but the animations don't match. Plus the indicator tells me that its a bad shot but the ball goes in and when I get a 'green' shot its the opposite.

Dragic and Dudley aren't affected and Grant Hill has a slightly quicker release but I have to change my shot in My Player because I was Steve's shot.

Well, I have the exact same problems only with Mayo. Maybe they messed up specific release times?

About the release indicator, I don't think it's working bad. It's simply that your release seem to have a little less influence in the final outcome than before.

Before the patch, a green indicator signified an automatic basket. You would hardly miss. And a red indicator meaned a miss 90% of the times. Now it's more mixed, and personally I like it (if they fix this odd cases), as it seems to balance a bit better release times and stats. Now, even if I release a little late or early, I can sink long shots with gay, whereas before it was more boolean depending on release times.

I'm playing my first My Player game since the patch and every time I bring the ball up the court we have to run a play. I like this change because it puts a greater focus on team play but the on screen menu that usually pops up when you want to pick a play doesn't display any more. I've noticed that I can still change choose a play but because I can't see what I'm doing I end up picking the wrong play.

Also in the same game (vs PHX), I got injured but the stupid CPU has brought me back in and is forcing me to play on. My guy is hobbling around the court and I'm getting penalised left, right and centre whilst John Wall watches from the bench.

Finally, this game was my first start but it was at the expense of John Wall and that is just ridiculous. He has been demoted to 6th man but is somehow getting less minutes than Henrich who was 8th in the rotation.

They've taken a page from the EA book of QA testing with this patch.

EDIT: The CPU Nash and J Rich are also struggling with their shot big time.

Last edited:
Yep, MyPlayer has some issues as I've read around. I'm focusing on my Association (I have no problems with it at all).
They've taken a page from the EA book of QA testing with this patch.
Yes, but at least gameplay is great.

On the positive note, the arena music works properly now and adds a lot to the atmosphere.

My Player coaches do act weird, but I think its all due the fact your player need to play, even if it means over their best player.

Its been a long time I don't report my career so here it goes, I moved out of Phoenix before the patch, I was tricked by the top teams interest again, and ended up in Detroit, they said this is fixed but I won't test it anytime soon.

Detroit was the worse team of the league but after I got used to the realease time, I agree with you it was for worse, they are way too fast now but after some practice you eventally get used to like when I did we started finding our track again.

All cause I understood the team plays, this was an essential change, I do the play they call almost every time and its awesome, they call the plays for players in hot streaks most of the time, still has the problem of the clutch momment its all thrown on you but nothing a boost in offensive clutch can't handle.

I ended up playing the Rookies game, strangely John Wall was the SG even though I have SG as a secondary while he doesn't. On that game Wall's minutes were ridiculous but he still beated me for the ROTY. No wonder that happens at Washington. Stupid coaches.

When the season ended I got an offer to stick with Detroit but they traded a ridiculous number of players with Hawks, Bucks and a created rookie PG extremly good. So I ended up picking the Lakers :SMUG: yes I know glory hunter, but to be honest made more sense for the position, I had 4 options, Hawks with 3 +70PGs, Pistons with this promising Rookie and Stuckey, Bucks with Jennings and Lakers with some average 64PGs, glory here I come!

Only played one game for testing the calls etc, was pretty good, most calls on Gasol, some on Kobe and Bynumm but surprising as much as these last two for me.

I think the patch was really good for players that were with advanced stats already, thinking about making miracles with the shit stats, fiding gameplay faults, like I did before is nearly impossible after the patch.

Oh by the way the Rockets won the league, can you believe it, when I was there we lost 10 straights.

:LOL: Indeed.
The simmed games are too different of the ones you play.
All these teams I went in my 1st season were the best rebounders and the ones that allowed less points, and I do allow loads of points at least of my matchup and average 1.1 rebounds.

I need to play more association with changed sliders, do you recommend one, I mean made after the patch, I use a set posted here a while ago.

I would gladly share the sliders I use in my association mode, but... I don't know how to export them! From the main menu I know I can share slider sets, but once I get to the Association the option is gone in the menu. I should have to write down everything, get out of Association mode, create the set of sliders out of the mode and then export them.

But if I do this then you'll have to try them at least! I find them very balanced and produce a quite realistic experience, at least one that I'm very used to and have realistic stats per match, both simulated and played.

I don't know how to export them either, if it won't give much trouble I'd like to try them, but since looks like it will its alright, I'll check that forum posted here before.

I am using one with speed 46, I think its jd's from operation sports forum, but to be honest I think the patch made it too fast.

I will try some adjusments this weekend :P

I've changed my shot to 'Simple' and forced a trade to my preferred destination - Portland. Once the play calling is fixed I can let Roy dominate the ball and play off him. For now though its very frustrating seeing the CPU call the same play over and over. When my overall stats increase I'm going to ignore the CPU a lot more.

The only problem is that we now have 5 PGs and we all get minutes (I'm starting PG - 38 mins) this unbalanced rotation means that Rudy only gets scrub minutes.

The arena music package that I downloaded from OS includes a Got Yourself a Gun (Nas) player sound for Gilbert Arenas. It sounds awesome in game :LOL:

Played a lot of association with jd's sliders this weekend.
Gameplay does feel a lot different from deafult my player mode, only thing I'm missing is they are not really jumping as much as I wish and there are barely any dunks at all.
But the great thing is that defenses are not that tight unless are they are on critical momments.
I don't really know what difficulty I'm playing, but I'm pretty sure is Pro, and although my defending improved a lot, thanks to the hours of my player I'm contesting almost every shot, still I think the AI is pretty crap from outside so I bumped the sliders a bit instead of increasing the difficulty cause I felt they were putting to many bullshit shots there, so now its the perfect balance for my skills.
I'm playing with the Warriors and putting serious points with everyone but Biedrins, my fastbreaks are freaking fast, but I miss the dunks.
We are current top with 6-1, 6 straight wins stopped by the Trail Blazers, its strange that we are on top, the Clippers been pretty good too with 6-2, but everything else is pretty normal, maybe they are on a hot streak.

I shared my sliders, "Drekk Evoweb 2.0", which are a slight variation over JD's. About the dunks, it greatly depends on how you approach to the rim. If you have a clean path and a good dunker, and you go running towards is, you can slam it hard and with fashion depending on your right stick movement.

The sliders limit a lot the dunks in the traffic situations or when your player is not a consumate dunker. And I love it. I'm still getting 5 or 6 dunks per match, some of them in traffic with Gay, who is an absolute beast.

I play allstar and I'm on the playoffs. Won 4-1 the Rockets and now it's Dallas. I fear what Nowitzki can do to me. My offense is great, but my defending is poor (mainly due to the stats of my players, just like the real Grizzlies).

Gràcies amic, donwloaded it but only manage to test once, so my feedback might not be that accurate.
Like you said they are very similar to JDs, the whole shooting percentage instead of stick make the experience much more realistic, if you execute well your offensive and defensive plays you're all good.

My Player mode give you feedback for Good Shot Selection and Good Shot Defense, so I'm used to do it naturally now, I also changed the play calls to auto, and in association mode they are way better, the variety is bigger and they call them over and over very fast, for example depending on the side youre going they change.

But I still miss the dunks, and not bullshit dunks on traffic, more like an open Dorell Wright or David Lee, or even worse the AI Blake Griffin on a fastbreak alone instead of dunking giving a ridiculous two-handed lay up that tricked me, I was like dang! hes gonna smash it, then he dropped the ball half way trough.

Mmmm, then you can try to up the dunking tendencies a little, though I don't like having too many dunks. Maybe going from 10 to 15 or 20 will do the trick.

If you want, take JD's realistic sliders as a base and then configure them to fit your needs. Or take my sliders (which are a tweaked version of JDs) and change them too.

Tobi and Sauce may have interesting versions too.

Back
Top Bottom