Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like oasis, pulp (and some other britpop-bands) and Bob dylan.

Oh, not to forget 60's music (Dylan included), brilliant :D

Notts said:
I like oasis, pulp (and some other britpop-bands) and Bob dylan.

Oh, not to forget 60's music (Dylan included), brilliant :D

You sad bastard!!! :twisted:

Well if he supports forest as his name suggests then it's no wonder.

I was thinking of getting a cd mixer so i didn't have to fork out on vinyl, but you can't scratch on em unless you get the ones that are like a grand each, an i ain't got that kind of money. How much were your technics pro evo? I was thinking of getting citronic as there quite cheap on ebay!

did you just suggest that I support f****t????????????? :shock: :shock:

I might be a sad fucker, but dont you ever again call me a f****t supporter!

I take it back! I just try to pick on forest fans cos i like it! I quite like county cos were in the same boat we both hate forest and you've got mark stallard! He used to be my fav player ages ago(about 94/95 i think) I've got a framed pick with him in my room :D i was about 10

ah yeh, good ol' Stall. A class player indeed. Unfortunatly I dont get to see many Notts games since I live in Sweden, and when I was over in Nottingham this easter Notts played crap and lost 0-1 to Tranmere. Stallard didnt do a thing right.

Sorry for going OT

Can anyone explain to me why there has been so much Oasis programs on the music channels in the last week?

Also anyone heard metallica's new song st anger! its great! :D

ProEvo said:
Zico said:
So what kind of music do you like mixing ProEvo?

Mainly Folk and Gospel music..............and usually at the same time!!!

I call it "Folspel Music", it really ignites the soul.......... :shock: :mrgreen: ;)

Folspel Music sounds good like!!! :mrgreen: ;)

ProEvo said:
Anyone who hasn't heard 50 Pence - 'In Da Pub' needs to get on KaZaa now a d/l it!!!!!

Class.......... :shock: :mrgreen: ;)

Oh I dont believe it. I swear to god, the 1st time I heard the original I thought of that idea and was gonna rewrite the lyrics and everything. I cant believe some bastards stolen my idea :x

Oh yeah, and despite being off-topic, an excellent download off Kazaa, "Peter Kay Offical Tour CD" 40MB im 10MB done. Ive only listened to the first couple of minutes but im saving the rest of it till its complete. Jerry St Clair features though ;) Im just waiting.....

ProEvo said:
Anyone who hasn't heard 50 Pence - 'In Da Pub' needs to get on KaZaa now a d/l it!!!!!

Class.......... :shock: :mrgreen: ;)

And then use it to burn something due to its cheapness, poor rhymes and similarity to the musical pretentiousness that is 'The Streets'

ProEvo said:
Zico said:

I call it "Folspel Music", it really ignites the soul.......... :shock: :mrgreen: ;)

you really gotta hear this, it's amazing and evo could get so much skirt if he wanted it . . . . . . . but he aint into over 50's from his local church ;)

loz said:
ProEvo said:
Zico said:

you really gotta hear this, it's amazing and evo could get so much skirt if he wanted it . . . . . . . but he aint into over 50's from his local church ;)

Those old girls really know how to hav' it!!!!! If ya know what I mean............. :shock: :mrgreen: ;)

Lokil said:
Can anyone explain to me why there has been so much Oasis programs on the music channels in the last week?

I gotta say St anger was a big dissapointment for me,yeah there are some ok tracks ( shoot me again,frantic, sweet amber) but it just sounds like Nu-metal trash (Lars sounds like hes playing rubbish bins for fucks sake!)

GoonerMagik said:
Lokil said:

I gotta say St anger was a big dissapointment for me,yeah there are some ok tracks ( shoot me again,frantic, sweet amber) but it just sounds like Nu-metal trash (Lars sounds like hes playing rubbish bins for **** sake!)

That's right. It's total shite - sounds like it was recorded in someone's toilet. And what the hell have Metallica got to be 'angry' about these days? Champagne not cold enough? Can't find a room big enough to store all the loose cash?

Seriously, these guys are the biggest embarrasment to metal of all time. After having such a positive impact with Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, what they've been doing since Cliff Burton died has been a farking travesty.

I read an interview with Jason Newstead (the old bass player) who left because the rest of the band were cash hungry sell-outs - he says that Metallica touring with Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit and the whole Nu-Metal abomination was the final straw. So he's joined up with Voivod (truly classic band that one).

There still be worth watching live though simply coz there old stuff still kicks ass

GoonerMagik said:
There still be worth watching live though simply coz there old stuff still kicks ass
Ummmm ... no. I don't think I'd want to see them live. They'd probably ruin all the old stuff. Seriously, I've lost all respect for them - to the extent that I despise everything that they stand for.

Take the whole 'music stealing' issue - these guys come from a heavy metal background: an underground scene which only grew into something bigger via the common practice of tape-trading and sharing hard to get new music. And now they're big and rich, they want to stop it. Sh1t, they wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't for people trading (or 'stealing', if you want ) music. You can't have it both ways - you have to take the good with the bad.

I'm extremely glad that Jason Newstead left the band, as he seemed to be a more reasonable person (he kept his mouth shut during the whole affair, and is only starting to speak out now).

jobby said:
And what the hell have Metallica got to be 'angry' about these days? Champagne not cold enough? Can't find a room big enough to store all the loose cash?

LOL! very good. Music for teenagers. Always was, always will be. Their new video makes me laugh my ass off everytime I see it. Lyrics like "I'm madly in anger with you" LOL!! Sounds like school-kid poetry. I mean for f*cks sake, put on some Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Smiths, or some early Clash.
BTW, Anyone see the documentary on Morrissey the other night?

cal-neva said:
jobby said:
And what the hell have Metallica got to be 'angry' about these days? Champagne not cold enough? Can't find a room big enough to store all the loose cash?

LOL! very good. Music for teenagers. Always was, always will be. Their new video makes me laugh my ass off everytime I see it. Lyrics like "I'm madly in anger with you" LOL!! Sounds like school-kid poetry. I mean for f*cks sake, put on some Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Smiths, or some early Clash.
BTW, Anyone see the documentary on Morrissey the other night?

Well I'm not missing much then as I never could stick Metallica. ;) I also think anyone who associates themselves with Fred Durst should be banished from the music scene permanently...He is a total,I believe the American's would say, pantywaste, oh yeah and a pussy!!!

I only caught a part of the program about old Mozzer, of course it had to be the part where someone was slagging him off as per usual. After all this time and him not showing his face, there's still some people banging on about the same shit, which probably wasn't true in the first place. So what, he's a bit odd, who isn't?

Maybe cal-neva you could shine some light on what they were on about for me please? Was it a good program overall? :D

MaX_NormaL said:
Maybe cal-neva you could shine some light on what they were on about for me please? Was it a good program overall? :D

It was fascinating. He hasnt done an interview for 13 years so to even hear him speak was amazing. Basically he talked about him living in L.A. , the split-up of the Smiths( Jonny Marr left), the court case, ( he said he wishes evil upon drummer mike Joyce) his sexuality, ( he didnt say) and vegetarianism. (meat is murder).
He still lives alone, never answers the phone, and seems to be very happy.
It showed him having lunch with Nancy Sinatra and playing the Royal Albert hall.
Very good interviews with people las diverse as Noel Gallagher and Alan Benett.
Overall a fascinating insight into the man and his life.

Bastard! Missed most of it...

Saw a bit of the prog, with him singing or crooning more like, still got class that man!

Thanks cal-neva must try to get it now. :l

Going to see "The Mars Volta" live next month, can't wait, it's going to kick off.

(For those saying The Mars who? they are a band that formed after the break up of "At The Drive In" featuring Cedric Bixler and Omar Rodriguez. from the aforementioned band. Suffice to say, "They Rock!" 8) ...and their debut album comes out in a few weeks. Their "Tremulant EP" came out last year.)
For those saying "At The what?" they were a kick asss band...and now i shut up. :l

I've only heard two ATDI songs and both were good, but I saw them live on TV once and they were pig awful, just rambling, screaming, it was aslo as if they were just battering the guitar and not playing any chords, mince it was!

As Alan Partridge would say, "sorry that was just a noise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom