Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClassicD said:
I've only heard two ATDI songs and both were good, but I saw them live on TV once and they were pig awful, just rambling, screaming, it was aslo as if they were just battering the guitar and not playing any chords, mince it was!

As Alan Partridge would say, "sorry that was just a noise!"

That might have been on Jools Holland. (which is on the "Louder.." DVD). If so, i know what you mean. If you're not familiar with their stuff it would just sound like some noise, but the energy was great, playing in bands myself, I get where they're coming from. It was close to the time when they were about to break up, hence the pissing around really. "Relationship of Command," good album though, takes some people a while to get into his singing style, but the music is genius, rhythmical, hard, yet melodic at the same time.

ProEvo said:
loz said:
two words for ya:

GEORGE BENSON :D

You been watchin Soul Nation as well lozzer........... ;)

I got new album today by 'Nu', rock on!!!!! :D

yeah did ya c it the other week went trevor nelson went old skool, northern soul some good shiate!!

Any1 heard the Kings of Leon's new album, youth and manhood. it's pretty good.

bit like nick drake crossed with whte stripes... . . . . lovin the song joes head!!!

loz said:
Any1 heard the Kings of Leon's new album, youth and manhood. it's pretty good.

bit like nick drake crossed with whte stripes... . . . . lovin the song joes head!!!
Seen an ad on the telly for it, quoting loads of top class reviews about it. Might try and find some of it for a listen.

The Coral are magic!

I cant wait for the Corals new album. The 28th cant come quick enough :D

CWright said:
I cant wait for the Corals new album. The 28th cant come quick enough :D

cwright and classic, i love you. the coral are sh!t hot there first album rocks, soooo many goods songs.

my bro's gona go mental when i tell him, they playin any gigs that ya kno of????

also i'm goin to c mclusky at the garage in london next month, if ya wana get a little bit crazy this is the band 4 u. :D

The Coral played a gig in Liverpool on the 5th Of July

They are playing a one-off show at London Camden Electric Ballroom on July 21. The show has already sold out.

damn u, sorry wrighty but i'd love to c em live, did ya get the chance?

I didnt mate, but the next time they are playing I will try my best

They played T In The Park last week, wasn't there unfortunately. I'm sure they'll be touring soon to promote the new album, will have to pick up some tickets for that.

Villafc said:
I saw them play in Dublin a few months ago. Class! Great live band. There first album hasnt left my cd player yet.

Is it broken?

:D

i just stuck it back on me pc, as i dont have a cd player, iand it is great!!!!

The Thrills album is definately one for the Summer. Go out and buy it if you havent already

Two more album recommendations, this week I got Sumday by Grandaddy and Phantom Power by Super Furry Animals. Both class albums and I recommend checking them out.

I'm going to buy the Coral and Thrills albums, any more recommendations before CDWOW get more of my cash?

Mart said:
Two more album recommendations, this week I got Sumday by Grandaddy

I really like that Grandaddy album.
Try the Kings of Leon new album.

Cheers, a mate at work has played that and I wasn't too impressed, I'll give it another go and see if it grows on me.

the greatest 10 ALBUMS of all time are.

10.Revolver(beatles)
9.Pump(aerosmith)
8.Parallel Lines (blondie)
7.Magical mystery tour (beatles)
6.Nevermind(nirvana)
5.Rumours(Fleetwood Mac)
4.St peppers lonely hearts club band(beatles)
3.Abbey Road(Beatles)
2.Californication(Red hot chilli peppers)
1.By the way (Red hot chilli peppers)

the greatest 10 BANDS of all time are.

10.Fleetwood Mac
9.Aerosmith
8.Nirvana
7.Pink Floyd
6.Blondie
5.Texas
4.Sex Pistols
3.The Police
2.The Beatles
1.The Red hot chilli peppers

the greatest 10 songs of all time are.

10.Eleoner Rigby (The Beatles)
9.Chains(Fleetwood Mac)
8.Nevermind(Nirvana)
7.A day in a life (the beatles)
6.The Zepher song (The red hot chilli peppers)
5.Heart of glass(Blondie)
4.Hey Jude (The Beatles)
3.Tear (Red hot chilli peppers)
2.Californication(Red hot chilli peppers)
1.Let it be (The Beatles)

cal-neva said:
Try the Kings of Leon new album.

a bold statement but album of the year, yeah even ahead of think tank, erm actually, its 2nd best album of the year. :D ;)

I was just looking at this thinking... mmmm Beatles, yep, Pistols, yep, Nirvana, yep, and then........

Gnairn3 said:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Texas in the top ten greatest bands!!!????

TEXAS!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom