The Band
Dire Straits (old stuff)
Beth Hart
Guns n Roses
Novastar
Otis Redding
Radiohead

you've got yourself an "all-star lineup" there yourself

i like bruce, PJ, LOVE nirvana, rem, LOVE bob dylan, LOVE dire straights, LOVE roses, otis redding and radiohead

dont think twice it's alright! :D

-fb

well he's my all time favourite and joost didnt mention him, so i just didnt put his name in there. however, i would be overly elated if anyone in this forum can share their love of the greatest canadian ever. forget that actually, he's the greatest rock 'n' roller of all time in my books!

listening to Mr Soul right this second!!

-fb

I have a few Neil Young albums, my parents are pretty big fans of him. Going to check them out this week. The albums that is, not my parents.

csaunders said:
ike i think we have had this talk before, i saw them on my bday this year, great stuff!!! they really do rock, you ever seen them live ike?
haven't seen them live yet, possibly they don't play much in Germany or i just missed them.

The Flaming Lips are fucking quality, i listened to Yoshimi . . . . non-stop for 6 months when it came out and the soft bulletin is also top notch. In fact i've got a lot of their stuff bootlegged.

They have also made an EP, i think its an EP anyway, that u can listen to the songs seperately, but if u listen to them all at the same time they compliment each other and make a song!!!! I cant remember what its called now though :(

Are we actually allowed to talk about bootlegs in here? I have a feeling a post of mine from a while ago was deleted because I mentioned a bootleg in it. A shame no one PM'ed me with the reason.

joostebrood said:
Are we actually allowed to talk about bootlegs in here? I have a feeling a post of mine from a while ago was deleted because I mentioned a bootleg in it. A shame no one PM'ed me with the reason.
why not, not all bootlegs are illegal, ie. some bands dont care if you trade there live shows and what not, as long as your not profiting, so if anyone talks about selling bootlegs, then yeah shut the F up

Another question is:

What's the most bootlegged band in the world and which artist has the best bootlegs?

My answer: Bruce Springsteen, he has some high quality stuff from the early 70's 'till now. The most fucked up band in the world when it comes to bootlegs has to be Guns n Roses. They have a few pro recordings that incidentally circulate in the bootleg circuit, but in general it was harder to find a good GNR recording than to steal some gold in Ford Knox.

joostebrood said:
The most fucked up band in the world when it comes to bootlegs has to be Guns n Roses. They have a few pro recordings that incidentally circulate in the bootleg circuit, but in general it was harder to find a good GNR recording than to steal some gold in Ford Knox.
i second this.
oh the memories... ;)

Metallica have excellent bootlegs..... I dont know if you would consider Pearl jam a bootleg band as they release all their concerts pretty much.

I think Metallica and Nirvana have the most bootlegs, and Metallica has the best bootlegs evne though im not too into them.

Milanista, search the net for Springsteen bootlegs, I can't imagine Metallica having more and of better quality than him. I've been collecting them for a few years and it's incredible!

Ike, glad I'm not the only one. Their best ones are:

- Banzai '92
- Ritz '88
- Oklahoma '92
- Paris '92
- Indiana '91
- Argentina '92 & '93

That's about it.

Milanista said:
Metallica have excellent bootlegs..... I dont know if you would consider Pearl jam a bootleg band as they release all their concerts pretty much.

I think Metallica and Nirvana have the most bootlegs, and Metallica has the best bootlegs evne though im not too into them.
hahaahha
your all wrong, all of this starts and ends with the grateful dead, no band ever in the history of the world has been recorded, traded, and sold as much as this bands bootlegs... you can find almost any show(well not any show) and they played for 30 years!!!! All of the audience recording shit started with the dead, cause they were the first band to actually allow it....
duded used to bring in 40 pound reel to reel recording equipment into shows.... there are some really good books on this

joostebrood said:
Ike, glad I'm not the only one. Their best ones are:

- Banzai '92
- Ritz '88
- Oklahoma '92
- Paris '92
- Indiana '91
- Argentina '92 & '93
it's been year since i last listened to them, but i remember Ritz '88 and Paris '92 to be very good, also the one with 'Down on the Farm' on it, may be Indiana or Oklahoma. Also a south american one, labelled Rock in the Jungle or something.

do you have some of the early recordings, eg. November Rain Piano Version and Guitar Version? hilarious stuff.

Ike, I have heard both of them versions, makes you think how November Rain could have become such a legendary song.
The one with Down On The Farm is probably a recording from Farm Aid '91. The jungle one you're talking about is from the Rock In Rio '91 concert.

joostebrood said:
The one with Down On The Farm is probably a recording from Farm Aid '91. The jungle one you're talking about is from the Rock In Rio '91 concert.
yes, Farm Aid and Rock in Rio, how could i forget them.
how do you like the Velvet Revolver album?

csaunders said:
hahaahha
your all wrong, all of this starts and ends with the grateful dead, no band ever in the history of the world has been recorded, traded, and sold as much as this bands bootlegs... you can find almost any show(well not any show) and they played for 30 years!!!! All of the audience recording shit started with the dead, cause they were the first band to actually allow it....
duded used to bring in 40 pound reel to reel recording equipment into shows.... there are some really good books on this

hey mate, is it true that it's impossible to find a studio version of Eggshells? i love that song, but i've got a feeling it was only done live with several classic singers, like bob dylan, neil young (or am i way off the radar?)

-fb

Listening to a Neil Young acoustic live performance now on 03-09-1999, Arlene Schnitzer Hall, Portland, Oregon. Damn, this is good! Very good sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom