Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aris Thessaloniki said:
Although from what I can see ur not in this kind of music I have to mention this.
"After All" by Delerium (Satoshi Tomiie remix)
It ROCKS!!!

Yeah it's a great tune, the Svenson & Gielen mix is very good too :salute: :salute:

I'm enjoying the trance track that's out sampling President Bush. Vanox & Skandle - "The Prime Suspect". Great stuff, it really sums the tosspot up. Slightly mechanical beats, good synths and a chorus that's made to simply laugh at. It goes down great in clubs.

"They-ah... they run to the hills... they find holes to get in... and we'll get 'em. And we'll do whatever we can to smoke 'em out. He has upset not just me but the people of America.. and we have here what we would call a Prime Suspect... But.. it's not just one but all those who harbor terrorism, and we'll get 'em"

I heard The Beatles - Revolution Number Nine for the first time today... Had to laugh because I knew the song that the Simpsons took the p!ss out of (with Yoko and Barney's song "number 8" BURP "number 8" BURP "number 8" BURP) actually existed, and that it was a Yoko Ono and John Lennon effort, but I'd never heard it before. I didn't realise it was actually just as stupid as the Simpsons p!ss-take :mrgreen:

A bloke going "number 9" with various orchestral and crowd samples playing backwards in the background... Rockin'.

I also saw the video for Benni Benassi's Satisfaction; great track, shame about the video... My brother-in-law had warned me about it though so I was prepared for this one. Girls in next to nothing playing with pneumatic drills and orbital sanders while their stats appear on the screen (the stats of the tools, not the girls - and by tools I DON'T mean what you're thinking of, you dirty boy).

Fascinating.

Music videos really are going downhill... Thank God for Madonna's Hollywood :mrgreen: And Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's Stop. And Waterboy's We Will Rock You. And Cool-T's something-or-other. But especially Madonna's Hollywood :mrgreen:

I think the best video for a tune i've ever seen is Tupac Shakur's "Changes". Such a great track anyway, but watching the clips just take you another inch further into what he stood up for and what was going thru his head. No, not the bullets

any1 heard the new starsailor or Dido albums, both quality, highly recommend the Dido album tho!!

loz said:
any1 heard the new starsailor or Dido albums, both quality, highly recommend the Dido album tho!!

Can't agree with ya more lozzer.............I've also recently 'acquired' Kill Bill Soundtrack, White Stripes Live in Boston and Strokes Live At the Wireless!!!! A++

BTW anyone with a taste for some Blues......check The Black Keys out!!!

i'm just shocked to see two proevo posts in one visit :shock:

Anyone listening to the Obie Trice album, thats pretty good with some cameo's from the usual suspects like Eminem and Dre.

I never knew "Sunglasses at Night" was a song from the 80s that was redone as a clubby song... I thought it was just a clubby song!!

All hail Grand Theft Auto: Vice City!!

Now if only KaZaA would come back... :(

I just wondered what everyone thought about downloading music. Living in england what do you think the chances are that i'll get sued for downloading music. With all these law suits flying around i deleted any file sharing program on my pc

I will be seeing Travis live in New York City on Tuesday 22 October, should be feckin tremendous!!!

Anyone got the "Jet" album, "Get Born"? I picked it up for £8.99. It's classic, simple rock a la Stones AC/DC etc. Some good short songs and riffs. Not terribly original, because a couple of times you'll say, "hang on, this is Iggy Pop, or this is The Kinks. But crank it, and the grooves flow. Good to strut down the street to, blaring from my iPod. A good Rock album.
ylsuper.gif
:mrgreen:

Anybody a fan of the Thrills?? Went with few mates to see them play at the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen, venue has a capacity of around 650 so it was a very intimate atmosphere, added to the whole thing. Great support bands 'The Dead 60's and Keane. All in all a very good gig.

Anyone else been lucky enough to catch The Thrills live this year?

Any Hip Hop heads on here???

New Obie Trice album is pretty decent, OutKast album is wicked,

Got 50cent playing in Manchester this week, gonna be alot of wannabe's and never gonna be's at that mofo, lol manchester police have said they will have undercover police at the gig cos they know gang members are gonna be there...

Im going cos there is no footy on plus we're touting that night so should make a killing, last time Eminem played here we sold enough tickets to take all the lads to Ayia Napa and Amsterdam 8)

Also next month Busta Rhymes and GangStarr are playing in the same week :D

Can anyone recommend any more songs like Metallica - Fuel? I saw this on Channel 4 the other night (well, morning), and it was so good.

Jack Bauer said:
Can anyone recommend any more songs like Metallica - Fuel? I saw this on Channel 4 the other night (well, morning), and it was so good.

i dissapear,dirty window,frantic or rather the whole st.anger is great IMO.just takes a while to really like it.

PS:kazza's still there.dont know whats wrong with yours but there's always bit torrent..

oh and man,check out the kill em all,ride the lightning,master of puppets,justice for all albums(metallica)classic stuff.and dont forget the misfits,danzig,the kinks,the doors etc.........

Thanks for that, they're bloody brilliant 8)

I've got KaZaA working again, I think they must have had like 5 minutes of downtime when I complained about it not working.

fedagent said:
I just wondered what everyone thought about downloading music. Living in england what do you think the chances are that i'll get sued for downloading music. With all these law suits flying around i deleted any file sharing program on my pc

Well they cant really catch you really, if they hack into your computer by tracing your IP, you can sue the government for invading your property. There are many groups trying to fight against organisations that have tracked people down.

I got a few albums last week:

Obie Trice - Cheers. A good first album, hopefully he can build on it and carry on in the biz

Dido - White Flag. Complete contrast to Obie with no swearing at all but a good chillout album

Limp Bizkit - Results may vary. And they do, Fred seems more calm and relaxed on some tracks from this album but it does flow very well

Well I think many people will ridicule me but I like the new Sugababes song, it's too effin catchy not to like. Come to think of it I liked another one of their songs, 'Round Round' or something, perhaps it was about Neil Lennon.

sugababes are good, ure rite about that one being catchy. The scouse girl aint bad lookin either

Got the new Iron Maiden album, aint bad at all. I also bought the Led Zepplin 2 cd The best songs remastered. Great cd.

The new limp bizkit album is kinda shit.....so instead i got meself the muddy banks of the wishkah album by nirvana....trully fantastic.

yeah the dizzee track is good, but his lyrics do remind me somewhat of 'fix up....'

Got the new Loon album today. Very good for a first try. i really like his flow. actaully i liked the aldum bettter then the new outkast and ludacris ablums. Outkast's album isnt bad but Luda's is mediocre to say the least. Also, TQ has a good album out and Da Band have an ok album out to.

Just got a new album by Stellastar, and on first impressions it's very good!!! :D

A hint of Pixies about them, but these guys are tipped for big things!!!!

You heard it here first...................!! 8) 8) 8)

PS, they have a touch of Talking Heads as well!!! ;)

Absolution by Muse is mighty good. Best album this month so far that I've bought ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom