Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't let the music topic die!

Went to see The Coral last night and they were feckin brilliant. Funniest bit was when James Skelly (lead singer) said "This one's called don't place your heart in careless hands, it's for John Barnes", referring to his only job in football so far, needless to say there were a large number of boos :D. Also, some twats kept throwing pints onstage, surprised they never walked off like some bands would have done, but they just got on with it and it was a brilliant gig. Right at the end the base player took his shirt off and started dancing, everyone was cheering even harder when THWACK! Pint in the chest! He loved it though :D.

A secret tip real music lovers...Friday the new Tom Barman will be released. Tom Barman is the key figure of Belgian finest band: dEUS.
The album is an double accoustic live registration of a series of club concert with piano player Van Nueten...
I've heard fragments of it: beautifull...

Just heard Lemar on Radio one this morning do a cover of @i beleive in a thing called love@ by the darkness. sounded so cool. Lemar's album looks good i think im gunna go buy it.

also G-Unit have got an album out... that came from noware

I love the Welcome to Poppy's album from the FLC.

Vulture Street from Powderfinger is allright, their previous album was much better though. Went to a gig of them. Was very good!!

Just bought the DVD Springsteen live in Barcelona. Amazing, best live artist alive!! period.

limp bizkit suck ass. i hate them so much :twisted:
i dont understand why people would like pop bands for because its just mass generated crap. they dont sing, they dont write there own songs and they dont play any musical instriment. its not even music.

now i have had my rant i will say sorry to all pop lovers out there.

purchesed NOFX cd called war on errorism which is amazing. also bought CKY vol 1 which is also amazing and lars and the bastards which is great

The last albums I've "bought" is A Perfect Circle: Thirteenth Step. This album was so-so.

Nueva Bossa Nova....hallf these songs are ok.

Lisa Ono: Bossa Carioca...smooth album.

Lately I've been downloading alot of Bill Evans. This guy is an amazing pianist.

Mart said:
Absolution by Muse is mighty good. Best album this month so far that I've bought ;).

Too, true, Mart.

I've listened to this album at least 40 times after I bought. It's bloody amazing.

I'm liking everything i hear by Electrique Boutique these days. Revelation and the mix they did of Love Shy were great stuff back in 'the day', but their latest offering Heal is brilliant.

Am loving "Million Miles Away From Home" by Silicon Brothers and Lazard. And for a bit of nostalgia, i've been listening to RajE and some Tomski :)

Hey all , Just thot id agree with a few guys a couple of posts back, Muse are something very special and worth a listen!
They are simply amazing

GOING TO SEE THEM ON TUESDAY AT THE SECC!!!!!

Snow Patrol are also a band I am really into

Milanista said:
Got the new Iron Maiden album, aint bad at all. .

Just saw them in Chicago from the 3rd row and they were incredible. Best heavy band ever in m opinion.

New album is actually disappointing in my opinion tho' my bro loves it and he is a Maiden hater. Go figure.

A pretty good hard rock band right now is Shinedown. SOund like Creed meets Alice In Chains meets Nickleback, but less moody (I hate Creed and nickleback, but htis album is solid). Their song Fly From Inside might be the catchiest radio rock song all year.

D-load and see for yourself.

Anyone know the Melvins? Their first album was produced by Kurt Cobain. They are one of Kurt's favorite bands. Pretty heavy but similar to Nirvana as Kurt plays in some songs.

ProEvo said:
Just a quick message..............new Blink 182, G Unit & Jay-Z all rollin!!!!! 8)

i was mulling over whether to get the new blink album, u just swayed me :)

Eye for an eye by Unkle, is a great track. You Poms might recall that it was on that brillant Nike rugby ad, where the game was taking place in the street.

On the topic of Blink182 the new album is not worth getting its pure crap, mcuh like Metallica's saint anger. If you like pop music get it but if you like real punk stick to listening to chesire cat.

Mars Volta are great!

Just got the Kurt Cobain book "Journals". Has his letters, song ideas, lyrics, album, and music videos etc. Very interesting. He seems to sketch ALOT and talks about his favorite songs and bands...as well as make fun of MTV.

THATTA BOY KURT! he was a man of creativity he was... need to get the journals!

-azn

Milanista said:
footieBalla said:
THATTA BOY KURT! he was a man of creativity he was... need to get the journals!

-azn

In other words fucked up.
im sorry, i dont quite understand what that means... kurt was f**ked up? or me?

-azn

but some of them are meaningful! we ll just hafta find the better ones...

anyway, people ought to have thought differently about his music 10-15 years ago

-azn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom