Master League Adventures and other ML stuff 2011!

Just started a Master League with Hercules.

Sold 'Rufete' to Club Brugge and brought in 'Arteta' from Everton, 'Aouate' from Real Mallorca, and 'Dani Guiza' from Fenerbahce :D

I've had a mixed start to the season though, played 9 won 4 drawn 0 lost 5

The last game I played was against Zaragoza away, I had 2 players sent off, and lost 4-1 :( doh!

Oh, and Arteta and Trezeguet got injured in that match as well, and are out for 2 weeks and 3 weeks, bah! :/

Anyone find that the loading times are a bit slow on the PS3?

I just realize this, it takes 96 weeks to train a skill card? 2 frickin' years???

:FAIL::FAIL::FAIL:

That's how long it would take with only one training 'block' assigned. You can reduce that to 16 weeks if you assign the max, 6 'blocks' to this skill card.

Edited the PES team to 'FC Kirkcaldy' and created my own stadium, started in D2 with the default group of players (minanda etc) started off with 20mil (surprised me but I dont mind rofl) and so far I've brought up 3 youngsters and brought in welbeck/thiago/ramsey on loan for a season... going well so far, in the league I've won 3 - drew 4 - lost 2 I believe. On top player aswell.

I had this one game against WE United and where I was winning 1-0 after a cracker of a goal by Shimizu (he's been a hero playing in SS so far) after WE United were on a 3 game win streak at the start of the season.. anyway they get a free kick pretty far out in the 86th minute, they loft a simple ball over the top that is getting to no one... but like a retard I run towards it with castolo and try control it... own goal in the 87th minute. I was heartbroken.

I also went out the FA Cup to Fulham in the first round via a 2-0 loss, but wasn't expecting to win lol.

I am loving it so far, can anyone recommend a good CF? preferably someone with good dribbling as so far schawrz isn't cutting it.

I think it was the way I played him, to be fair, glad to know someone else at least had success with him.

Looking forward to pairing him with Gyan thought this year!

They're doing a good job so far, and Healy scored a few as well. At first I thought Gyan was bad missing chance after chance, but 2 games ago it clicked for him and scored a hat-trick! That was the first time I score more than a goal per game :LOL: It ended up 4-2. Then he went scoring in the next game as well, plus an assist, not bad at all :)

Sad news has just come in though, Bardsley will be out 5-9 months. Out for the rest of the season then :CRY: Not sure what idiot did that to him during training.

EDIT: It's been decided, he's out for 30 weeks.

Managed to pick up Diaby, Wilshere, and Vela from Arsenal. Wenger's gone coocoo. Actually Kirlingham, my scout, is doing a good job getting those deals for me.

Last edited:
Yesterday evening i've set up a ML with Palermo.
I haven't been able to play any matches yet.
The squad is finally up to date after the DLC.

About Sunderland: maybe this will be the team for my next ML. I've been playing a league with them and i think they are great: Bent, Gyan, Cattermole (he's splendid, irl i don't like him, but in the game he's great), Henderson, El Mohhamadi....they have plenty of very good players...i've grown rather fond of them...

Yesterday evening i've set up a ML with Palermo.
I haven't been able to play any matches yet.
The squad is finally up to date after the DLC.

About Sunderland: maybe this will be the team for my next ML. I've been playing a league with them and i think they are great: Bent, Gyan, Cattermole (he's splendid, irl i don't like him, but in the game he's great), Henderson, El Mohhamadi....they have plenty of very good players...i've grown rather fond of them...

:LOL:

I've known Catts for years, he is actually a really nice lad, very genuine and down to earth, he just struggles to control his passion on the field. We went to Vegas in 2007, had an absolute ball. He won £45,000 at BlackJack in the Bellagio on the first night, and never batted an eyelid. :CONFUSE: Footballers are on waaaaaaay too much money to even begin to appreciate it's value.

Wabak, try Jeda the Brazilian, fantastic little player. :)

Last edited:
Wabak, try Jeda the Brazilian, fantastic little player. :)

Just bought him there, also signed Ricardo Fuller for around 800k so should be good on the striking front now. :D

A little update on how I'm doing atm, on a 5 game unbeaten run with 4 of those being wins, currently sitting in 4th place. My next game (just after the transfer window) is against FC Nortovka and they are currently above me by 1 point, this is pretty much a MUST win so hopefully the new boys do the job for me :) I lost the first game of the season against them 2-1 so I'm nervous.

Shimizu has been superb so far, top goal scorer in D2 with 8 goals, I wouldn't like to think where I'd be in the table without him haha.

:LOL:

I've known Catts for years, he is actually a really nice lad, very genuine and down to earth, he just struggles to control his passion on the field. We went to Vegas last week

No wonder he hasn't been focusing lately. Stop ruining my team captain :MAD:

Don't want you near him anymore :SHAKE:

Hi there, started yesterday a ML offline with West Ham, brought in Turnbull, Tiene, Guti, Grygera and Valeri(youth player) and released some poor players in the team.
Made 3 games so far, won the 3. First against Chelsea (3-1), second against Birmingham (1-0), and the third against Wigan (2-0). I'm playing in Top Player with 15 min. matches.

I'm getting good results but it seems that I'm being lucky so far, in the game vs Chelsea in the second half I could suffered at least 3 goals but the blues were quite poor in finishing some nice plays.

I'm getting a little bit worried if the game is too easy or is it just a good selection of players and balance of the team.

I really need to start an offline ML and BAL, but I just cant find the time with the MLO taking over my life. :CONFUSE:

I started a Copa Libertadores with Sao Paulo, I put myself in the qualifying play-off and lost the first game away 2-0 to Velez Sarsfield and they attacked me like crazy. I then played them at home in the return fixture and their tactics were totally different. They basically just sat back looking to hold onto their 2-0 advantage. I managed to win the game 3-0 and qualified for the tournament. Two goals in the last 15 minutes sealed it, and I swear when the winner hit the back of the net I was running around the front room with the T-shirt pulled over my head. It's the first time I have really played against the CPU in the full game, but what a match.

Last edited:
I'll probably be tempted to buy all the same players that I aquired in PES2010... I was unnaturally emotional towards that team :D

Pot calling the kettle black ha ha.
at least he played the game

No, you are mistaken, Pot calling kettle black is you calling me a troll yet your following me around the forum with this bullshit about me 'not playing the game'.

Also you keep running away and not replying when i show your assumption to be complete bull? So i would stop digging yourself into a hole!

Hi all,
I was wondering what formations people have been using with that loveable bunch of rogues known as the ML default players?

I started off with a 4-2-2-2 (2 DMFs and 2 AMFs) but have found that when playing teams with 3 centre backs the lack of width makes it very easy for the opposition defenders. Considering switching to a 4-2-3-1 to get a bit more width, though I lack any decent wide players at the moment, which pretty much rules out 4-3-3.
Has anyone had any joy using wing backs and 3CBs? A lot of the time I find my full backs pushing forward quite well.

Shimzu is wayyyy too good to be given to you when you start the game. Even his shooting which has greyed out stats is awesome, check it out

YouTube - Shimzu goals

I am training him for a 1 on 1 finish card at the moment, when he has that he will be even more deadly, 20 goals a season material plus assists to boot.
The guy is just simply awesome, I think Im gonna have to go all out Jimmy G Force style and make a epic tribute video.

As always on PES, I have to do a ML with Spurs first. Put Defoe, Assou-Ekotto, Jenas and a bunch of fringe players straight on the tranny list. Only Jenas ended up going, to Sunderland. Tears were not shed. Signed one player, a certain Abate from Milan.

In the league I've played 8 matches now (Top Player, 15 minutes, normal transfer activity, dynamic growth) and I'm 8th, as I've lost 3 games. Away at Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham! Had an absolute cracker of a home win against Arsenal. 0-0 after 60 minutes, then VDV had a special moment.
201010100023.jpg
After many failed attempts at taking down the Arsenal back line with just his own jinks and dinks, he felt the need for his Croatian associate, Ratboy Modric to arrive and form a formidable duo to help Pav up front on his own! Within 5 minutes, their combined play got a penalty from a Vermaelen hack (he got sent off) and the gates blew open, it ended 5-0!

Next game was away to FC Copenhagen in the CL, and at 1-1 and halfway through the second half my current favourite player in the game, Modric, scores this.
YouTube - Modric Vs FC Copenhagen (PES 2011)
I've played 3 games in the group stage now and won them all, the other games being a tight 1-0 win at AC Milan and a 2-1 win at home to Valencia. Milan hacked the fuck out of me, they had 4 yellow cards and Zambrotta got a straight red after 70 minutes.

Really, really bumming the pants off ML this year. Even though after one game I had Kranjcar injured in training, 8 months the wait for his return! Gomes, Modric and Defoe have all been out for a week each from training, and VDV out for 2 weeks from an injury in-match.

EDIT : Forgot to mention the scorer of my winner against Milan, after bringing him in for his debut in the last 10 minutes... yes, Abate :D

Last edited:
Got a impressive away MU vs Arsenal (me), Mid season, where i am confidently struggling to UEFA position. Last match, beat chelsea 1-0 at home.

Now Arshavin took it 1-0 in under 5 mins with blazing :CONFUSE:. ( i just like.. hmm is it gonna be that easy ?)

Vermalean makes an header save that turned into own goal :RANT:, although my new keeper foster tried to tip it out. 1-1

Halftime chamakh feinted vidic (iirc), and blazing low shoot into right corner from outside box.. bum.. 2-1

Thats when the story ended. after 2 good speculative strikes from Dejan Stankovic and Nani's finesse shoot.. i am happily to be beaten 4-2.. great match :SMUG:

No match can compare to this so far from 25 or something matches.. it just felt different...

There appears to be a bug, whereby if you play at a created stadium in ML, the game will be at night. The more created stadiums, the more night games there will be. i hope Konami can sort this out. i doubt they will though.

Edit: Scrap that, it's not a bug, as mentioned below i think they are just following the league fixture times (mostly evening), as i have just had a daytime match at home, in my created stadium.

Last edited:
Hmm thing is in this game the premierleague is the only league really which mot games are played in the day.

In Serie A and La Liga the average teams play in the day while the famous ones play at night.

France most teams play at night

Same in Holland It's about 65/35

So i would welcome a system which determines how many day and night games you get but again, not losing much sleep over it!

Guys can you change the difficulty during a ML? Seeing as an optionfile with Championship teams should be out any moment now I don't want to start at regular only for it to be too easy after half a season.

Guys can you change the difficulty during a ML? Seeing as an optionfile with Championship teams should be out any moment now I don't want to start at regular only for it to be too easy after half a season.

Ive not checked this year but you could in PES 2010. I changed from Top Player to Professional when I drew a Championship side in the F.A. Cup.

Go to your squad and click on any player and place them on transfer or loan list. Yes you train your squad by assigning focus points, plus picking a good coach, depending on your cash of course.

Any idea on how to earn any money in ML Online? I've only played 3 games, lost the first two, but won the third, still, have very little money. Can I sell some of the players I have? Or should I just play a bunch of quick games with all the average joes?

Any idea on how to earn any money in ML Online? I've only played 3 games, lost the first two, but won the third, still, have very little money. Can I sell some of the players I have? Or should I just play a bunch of quick games with all the average joes?

I released/sold all of my default players, then bought some cheap players for between £4000 - £9000 to make up the numbers, then spent the rest of my £7-8 million on a few decent players and some bargain buys. Competitions is where you earn your money.

Back
Top Bottom