Master League Adventures and other ML stuff 2011!

klashman69

Fight the Power!
28 November 2007
I Travel.
Might aswell get things underway since people have the game. Sincover's little story has really got me in the ML mode!

I'll post some impressions after a few more games, some little stories etc..

So this is the thread to post all you master league stuff, or just post your squad and tips for others :COOL:

Jimmy, where are you? :LOL:

Update: I ended up sacking the athletic trainer. His resume said he was a household name, but my neighbours had no idea who he was!

We placed 6th at the end of the season, but Ki Sung Yueng was placed on the dream team.

After some pressure from the owners, I bought 3 new players Tremoulinas, Leto and Cavani for about 3.5 mil each. We are looking to win the Europa League next season!

Here is Ki Sung after he scored 2 in the last game against Willem

vlc2010100309363320.jpg

Not much of a story, but it definitely brought a lot of emotion to the game for me.

I'm not doing amazingly on Top player with a match mode squad for Liverpool (better than we're doing in real life though). This one moment changed my season after wallowing mid-table. I'm 5th now and it all came about off the back of this game (the morale boost really helped team form too).

It's 1-nil away to Chelsea. I think, sod it, what have I got to lose. I go all out and score one on 87 minutes. Then in the 91st minute, somebody REALLY steps up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0z3qjW2nAw

I was out of my chair and bouncing (almost literally). I'm now 5th in April and was closely knocked out (on away goals) from the Europa League buy Juve.

Not much of a story, but it definitely brought a lot of emotion to the game for me.

I'm not doing amazingly on Top player with a match mode squad for Liverpool (better than we're doing in real life though). This one moment changed my season after wallowing mid-table. I'm 5th now and it all came about off the back of this game (the morale boost really helped team form too).

It's 1-nil away to Chelsea. I think, sod it, what have I got to lose. I go all out and score one on 87 minutes. Then in the 91st minute, somebody REALLY steps up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0z3qjW2nAw

I was out of my chair and bouncing (almost literally). I'm now 5th in April and was closely knocked out (on away goals) from the Europa League buy Juve.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. :)

I'm feeling the ML emotions boys, keep them coming. Only PES can produce this level of euphoria.

Love it, this game is pretty hard playing with Fyernoord. Won a evenly contested match vs AZ which i had a really poor first half, lucky to stay in it!

Like with sincover, my squad is very moody. I was basically handed Amauri to sign (ML gives you one signing to get you underway) and he's just been a big, fatheaded fool to be honest. He's miles better than Cisse, or Tommasson upfront but hardly setting the world alight.

One play who was starting to impress me Wijnaldum who had two brilliant games in which he scored great goals! then suddenly started to play like shit, and was turning up with purples :CONFUSE: I just assumed he was caught by his WAG with another girl!

Still i have high hopes for this man even though he must man up :) Just been comprehensively beaten by Ajax 2-0. They didn't just win, they dominated (barley had any of the ball) I had to constantly foul them to get near them at times. Had once decent shot but that was it! I'm liking this challenge even though I'm a bit concerned about the Ai not being aggressive enough in the tackles!

Also one thing i really like is teams parking the bus against me. Something which happened in PES 2010 but wasn't as effective as int his game! I need to work hard to break them down. Two realsitic highly dull 0-0 draws vs weaker teams who did this (i did hit he bar with fathead though :) )

Since I always use the default nobodies for ML I think I will make my own team this year, complete with a stadium. Does anyone know if you can set the goalnet color or does it happen automatically according to the kits? I loved the goalnet colors last year, although they had little to do with real life nets.

Oh and I will practically live in this thread once the game comes out.

They've got team history back in :D It wasn't in 2010.

Also as soon as I started ML, my scout, I think, recommended a player. That's new as well. They've certainly touched it up a bit. I like what they've done :)

Started one with West Ham. First match at home to Liverpool and lost 1 nil. Should have had a blatant penalty and they scored due to Rob Green being an idiot.
Second game at home against Man city finished 1-1. Scored early in the first half then they equalized around the 80 minute mark. Was quite pissed of as we bossed the match. Got Wolves away next and I'm hoping for 3 points.
I've bought I.Duric and got Stefan Jovetic on loan and I promoted an 81 rated defender from the youth team.
I have a feeling that I will have to battle relegation this season.

Started one with West Ham. First match at home to Liverpool and lost 1 nil. Should have had a blatant penalty and they scored due to Rob Green being an idiot.
Second game at home against Man city finished 1-1. Scored early in the first half then they equalized around the 80 minute mark. Was quite pissed of as we bossed the match. Got Wolves away next and I'm hoping for 3 points.
I've bought I.Duric and got Stefan Jovetic on loan and I promoted an 81 rated defender from the youth team.
I have a feeling that I will have to battle relegation this season.

If the kid you promoted is Palmeiri, then you will not be relegated. He is the reincarnation of Cannavaro's defensive spirit. I can't tell you how many times he saved my skin. I'm on my 2nd season now and he has already grown to *87.
Kid's so good, Juventus just offered me 10mil for him (he is worth a little over 1.5 mil) for a 4 year contract. I turned them down politely of course :))

If the kid you promoted is Palmeiri, then you will not be relegated. He is the reincarnation of Cannavaro's defensive spirit. I can't tell you how many times he saved my skin. I'm on my 2nd season now and he has already grown to *87.
Kid's so good, Juventus just offered me 10mil for him (he is worth a little over 1.5 mil) for a 4 year contract. I turned them down politely of course :))

Oh so Palmieri is on everyone's ML youth team? Hah, what would we call that? An easter egg? An "here's present for you so you can defend properly"?

Only teams with a high level Youth Academy get the 'Super-Kids' coming through. Level 4 and 5. If you start with a good team then your Youth Academy is usually at that level. I would be very suprised if it's the same name of player though.

Yep thats him
After I had picked up my first points of the season I had a trip away to Wolves. I had several absentees ( Upson due a 3 match supsension and Parker due to injury and few more due to bad arrows) so I had to bring in a few subs. I handed starts to Jovetic, Collison, Stanislas, Gabiddon and Dyer. Dyer justified his selection within 10 minutes as he scored the opening goal a tidy finish with his left foot. My lead was doubled 5 minutes before half time due to a defensive mix up at a corner with a Wolves defender getting the final touch. So I went in at half time 2-0 and in control.
Less than 5 minutes after the restart Wolves were back in it. Stephen Hunt was set through on goal and finished with a little dink over Rob Green. Wolves seemed to be bouyed by their goal and started to attack. I needed another goal and up steps Stevan Jovetić on his debut.
YouTube - Stevan Jovetić GOAL PES 2011
Money well spent indeed. That goal seemed to kill off the Wolves resistance and I got my first 3 points of the season and away from home aswell.

I have signed a certain from the youth team.His name is Palmieri and his progress has been extraordinary.
Proper world class CB he's become after 3 seasons

This will be my last season with PSV, I've accepted a position at a smaller club, but it's much closer to friends and family.

Here's PSV's season 2 lineup:

sincover2011season.jpg

I've strengthened PSV's attack tremendously while reinforcing key areas of defense.

Tremoulinas replaces Pieters in the back - He's a very adventurous young defender. Can put in the hard tackles when needed but isn't afraid to mix it up in attack either.

Leto and Cavani replace Haynes and Toivonen - I bought Haynes early on in season 1. He seemed like a steal at the time:$350000 for a *81 WF who could also play on both sides of the pitch. Boy was I wrong. He was ALWAYS in the shittiest of forms, and had the emotional fortitude of a school girl. After struggling with him for more than 7 months, I finally got rid of his ass (Lazio bought him for 2 mil). I will check up on him to see if he performs any better at his new club.
Leto is a BEAST on that left side. He is fast as shite and has decent ball control. A joy to watch when on the pitch. Cavani and Zarate are a force to be reckoned with up front. 6 goals between them from the last 3 matches (including a hat-trick by Zarate). Along with the marauding Ki Sung Yueng and Hamsik, this PSV side will pick apart then destroy any defense unfortunate enough to cross its path!

At least so I thought.

My first Europa League match I come up against this:

inter2011.jpg

WTF!!! How much money do these puffs have?!
They've bought Alves, Vanderbuud (19 yr old rated 95 Defender), Vela AND Ronaldinho?!?!

I saved and exited when I saw that. Still working up the courage to go and play the bastards. To compound matters, the first leg is in the fooking San Siro. Lord have mercy!

season2stars.jpg

Great post.I enjoyed reading.I should copy and paste the current Chelsea formation (they added Pique,Puyol,Schweinsteiger,C.Ronaldo to their team).

I thought Hamsik was an attacking midfielder? Did you and your coaches see something and decide to retrain him as a DM? How is he getting on there?

Hamsik naturally likes to play as a CMF, I've put him back there because of his high body balance and responsiveness. I have also set up a custom strategy that pulls Ki Sung back to DMF and pushes Hamsik up right behind the strike pair (which I usually employ when I really need a goal). His high stamina and excellent form means that he is often up for the task.

good spot mate! what a chump.

This is what Bully said on arrival at the training ground..

"Mick, you're a liar... you're a f*cking w*nker. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a master league manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a f*cking w*nker and you can stick Wolves up your *rse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you were the manager of my boyhood club! You can stick it up your b*llocks."

started one with atletico.

signed so far hitzelsperger and d'alessandro + owen from united. first 2 are now regular starters while owen is my super-sub, having scored on like 4 occasions where i exchanged forlan for him. great addition and reasonable price. ;)

my start to la liga was pretty meh, losing away to both real (0:1) and barca (0:2). won at home against mallorca, drew sevilla. room for improvement there!

the spanish cup has been a blow this season, i won the first leg against malaga 1:0 (goal by agüero), lost the second 0:1 and conceeded another in extra time. i really wanted to lift that trophy!

after 2 or 3 match days there was the super cup against inter which has been my brightest moment so far - a 2:1 with 2 fantastic agüero goals, 2 brilliant chips against the allmighty inter - milito scored for them, but too late, i got that one! brilliant feeling actually seeing what your team is capable of after weeks of underperfoming in the league. should give me some boost.

my Europa League group is looking like this:

-Dinamo Bucuresti
-Manchester City
-Random Konami League Team i forgot the name of ;)

played one match so far away at dinamo, got a 1:1 there. reasonable result, i guess i will have to beat them at home, at least draw city twice and get the rest of the points from the konami team in order to proceed.

the mission clearly is to retain the title. and i'm hoping for a possible CL-qualification from la liga.

ML is brilliant as always.

To update my current season (following on from Reina's heroics).
I've 2 games left to play, I've just beaten Man Utd 3-1 with my second team (cracking goal from Pacheco) thanks to internationals before the game. I've got Chelsea reverse fixture and Stoke left to play. Big turn around since the last Chelsea game, but a second international between the Man Utd and Chelsea game means I've no idea who I'll be fielding yet.

pes20112010-10-0419-05-42-70.jpg

I'll let you know how the season ends.

Not a bad looking table there either. How come Tottenham are in capital letters along with Man Utd?

I guess that's just how Konami typed in the licensed sides

Can you edit the team names to normal or are they locked like that?

Back
Top Bottom