Master League Adventures and other ML stuff 2011!

As an aside, you can't edit the names of the licensed teams in game. I prefer the team names in proper English, hence the small lettering.

This is what my coach has to say before the big Chelsea game.

pes20112010-10-0419-16-41-64.jpg

I think he meant the Champions League Group stage (rather than qualifying) but the sentiment was nice.

I noticed they seemed to be lining up a pretty strong squad after the internationals. Hopefully that meant my player weren't badly affected either.

pes20112010-10-0419-18-41-21.jpg

Pretty happy with that on the whole, usually most of my first team are on 2/3 fitness after the internationals. Although I am missing my 2 first choice CB's and the match winner from the reverse fixture (Reina was dead tired). Annoying since in real life he rarely plays for Spain.

Anyway to skip to the chase, it was a torrid affair and Chelsea were all over me (2 clearances off the line). Palmieri scored for me off a set piece and Drogba came off the bench to score a header late on that I doubt Reina would've stopped if he was playing.

I managed to beat Stoke though, so the final table is as such.

pes20112010-10-0419-54-12-72.jpg

Got Champions League football!

Also a nice bonus that Reina and Maxi got into the EPL team of the year.

pes20112010-10-0419-55-06-76.jpg

Although I actually played Maxi just behind Torres instead of out wide. He was outstanding for me.

Another nice little note, I got a couple of sponsors for next season for Reina and Maxi. The both have minimum and maximum appearance targets, fail to hit the minimum and I lose the sponsorship, hit the max and I get a juicy bonus.

I'll probably want the bonus too, I've re-jigged the squad big time and had to release Kuyt in order to clear his wages and hit a positive predicted balance for August (or from the sounds of it, my players got sold without me.

To end this lengthy post, here's my new squad. You can guess who was the player I spent too much money on (over £12m). Mostly it was cutting ageing or players who's stats were dropping fast, bringing in youngsters and a couple of stars.

pes20112010-10-0422-34-04-14.jpg

Time to play my first game of season 2, wish me luck.

Love the stories, keep them coming mate :)

No Pacheco instead of Maxi though?

Love the stories, keep them coming mate :)

No Pacheco instead of Maxi though?

He's getting their fast, Maxi's stats have shot up, but he's gonna soon decline and Dani will step in nicely. He did play brilliantly when he came in against Man Utd.

Anyone using the default ML squad?
It's pretty tough going at first but I'm really getting into it now and love the need to fight for every point.

It's pretty tough going at first but I'm really getting into it now and love the need to fight for every point.

After the first 2-3 years/pro evos of starting with default players, for the last 5 or so years/pro evos I just don't have the time or patience to do so anymore, going for starting with the established team.

So Master League Online (starting with the default players) is gonna be a bit of a shock for me at first.

He's getting their fast, Maxi's stats have shot up, but he's gonna soon decline and Dani will step in nicely. He did play brilliantly when he came in against Man Utd.

Surely Maxi's stats should be degrading as soon as you start, due to his age?

I am indeed.
It's really tough specially in the first 2 seasons with shit players,low budget and important numbers of players retiring at the end of each season.
My biggest solution is "loans", I have acquired okish/good players through loans and this has helped me immensely now that I took PES United in the PL.

I am indeed.
It's really tough specially in the first 2 seasons with shit players,low budget and important numbers of players retiring at the end of each season.
My biggest solution is "loans", I have acquired okish/good players through loans and this has helped me immensely now that I took PES United in the PL.

I like your style Kouroux, you have took the hard and rewarding option. Not sure about PES Utd though ? :CONFUSE:

DYNAMIC or NORMAL ?!WTF?!?

:SHOCK: Nobody seems to know the difference in ML,anyone figure out the difference in in choosing dynamic player development curve or normal?????

Last edited:
Re: DYNAMIC or NORMAL ?!WTF?!?

konami urgently needs to fix the running shooting and movement some shot are bizerk gamespeed is always a wtf in my head

Will give my story about my Juve ML tonight, can't remember too much of it.

Basically I started with Juve and default players. After being disgusted at the age of the squad in general, I desperately needed to bring some younger players in.

And you can't get much younger than your youth team, which had some real talent and a lot were rated higher than my first team! Palmieri was rated at 81, easily my best player in the whole squad, as well as a few other players. I also spotted I had an AMF named Shimizu, rated at 71 or so but had stats in the 80's and about 6 player cards! :SHOCK:

Scouring the transfer market, the board already agreed a deal with a RB named Hengbert(?) who's decent. I've also brought in Diarra from Madrid, as well as Owen and Gibson from Man Utd.

Not overly impressed with the Utd signings, Gibson was on a purple arrow as soon as he arrived :BRICK: and Owen was already half fatigued somehow! :SHOCK:

Results have been pretty good considering, something like W2 D1 L1 maybe? I'll check tonight.

Diarra has been a BOSS in midfield, just standing out so much compared to anyone else and has been a real general for my team. Always there to break up the play, always there in space to receive the pass and there to help with attacking duties. Want an example of the last bit?

YouTube - video-2010-10-05-22-46-51

Very happy with my team so far and feel like I might actually qualify for Europe :)

Will give my story about my Juve ML tonight, can't remember too much of it.

Basically I started with Juve and default players. After being disgusted at the age of the squad in general, I desperately needed to bring some younger players in.

And you can't get much younger than your youth team, which had some real talent and a lot were rated higher than my first team! Palmieri was rated at 81, easily my best player in the whole squad, as well as a few other players. I also spotted I had an AMF named Shimizu, rated at 71 or so but had stats in the 80's and about 6 player cards! :SHOCK:

Scouring the transfer market, the board already agreed a deal with a RB named Hengbert(?) who's decent. I've also brought in Diarra from Madrid, as well as Owen and Gibson from Man Utd.

Not overly impressed with the Utd signings, Gibson was on a purple arrow as soon as he arrived :BRICK: and Owen was already half fatigued somehow! :SHOCK:

Results have been pretty good considering, something like W2 D1 L1 maybe? I'll check tonight.

Diarra has been a BOSS in midfield, just standing out so much compared to anyone else and has been a real general for my team. Always there to break up the play, always there in space to receive the pass and there to help with attacking duties. Want an example of the last bit?

YouTube - video-2010-10-05-22-46-51

Very happy with my team so far and feel like I might actually qualify for Europe :)

Sounds like Diarra is another Fellaini in there Dags, you need players like that in PES, the real ball-winning grafters. Keep the stories coming, I love these. :)

Actually, I just tried out the game on the PC while waiting for my UK copy to be dispatched by Amazon, and wanted to check how the ML was. I loved the fact that I can play with the nobodies again (I think in 2010 they forced you to play with the match mode teams, right?), so I'm sold on the mode right from the start.

Second thing I did was promote EVERYONE from the youth team to the first team before the first match happened, since most of them are 60-70s average, and can easily compete for a place with the default players. Sadly you can only promote two at a time, but I managed to get a great team of nobodies and newly created youth players, which will also be new for me.

I'm sad to hear that Espinas will retire at the end of the first season... After Vorlander, Kelsen and Cellini, now Espinas - the guy who had the Middle Shooting star in the earlier PESs... We will miss you. I'll make sure you raise a cup at the end of the season, and go out in style :)

I can't wait for the game to arrive so I can dive into the ML again! :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Pfff, no room for sentiment, I put them straight on the transfer list :LOL:

Does it work for you?

I had to release many of them, since I'm only allowed to have a maximum of 32 players in the squad... So the release route it is.

Regards, and keep up your stories!

Paulo Tavares

Nah, nobody bought them but that's understandable due to their age. Free'd a few of them off but kept half of them around as backup. Also promoted about 5 of the youth players :)

I'm sad to hear that Espinas will retire at the end of the first season... After Vorlander, Kelsen and Cellini, now Espinas - the guy who had the Middle Shooting star in the earlier PESs... We will miss you. I'll make sure you raise a cup at the end of the season, and go out in style :)

In the first PES, I started as West Ham and Espinas was an absolute beast for me, I remember waching Match of the Day a few times before I realised he didn't actually play for West Ham.

He's a legend.

they really fucked up the transfer in ML, didn't they? you could buy ozil for 5 Millions!

In mine, Bayern brought Kaka and Xavi for 12 million and 7 million respectively, I'm not sure what's happened it was perfect in 2010! No idea why the transfers fees are so small :CONFUSE:

In PES 2010 i remember paying 30 million for Arron Lennon!

Couldn't wait any longer for a 360 OF so just dived into a ML, went with the Spanish league as there's plenty of licensed teams in it.

Started in D2 with the originals. I've shoved a load of the 'Other European' Teams into D2 beforehand, there's a good mix of skilled and not skilled clubs in there.

Decided not to sign any outsiders until I knew the weaknesses of the squad, so instead promoted Shimizu and Oscar from the Youth Academy.

First match I threw Shimizu straight in the line-up and immediately realised he'd be one of the better players. 2 minutes in with his first touch of the ball he weaved in from outwide, cut into the centre and stabbed a deft through ball to Gutierrez who couldn't get it over the keeper. From then on it was quite nervy, about midway through the half I pumped a long opportunist ball over the top of defence. Castolo didn't have quite the pace to get there first, but after a defensive cock up he nipped in, knocked it past the last defender and slide it home. There after I controlled the game only for my RB to recklessly hack down their man, which resulted in both a red card and a goal from the subsequent freekick.

With 10 men I went into panic mode, spent the entire 2nd half hacking away the ball again and again from Braga attacks. Ivorov was pulling off double and triples saves like they were nothing. Unfortunately with a tiring team who couldn't string together 2 passes at this point, Braga took the lead in 80th minute. We went all out for the equaliser in the last 10, I squeeled like a girl when the ball dropped to Minanda, who managed to loop it over the goal from 5 yards out (In my excitement I realised I'd held L1 :CONFUSE:)

But yeah, loving it so far. Ruskin is a beast bombing forward from deep, Castolo plays like a man with far better stats.

Just embarked on my second game, away at Helsinki. Debutant Hamsun has already bagged two goals only 20 minutes in, a thumping volley 6 yards out from a corner and a bullet header.

So glad PES is back :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom