Master League Adventures and other ML stuff 2011!

I do a very similar thing, but I enjoy the challenge of taking a raw player from my own academy and raising him into the sort of stars that can be bought for £30million, there's just an air of achievement when I take a player such as Shimizu at 18 and see him turn 20 and have him be one of the £30million superstars, and have a team like Manchester United gunning for my talent, its just a fantastic feeling! :)

I dont spend a lot of money for my academy. When i spend 10millions for the academy the only players how i sing up was Palmieri and Kim Jon Yeul, so know i spend only 50.000 every year and the players have an overall about 40-65.

Well some players have low overalls, but they have similarities to current stars, for example I got Ze Kalanga, a 60 overall 17 year old, who my scout said could be just as good as Camorenasi so I am making it my goal to make sure he hits that potential, same with Deeb a Syrian CB who is said to be similar to R.Carvalho I see it as a challenge to make them fulfill their potential

I tried to do a similar thing with Assuncao. I got then when he had 56 overall because i had not a lot of players in my team. When he became 25 years old his overall was 73 and i sold it for 10-15 millions i think.

I love the youth team idea but there's a big problem with it, unless it's an option that I accidentally didn't switch off before I started, but after one season most of my youth players coming through are re-cycled famous players who have started over from 16 years old. My youth team now has a teenage Thierry Henry!

I don't really want to sign him because it ruins the realism, I mean I know it IS Henry, I'd prefer players to be randomly generated and unknown. Having Henry in the youth team completely dispels that realism, so I'm not signing him which is also a waste!

If I get a regen like Henry, I sign them up.. Then pretend its their son so I don't feel like I'm ruining the game for myself!
But I do try and stay away from regens as much as possible, to get a great team you will need to start buying them..
Its really pot luck as to wether you get a regen or a new youth player, but I have had two youth next star players and no regens so far! Happy days!

Its really pot luck as to wether you get a regen or a new youth player, but I have had two youth next star players and no regens so far! Happy days!

Heh, sorry guys, PES doesn't have a concept of random youth regens, such as FM. Option file is not dynamic, so new players cannot be added on the fly. Also, only players that do exist in option file can appear in ML.

There are only two types of players are available from youth academy - either pre-made (NOT random and VERY limited in number) fake players or regens.

1. Konami's fake pre-made ML players:
a) ML Default players (a.k.a. Castolo and friends)

b) ML youth players - fakes, a.k.a. Kaiser and friends - Palmieri, Shimitzu, Schmidt, Schwarz, etc. being some of those friends. They all (there are about 200+ such players in OF) used to pop up randomly as teenagers in ML back in PS2 era and in PES 2008 and 2009, but only very, very small subset is available in ML since 2010 (maybe 10 or 20 of them)

2. Regens:
a) Retired players during seasons - obvious regens

b) Players that were released from teams and then nobody signed them for one entire season = 'recycled' players, or better to say - regens, since they will re-appear at the age of 20-ish max.

c) All the other players that do not play for a club in one of ML leagues (6 leagues + D2 + Others Europe + Others LA) - either free agents in OF or players that play for national teams only (a lot of NT members that play in Bundesliga, for instance). They are also 'recycled' at the beginning and then gradually appear as teenage regens.

Proportion between 1. (pre-made fakes) and 2. (regens) is very, very much in favor of regens.

Simple math: there are 8000+ players in original OF. There are 180 teams (give or take a few) available in ML. If the average team has, lets say, 27 players, that gives only about 4800 active players at the beginning of the first ML season. Where are remaining 3000+ players? Future regens, all of them.

I dont like to get players from my youth team because they usually have low overall.I prefer to get young players from other teams who have 80-90 overall for 10-15millions.With this way you always have young, cheap and very good players.When they grow up and become 28-30 years old i sell then fro 30-60millions.So is a good way to get money and buy better players.

Ah balls, I looked at my youth list for this season and nearly every single one is a regen. Henry, Deco, David James, Forsell and more :( Really don't want to sign them. Hopefully some of the game's made up players will make an appearance next season, though I'm not sure anyone is better than the initial youth players you get like Palmieri, Schmidt, Schwarz and Shimizu.

Well to be fair I already have these four, plus Fatecha, and have signed players aged 20 and under such as Santon, Perin, Miljevic, so that's a LOT of very young players. Probably enough to be getting on with for a good few seasons, with some more experienced players complimenting them.

I've started season 2, three games in and three comfortable wins. Perin has been amazing, the tables have somewhat been turned at the beginning of the season where I'm scoring some goals from AI mistakes (the AI keeper did a terrible kick from a pass back and presented Schwarz with an open goal, then a defender mis-kicked right in front of his own goal line and Modric volleyed home his first for his new club), and Perin at the other end has pulled off some stunning saves. At 17 and just £1m he's a brilliant buy, rated at 82 already.

I'm almost completely out of money now, so I'll have to build that up, but in exchange I have a really young developing team and built up my coaches to the top level, so now the basis is there to build the club up ;)

He, he, i feel your pain :)

Look at my harvest (lvl4 youth academy)
-2nd season: Henry, Pokrivac (randomized stats, next Xabi Alonso), Hyppia, Inkoom, Mantorras
-3rd season: Kilbane (random stats, to good to be real Kilbane at the age of 20), Sarpei

I'm in my 3rd year now and sit second in league already..
Just about to kick off europa league, let's hope Schwarz is a European quality striker!

Schwarz failed miserably!
And a Gourcuff free-kick gave Atlectino Madrid a 1-0 lead
But a rather mesmorising dribble from Shimizu ended with him blasting the ball in the bottom left corner started a mini goal rush
And Paloschi hit a 17 minute hatrick between 54th and 71st minutes to give Crystal Palace a 4-1 win!

Do you guys play all the games or sim them...or perhaps a combination of both?

I'm a few games into the 2nd season of my Master League and concurrently playing BAL mode. I did try the Copa Libertadores and Champions League mode a while back but I don't wanna be bogged down for too long and not have finished a decent ML campaign before PES 2012.

I don't want to play 5 minute games to speed it up as they're just not useful at all so I was thinking of simming some matches for now (maybe every 2nd game?)

I love the youth team idea but there's a big problem with it, unless it's an option that I accidentally didn't switch off before I started, but after one season most of my youth players coming through are re-cycled famous players who have started over from 16 years old. My youth team now has a teenage Thierry Henry!

I don't really want to sign him because it ruins the realism, I mean I know it IS Henry, I'd prefer players to be randomly generated and unknown. Having Henry in the youth team completely dispels that realism, so I'm not signing him which is also a waste!

Before you start a campaign, can you transfer these regen players into a real club and then start with that real club instead of Castolo and co? Hence beginning with a team of ex great players, but from when they were teenagers?

CalcioCalabrese- I have played every game so far in this ML, but in my previous ones what I would do is, play the games who were similar strength and anything could happen, but sim the games with teams who are much better or much worse than mine as I can't be bothered to play a game where the result is pretty much the same simming as playing, normally you will play 24-28 games and sim 10-14 I did this playing 5minute games and got through at least half a season a day and sometimes a full season, so I guess with 10minute games, if you did the reverse of the above and play the fewer games and sim more, you could fly through your ML years.

Also- I think you can only start with those players but when they're in their 30's, so basically having a star team of ex stars

Last edited:
Do you guys play all the games or sim them...or perhaps a combination of both?

I'm a few games into the 2nd season of my Master League and concurrently playing BAL mode. I did try the Copa Libertadores and Champions League mode a while back but I don't wanna be bogged down for too long and not have finished a decent ML campaign before PES 2012.

I don't want to play 5 minute games to speed it up as they're just not useful at all so I was thinking of simming some matches for now (maybe every 2nd game?)

I dont play every match.I play only against Arsenal,Man utd,Liverpool,Chelsea,Barca,Real etc. Also when you play a lot of yeats in ML there will be other big teams. For example in my ML(season 2029-2030) the big teams are Wigan, Liverpool, Fulham, Everton, Arsenal and Blackburn.Chelsea now plays in Npower Championship and Man utd finishes in positions 6-10.

Before you start a campaign, can you transfer these regen players into a real club and then start with that real club instead of Castolo and co? Hence beginning with a team of ex great players, but from when they were teenagers?

I'm afraid I don't think you can do that, though I may be wrong. As far as I'm aware the regen players technically don't exist as teenagers until the original, older version of that player has retired in ML. You could transfer those older players into your team and start with the original club players rather than the ML defaults, but then the older players would simply retire and leave your club, leaving you to have to wait until they randomly re-appeared in your youth set up. The younger version of the older players don't exist in the game aside from ML, a bit like the ML default players like Minanda, Schwarz etc can only be used in ML.

As for simming, I play all my matches. That said, the only occasion that I would ever sim a match was in my first season, where Marseille automatically start out in the Champions League. I didn't want to play in this yet, I'd rather earn a place later in the ML campaign, so rather than playing these matches I just simmed them in the knowledge I wouldn't last very long against the best teams with my default ML line up, so I basically wanted to be knocked out of the competition ASAP. It worked, I lost the simmed matches, got a tiny bit of prize money and then qualified for the Europa League on my own through my league position. Hopefully this season I'll actually qualify for the CL myself and can get on with playing it properly.

Well I must confess... I put the cheats on (max money and whatever else there was), started as Chelsea, bought everyone I wanted such as Gourcuff, Fabregas, Aguero, Pato, Messi, Ronaldo, Silva etc. Top player 10 min games, I've lost 2 games in 3 seasons and my league average for goals per game this season is almost 5 goals a match (only let in 2 goals in 19 league games), with my avg poss probably around 67%. Absolutely no challenge to it at all but I've done the start with nothing and build them up route many times before and quite frankly, couldn't be bothered this year. I just enjoy passing the tits off the other team and scoring beautiful goals.

Gourcuff = Amazing, 19 goals in 20 apps this season from CMF (Muah). Definitely get him if you can, the guy is like the 'perfect' midfielder.

On another note, does anyone think investing in the youth system is actually worth it given the regen player issue? I don't want to pump more money into my youth set up if all I'm going to get are 99% regen players just with higher starting stats than if I was putting less money into the youth system?

At a guess, the youth team level probably works on a basic level - if a youth player comes through, and you're on youth team level 1, his stats might start off at, say, 40. But if the same player comes through when your youth team is at level 5, his starting stats might be, say, 60-70. I'm only guessing, but like I already asked, if this is what the youth team level actually does, then I don't see much point in investing more money to increase it to level 5 if it's just going to improve those regen players who I don't intend to use in the first place. It would be a waste of money.

LTFC, its probably worth investing the money, and waiting until you get the players you want!
Just use my technique, it aint a regen, its their son, ready and willing to play for your club ;)

On another note, does anyone think investing in the youth system is actually worth it given the regen player issue? I don't want to pump more money into my youth set up if all I'm going to get are 99% regen players just with higher starting stats than if I was putting less money into the youth system?

At a guess, the youth team level probably works on a basic level - if a youth player comes through, and you're on youth team level 1, his stats might start off at, say, 40. But if the same player comes through when your youth team is at level 5, his starting stats might be, say, 60-70. I'm only guessing, but like I already asked, if this is what the youth team level actually does, then I don't see much point in investing more money to increase it to level 5 if it's just going to improve those regen players who I don't intend to use in the first place. It would be a waste of money.

Not sure if it still works, but in pes2010 my policy was 100% youth team in my squad. But I used to sign all the youth players (good or not) each season and then get rid of all the crap ones, leaving my youth team with 0 players in it. Then once the new season starts or a season ends (whenever the new players come in), you get 10 new youth players each season. 1-2 are usually decent enough to join the squad.

Okay, so I'm debating here for my next two signings I need a CF to provide cover and a LMF, I have the choice of Regens Tello and Luis Fabiano or any other players, I don't want to sign regens but it looks like they will be the only cheap up and coming players! What should I do, break my rules of no regens, or sign these two and that be all?

I only sign regens when I didn't actualli know the player (D. Jarolim, ?)
that works for me :)

Sonoman- does that mean signing Tello is acceptable? And Luis Fabiano isn't technically a regen, as he hadn't played for a club before in ML is that acceptable?

Sonoman- does that mean signing Tello is acceptable? And Luis Fabiano isn't technically a regen, as he hadn't played for a club before in ML is that acceptable?

haha your decision mate

Spain have the best bunch of SMF in this game: Capel, Silva, Mata, Cazorla, Pablo, Navas. There's also Wilshere, Nani, Gio dos Santos, Bale, Delgado, Giovinco (one of my favorite). I don't know who of they are left-footed but this make difference to you?

I guess you just make a decision either way, whether regens are the rout you want to go down or not. I don't want to for the sake of realism, but I'm sure signing regens like Henry would ensure you wind up having an amazing team. Henry also didn't play for any other team in ML, I think he's only in PES at all now because they still included him in the France squad, as he now plays for New York.

So it'll be either realism or getting a top rated team......choices!

I'm enjoying ML so much, I've just beaten Spurs away in my first Europa League match 3-1, then gave away a two goal lead away at Lyon to draw 2-2 and almost lost it too, then I came back to the Europa League and smashed Napoli 5-0. Schwarz is an absolute goal machine :)

Perin, too, is amazing. He's kept me level on so many occasions already and the game is bizarrely playing differently to the first season. Whereas before most matches involved me wasting loads of chances, or being ridiculously unlucky with ricochets, amazing keeper saves etc, then seeing the AI score with their only shot of the game, this season is so different.

I've got a few results having spent most of the game under pressure, Perin's pulled off some great saves, I've cleared shots off the line, all sorts, then gone up the other end and capitalised on AI errors, which I'd never seen until this season. It's great, sometimes I hammer a team, sometimes struggle to win, others I am second best and scrap an underserved win or draw. I've yet to lose though this season, though thanks to Perin I would have done if I'd had my other keepers in goal.

Oh, and Modric. What a player he is in this game. Three goals already, he plays sitting behind the front two and between my attacking wingers, and his touch, passing, dribbling, is just amazing. You can pass the ball to him and be sure that he'll not give it away unless you do something silly with him. Awesome. It's rare to see a football game that has the depth to make players like Modric more apparent and more useful. Older games used to be about who was fast, strong, and could finish, but now players like Modric can offer a far more technical ability that really benefits your team despite the fact that he's neither strong, fast, or known for his shooting :)

Last edited:
I guess you just make a decision either way, whether regens are the rout you want to go down or not. I don't want to for the sake of realism, but I'm sure signing regens like Henry would ensure you wind up having an amazing team. Henry also didn't play for any other team in ML, I think he's only in PES at all now because they still included him in the France squad, as he now plays for New York.

In a long-term, this way gets a little annoying. think how many good players who are now 30+ will be regen.

I decided to work by the formula that 1/3 of my overall squad can be regen and the rest have to be other players or youth team so at any one time if I fill my 32 man quota 10 can be regens.. I normally only have a 25 man squad (2 in each potion and 1 who can cover all over one general area) so this would allow me.. 8 regens?
Though I'm thinking of restricting how many can be named in my 18 man match squad, maybe only 1/3 of my match squad, so 6 regens? This could be an interesting addition to my ML!

well, for my like Tello would be acceptable.. since i have no idea who that guy is! LOL
I wouldn't like a 16y/o Luis Fabiano/Veron/Kilbane/etc on my team..
I guess it's just a matter of choice.. having known superstar players as regens spoils the fun for me

Right so I've gone for a strict ruling of:
1) 1/3 of my squad is allowed to be regens
2) only 1/3 of my match squad
3) Rule 2 has flexibilty in the case of purple form or injuries
4) At least 2 regens have to be under 23 at any one time, and 1 of them must feature in my match squad in all games (flexible in case of injuries to both players)
5) Superstar regens (eg C.Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney style players) must be approved by the board (that's you guys on here) before taking place
6) English regens MUST take priority (applies to youth team) in the case of a youth regen from my own team is English, he must be signed in the place of a current regen. This rule carries NO flexibilty.

How do they sound?
Open to change/adding of rules

Also Rule 5 is facing a challenge as Kilbane was mentioned as being a true star, I can sign him now as a 17 year old left midfielder for just £720k, it looks a brilliant deal, what do you think? Scrap that the superstar rule will only apply to overall 80 and over as Kilbane is only 70 the deal is sanctioned!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom