Lost - Season 4 - Spoilers in Tags only please

exactly. why post that tim lol. seriously though should mods act like this in forums? you guys are suppose to set an example that we follow. if a none mod was to troll and say that, his chances of getting banned will be likely but if its a mod, its ok lol sort it out tim and co. set a good example lads

So what if he thinks it's shit? Does it invalidate the fact that we like it? Of course not, there's plenty of TV shows I think are shit but it doesn't mean it's wrong to like them (well except wrestling if you're older than 12, that's just wrong) :)

exactly. why post that tim lol. seriously though should mods act like this in forums? you guys are suppose to set an example that we follow. if a none mod was to troll and say that, his chances of getting banned will be likely but if its a mod, its ok lol sort it out tim and co. set a good example lads
Fuckin hell guys, it's only a joke! Hence the ;)). And as Placebo says, this is a forum and everyone has their own opinions!

Ah yea, I know yours was mate. I think it was jonney who took it a bit too seriously :LOL:

Jonney really did lose his sense of humour this past week didn't he!

Dammit, I always fall for that. :(

Looking back, where do you think next season will be focused?

I mean I'm betting, since they probably can't use any more flashforwards, next season will be the six trying to get back, and seeing flashbacks of the other dudes in the island during the 3 year time period since the six left ht island.

...yes, plus
the story of the island in the same year too. It can be possible.

Last edited:
Ah yea, I know yours was mate. I think it was jonney who took it a bit too seriously :LOL:
lol no i was kidding too :DD:DD damm you is easy to fool hehe. i wouldn't even bothered with a response if it wasnt for that raven guy LOL

Shame on Jonney, for not reading "The Official Guide To Web Sarcasm Etiquette". Maybe the Winks quota for the board was full for the month of May? I know who overused their allowance too! *looks at Tim*

EDIT: :)

Last edited:
Oh right, I think Tim clearly knows I was joking with him though :) The fact we just put a few words but you typed a fair bit out, as well as saying "seriously" leads people to think you weren't joking I guess ;))

Best bit of TV i have ever seen i think

we got answers, more questions and a big fucking shock at the end

Wowsers! Due to my Sky dish being misaligned by 0.000001mm or something stupid, we get no channels at the moment (till they come fix tomorrowz).... annnnnway.

Managed to get hold of Lost in the usual slight-of-hand methods...

In the words of Clay Davis

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

What an episode(s). Superb. Some things on Locke.

1) Wasnt he adopted? Jeremy Bentham could be his original/adopted name - I cannot remember if his mum was a Locke?

2) This is from the GF - Is it even 'Locke' - could be a twin? Would Lost 'jump the shark' if it was a twin?

3) Also from the GF - Is Ben 'dead'. She said he locked just like Charlie, very clean, dressed all in black etc. Possible that perhaps not dead, but out of the normal time/space loop so cannot be seen by anyone else except the O6?

4) I hated the Penny finding them. I thought that was stretching things too far, even for Lost.

5) Anyone think it was significant the pause when Jack met Penny. When she had the monitoring station set up, there was someone who was either Jack, or a dead spit of him. I was expecting one of them to go 'I know' when they were introduced.

6) Are we to assume that Kate WILL go back as she apologised to Aaron when Claire visited her and said not to 'take bring him back'.

7) Anyone else completely and utterly fucking LOST?! :LOL:

Great show - hurry back!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

What an episode(s). Superb. Some things on Locke.

1) Wasnt he adopted? Jeremy Bentham could be his original/adopted name - I cannot remember if his mum was a Locke?

2) This is from the GF - Is it even 'Locke' - could be a twin? Would Lost 'jump the shark' if it was a twin?

3) Also from the GF - Is Ben 'dead'. She said he locked just like Charlie, very clean, dressed all in black etc. Possible that perhaps not dead, but out of the normal time/space loop so cannot be seen by anyone else except the O6?

4) I hated the Penny finding them. I thought that was stretching things too far, even for Lost.

5) Anyone think it was significant the pause when Jack met Penny. When she had the monitoring station set up, there was someone who was either Jack, or a dead spit of him. I was expecting one of them to go 'I know' when they were introduced.

6) Are we to assume that Kate WILL go back as she apologised to Aaron when Claire visited her and said not to 'take bring him back'.

7) Anyone else completely and utterly fucking LOST?! :LOL:

Great show - hurry back!

To answer your questions...
1) We see a flashback of his mother giving birth to him and telling the nurse specifically to name him John in S04E11 (Season 4 Episode 11;))). Also in the the same episode his adopted mother calls him by John aswell so I'm pretty certain its just a made up alias.

2) Can't be a twin. We see him being born remember? I only counted one baby. ;))

3) Seems to me dead people can only "re-animate" if their body is on the island. Seeing as Ben said whoever moves the island cannot go back I doubt he's managed to find the island and get killed there in the process.

4) Have a heart! :LOL: Lost needs more penny! :w00t:

5) Didnt notice that to be honest. I think he looked more exhausted then anything else. I saw it more significant the pause between Sun and Michael after she told him she was pregnant.

6) We'll most likely see all 5 (excluding aaron seeing as throughout the whole series its been like a broken record that he shouldnt be brought up on the island) come back including desmond, with the help of penny seeing as she has a boat and some sort of knoweldge of the Island (She mentioned that in S04E05, desmond's time travel episode). They'll also need a pilot so frank (Kenny Rogers, ahemm) fits into the picture for a nice comeback.

7) Nope.:DD

Some other stuff I've noticed after re-watching the finale numerous times...
1) I'm pretty certain Jin isn't dead. Why else would they show Daniel suriving on the raft with 5 other nobodies. If lost has told us one thing, its that everything happens for a specific reason so having daniel not blow up with the boat gives them a nice excuse for him to save Jin.

2) Michael is dead. Its been confirmed by the producers Harold Perrineau woun't be returning to the series.

3) Having locke dead is pretty significant. It seems that the Island doesn't let people who haven't served their purpose die until they do what they are supposed to do. Keeping that in mind must mean locke has served his purpose. Could his purpose have been that his death ment it would be a turning point for the people who got off the island to finally return and fulfil their own purpose?

4) Anyone else thinking the island is an ancient alien ship when they saw the frozen donkey wheel? I'm not talking about those alien ships that you see in most sci-fi movies with the ultra technological shit. I'm talking ancient alien race, and the island being some sort of organic ship made out of natural outworldly resources able to think and feel. Those symobols in the wheel room certainly seem alien-like. Is smokey actually an alien? Exotic matter was mentioned in the finale which gives slight weight to an outworldly theory (As crazy as I might be sounding). It would also explain all the electromagnetism, strange healing properties, and most of the weird stuff happening on the island.

5) Having Ben turn up a year later after using the wheel to move the island could mean we will start off next season in the present (After Jack talks to Ben) both on and off the island. My reasoning being is that the same way ben got displaced to the future, the island could have had a similar effect from the displacment, getting displaced 3 years or so into the future. So for everyone off the island 3 years has passed but for everyone on the island literally no time has passed.

6) Walt is set to have a significant role in season 5 so starting off in the present seems very plausible.

Disclaimer: These are the views coming from someone who owns every episode of lost and repeatedly watches them to find every minor detail as possible. I no doubt might write total bollocks most of the time so take all theories i write with a pinch of salt :DD:LOL::DD

Last edited:
To answer your questions...
1) We see a flashback of his mother giving birth to him and telling the nurse specifically to name him John in S04E11 (Season 4 Episode 11;))). Also in the the same episode his adopted mother calls him by John aswell so I'm pretty certain its just a made up alias.

2) Can't be a twin. We see him being born remember? I only counted one baby. ;))

3) Seems to me dead people can only "re-animate" if their body is on the island. Seeing as Ben said whoever moves the island cannot go back I doubt he's managed to find the island and get killed there in the process.

4) Have a heart! :LOL: Lost needs more penny! :w00t:

5) Didnt notice that to be honest. I think he looked more exhausted then anything else. I saw it more significant the pause between Sun and Michael after she told him she was pregnant.

6) We'll most likely see all 5 (excluding aaron seeing as throughout the whole series its been like a broken record that he shouldnt be brought up on the island) come back including desmond, with the help of penny seeing as she has a boat and some sort of knoweldge of the Island (She mentioned that in S04E05, desmond's time travel episode). They'll also need a pilot so frank (Kenny Rogers, ahemm) fits into the picture for a nice comeback.

7) Nope.:DD

Some other stuff I've noticed after re-watching the finale numerous times...
1) I'm pretty certain Jin isn't dead. Why else would they show Daniel suriving on the raft with 5 other nobodies. If lost has told us one thing, its that everything happens for a specific reason so having daniel not blow up with the boat gives them a nice excuse for him to save Jin.

2) Michael is dead. Its been confirmed by the producers Harold Perrineau woun't be returning to the series.

3) Having locke dead is pretty significant. It seems that the Island doesn't let people who haven't served their purpose die until they do what they are supposed to do. Keeping that in mind must mean locke has served his purpose. Could his purpose have been that his death ment it would be a turning point for the people who got off the island to finally return and fulfil their own purpose?

4) Anyone else thinking the island is an ancient alien ship when they saw the frozen donkey wheel? I'm not talking about those alien ships that you see in most sci-fi movies with the ultra technological shit. I'm talking ancient alien race, and the island being some sort of organic ship made out of natural outworldly resources able to think and feel. Those symobols in the wheel room certainly seem alien-like. Is smokey actually an alien? Exotic matter was mentioned in the finale which gives slight weight to an outworldly theory (As crazy as I might be sounding). It would also explain all the electromagnetism, strange healing properties, and most of the weird stuff happening on the island.

5) Having Ben turn up a year later after using the wheel to move the island could mean we will start off next season in the present (After Jack talks to Ben) both on and off the island. My reasoning being is that the same way ben got displaced to the future, the island could have had a similar effect from the displacment, getting displaced 3 years or so into the future. So for everyone off the island 3 years has passed but for everyone on the island literally no time has passed.

6) Walt is set to have a significant role in season 5 so starting off in the present seems very plausible.

Disclaimer: These are the views coming from someone who owns every episode of lost and repeatedly watches them to find every minor detail as possible. I no doubt might write total bollocks most of the time so take all theories i write with a pinch of salt :DD:LOL::DD

Cheers for the reply.

I'm guessing the next season is going to be the 'Hunt for the Island'. Will Locke, Richard and the new followers be the new 'Others' who will protect the island from Ben and the returning O6? But to get back, they have to bring the 'dead' Locke too! Head fuck...

How Ben was talking to Jack though, he must know where the island is now - where were we at the end - 2 years after the 'rescue'?

What else happened in Cairo - I cannot remember. Did Ben just arrive their, see Sayid on the tele and travelled to Iraq?

Wonder how/why Sayid is working for Ben in an assination role - what point does that have on getting back to the island?

And finally, I dont think Locke dies on the island as it was in the papers and the O6 knew of his death - plus obviously, his body is not on the island! So somewhere in that 2 years, the island is either discovered again and has transport links, Locke finds how to time/space travel or he escapes the island back to dry land.

This is very interesting reading. One small thought below.
Maybe Locke died purely because he left the island? I mean, his purpose is obviously island-based, he may have gone all "what am I supposed to do?" again in times of crisis (the "bad things" happening), and has gone looking for Ben? The isle could have punished him for leaving.

But then Locke wont want to leave the island or he'll become disabled again and wont be able to walk, surely?

Im confused here

i thought it was just like this

That Locke came off the Island using the alias "Jeremy Bentham" to try and get the Oceanic 6 back onto the Island becuase Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid all said they had spoken too him.

His death is weird as well and i doubt it was meant to happen. He apparently committed suicide but i think Whitmore had something to do with it

Michael's purpose was island based too. when he left, the island wouldn't let him die until he fulfiled what he was supposed to do there so having the island let locke die could mean his destiny was fulfiled in some way. The same way why Michael couldn't reveal who he was when he escaped the island is probably the same reason Locke had an alias and why the O6 lied, to protect everybody and themselves from Widmore. I also have a pretty strong feeling that the bad things that happened on the island after the O6 left where the cause of Miles. We already know he's got some freaky ghostbuster shit going on.

In season 3 we find out when Jack, Sawyer and Kate were captured that the others were building a runway so that might be how either locke left or how the O6 will return to the island.

Last edited:
Im confused here

i thought it was just like this

That Locke came off the Island using the alias "Jeremy Bentham" to try and get the Oceanic 6 back onto the Island becuase Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid all said they had spoken too him.

His death is weird as well and i doubt it was meant to happen. He apparently committed suicide but i think Whitmore had something to do with it

Ah yea - hence Sayid's "THEY said it was suicide" in a sarcastic tone to Hurley.

My GF asked today about the 'other' person responsible for Jins death - after Sun said to her dad "there are 2 people to blame for Jins death - and you are one of them".

This may be obvious, but I instantly said Desmond as it makes sense (he left Jin down in hull with Michael), but also what Sun said to Whitmore - "we have common interests" - i.e. finding/killing Desmond.

Oh yea and that Miles fella! I love him, think he has got A LOT more to offer...

I'm not sure what, but he definately knows more about the Island than he lets on - like when he said to the fit ginger woman "its taken you long enough to come back" or something like that. Then gave her a look and I loved the "Hmmm... what DO I mean?" :LOL:

Also, saw a deleted scene earlier from S3 I think - where Sayid and Kate are with Miles and they get to the big fence of noise thingy and wondering how to get past it. Miles sort of cocks his head and can obviously 'hear the dead' and just walks through the fence. Too which Kate and Sayid were like "how did you know it was off" and he smiled and said "hmmm... I just guessed".

AAaaaaaaaannd, why did he want to stay on the Island? His motivation seemed to be the money from Ben, which would be useless on the Island, but I guess the whole Ben escaping thing ruined that anyway!

Argh, too many questions!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom