Lost - Season 4 - Spoilers in Tags only please

I think Sawyer's still on the island even in the "we've got to go bacccck, Kaaaate" scene in Season 3, and what Kate meant was Aaron would wonder where she is, as he's probably with the nanny again. In the latest episode however, I think her sneaking off to do something for Sawyer, is connected to Sawyer's daughter Clementine, who he had with Cassidy the woman who tried being a con like him in a flashback in Season 2. He didn't meet his daughter as he was in prison I think, so when Kate left the island he may have asked Kate to find her.

Also something I thought about was how when Claire went missing in this episode, with her (and Jack's Dad), it was a shame Sawyer wasn't awake. He went for a drink with Christian Sheppard in Oz, and a conversation between the 3 of them on the island may have revealed a lot.

Well thought Rousseau was alive, but that's a no.

Although did know Keemy or whatever he's called would still be alive. Although thought Smokey would've took care of anyone else, but unsure of their numbers.

Guess this is the start of Jack's downward spiral and his beard.......LOL.

I'm unsure about Sawyer, where he is. I was thinking he wasn't on the Island. The daughter thing could be a thing, however the phonecall has me. I was wondering if he's actually been injured in some way when getting off the Island and maybe Kate is feeling guilty and did whatever.

FD

I'm unsure about Sawyer, where he is. I was thinking he wasn't on the Island. The daughter thing could be a thing, however the phonecall has me. I was wondering if he's actually been injured in some way when getting off the Island and maybe Kate is feeling guilty and did whatever.
Good point. I do lean towards the phonecall being to Cassidy, who if you remember met Kate when trying to do a con, think it was in Season 2. She was away from Sawyer and bumped into Kate if I remember correctly. Sawyer might have told Kate to contact her and she might now go round and see Cassidy and Clementine.

However, it wouldn't really justify the secrecy about her private rendezvous. Why not just tell Jack she's helping out Sawyer by seeing his kid and the mother, because they shared a good bond on the island, and even take Aaron along to play. Jack on the island at present already kinda accepts Sawyer & Kate have rattled, surely months later with Kate as his live-in fiance he would accept people can care about other people.

Good appetizer for the season finale. But the mythology of the flashes is very complicated today.

Why
are the Others (Richard and Abbaddon) implicated in Locke's destiny and the walkabout ? I'm also very surprised to see Claire wasted and following a guy who is supposed to be dead.
I like most of the scenes and especially
John's drawing,
and some quotes were very efficient.

Finally :
WHERE is Jacob and why Christian was there ?!?
and
HOW is the island going to move ?!?
It was also nice to hear
"Don't tell me what I can't do !".
It made me laugh... again.

8/10

Wow, can this show get any better!?
And is that guy immortall?! Never get's old, or younger?
And looks who's back... well I wonder now if Jack will ever know that is dad is there before he leaves the island?

tuta, I really can't give any scores to the episodes. If I did I would probably give 10/10 to each one. :mrgreen:
I really love this show.

Last edited:
I really envoyed this episode but I'm keeping my 9s and 10s for the finale :)

It's easy to rate, when it's really bad, 3 or 4 (not bellow). Average 5 or 6. Good 7. Very good 8. Awesome 9. Episode of the year 10.
:D

I always had suspicions about Christian being alive since season 1 when his coffin was empty on the island. I still think he walked away and had something similar to Michael... about not being able to die away from the island.

Superb episode, but it created more questions than answers again :LOL:

It's not fun for me any more,

When Ben releases the smoke monster I'm sitting there screaming at the screen, "WHY AREN'T YOU ASKING HIM WHAT THAT THING IS AND HOW HE CONTROLS IT?? WHY ISN'T IT THE FIRST THING YOU ASK?! WHY ARE YOU NOW SITTING AROUND RELAXING?! HOW CAN YOU JUST SIT THERE?!"

In-fact Lost is about to go into the "Things That Piss Me Off" thread.

Last nights episode was great and that Ben episode was even better.

It's not fun for me any more,

When Ben releases the smoke monster I'm sitting there screaming at the screen, "WHY AREN'T YOU ASKING HIM WHAT THAT THING IS AND HOW HE CONTROLS IT?? WHY ISN'T IT THE FIRST THING YOU ASK?! WHY ARE YOU NOW SITTING AROUND RELAXING?! HOW CAN YOU JUST SIT THERE?!"

In-fact Lost is about to go into the "Things That Piss Me Off" thread.

But the not knowing is what makes Lost so good and intriguing!

But the not knowing is what makes Lost so good and intriguing!
Agreed, I think this show is for those with a lot of patience AND an open mind the size of Josef Fritzl's perversity. I'm not an overly talented chap but I do have two qualities at least. I'm happy to watch the latest episode out and then dissolve the new information through the sieve into a tub called The Bigger Picture. :)

There's patience and an open mind, and ther's unbelievability (if that isn't already a word then it's my word now). The bit Milanista quotes there in the spoiler tags is exactly what pisses me off so much, would never happen. You wouldn't run off with the guy who does that and not say to him the whole way "how did you do that, what was it, are you an alien, is that an alien". If there was some kind of realism to it I wouldn't mind but as far as I'm concerned it's like banging your head on a wall for a couple of hours a month - lots of crazy things come into your head which have no meaning, a bit of blood flies about, and it's all over. It's literally gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

It's just leading people on, and I would be majorly pissed off to watch 100s of hours of something only for them to say after the umpteenth series "alright, you got us, it makes no sense and we have no fucking clue what it's all about, we can't make sense of it either, in-fact it's impossible to make sense out of - we have wasted hours upon hours of your lives, but well done, you have patience, give yourself a pat on the back".

It's just leading people on, and I would be majorly pissed off to watch 100s of hours of something only for them to say after the umpteenth series "alright, you got us, it makes no sense and we have no fucking clue what it's all about, we can't make sense of it either, in-fact it's impossible to make sense out of - we have wasted hours upon hours of your lives, but well done, you have patience, give yourself a pat on the back".

Haha I would too to be fair and I know for a fact, a LOT of questions are gonna go unanswered when Lost wraps up.

But I like to think I won't be too annoyed and I'll remember that for X many seasons, it was still the best thing on telly and kept me captivated all the way through :))

Me too. I find the more I watch it, I'm getting an even amount of questions answered and questions asked. Probably more answered actually. The way people don't ask "how come you survived death Mikhail?" or "how did you get onto the island Dad?" has been there from the beginning, and I can tell the writers purposely do this to add to the aggrieving but unstoppable intrigue and for me it works just fine, as there's been a lot more fun (for me) in eventually finding things out via events happening down the line rather than something like

*incidental music*
Claire : "How did you get here Dad?"
Christian : "I hid on a boat"
Claire : "Oh, right"
*LOST end credits*

I enjoy the drama of it all and the lack of realism in some areas don't bother me, I think there's more of it than in any soap in todays world for a start, although that wouldn't be hard. It's borderline sci-fi at times. The show will end in a couple of years and I already know that after finding out what the episodes will bluntly tell me, I WILL be working other things out in my head for months after, maybe more (probably).

For me, even it wrapped up after this season, it would be the best show I've ever watched.

And for those who aren't sure....

May 15th = Episode 12 (Finale Part 1)
May 21nd = Episodes 10 & 11 Repeated
May 22nd = No Episodes
May 29th = Episodes 13 & 14 (Finale Part 2 & 3)

I did enjoy the latest episode of Lost but I thought the ending was pretty stupid, move the island ? Seems to be going a bit too far!

:SHAKE:

anyway.

Moving the island. I bet there is something behind that. Surely it's not literall.

Last edited:
I reckon it'll have something to do with the big magnet thing. So they'll use it to mess up compasses / co-ordinates on electrical equipment so things can't find it so it seems like its completely moved. Or something.

It was great to see that finally
none of the Oceanic 6 is close to leave the island, except Sun but with Jin and Aaron and a bomb...
I also like the FF for :
the return of the cursed numbers , the revelation for Jack and the return in the US with Michelle Forbes (I cried when they all meet theirs families :cry:).
The trick of the day was also nice with
the mirors
Now, it's cruel to have to wait 2 weeks while
The Others are BACK... with rifles !!!

8/10

Last edited:
must resist clicking...

aargh.... havent' watched the new ep yet...

EDIT: Loved it!
Quite a crowd on this episode, betting they are leaving the island soon. Or are they?
Who the hell left the all the explosives?
The other guys maybe, but they need a way off. :SS

Last edited:
yep very good episode with a massive cliffhanger, which was kinda expected, for the final two episodes

also nice to see admiral kane again

I cant beleive I doubted this show last week, because it definatly came back to bite me on the ass!

What an episode, I loved every part of it best so far for me and it can only get better. I cant wait to see what Richard Alpert and the rest of the others are going to do

Also go Linus! you can tell he always has some sort of conniving plan which will pull off (I reckon its linked with the rest of the others and Richard)

Hello all, haven’t posted in a while but I’m seeing there are a lot of lost fans here so I’m going to jump in with my two cents.

Jacob, Locke and the Test in S04E11
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but in last week's Locke-centric episode the flashback with Abbaddon giving Locke that weird test might be very significant to the story. In Buddhism when the search for a new dalai lama is ongoing one of the key tests to find the successor (i.e. the "reincarnation" of the previous dalai lama) is to have the same test done on the possible successor who will have to pick out the previous dalai lama's personal possessions.

This could explain why Abbaddon asked Locke to pick out the items "which ALREADY belong to you". I believe these items belong to Jacob who was the protector of the island but has been killed (I got the impression he is dead anyways) and so the others are still searching for his true reincarnated successor.
Locke and Ben
With that being said having Locke fail the test by picking the knife that "doesn’t belong to him" could mean he is not Jacob's reincarnated successor but in fact he is supposed to replace ben role in protecting the island. I’ll bring up two things that are too similar to be coincidental in lost; 1) both Ben and Locke were born prematurely at 6 months, and 2) both of their mother’s are named Emily.
Locke, Ben and Smokey
It’s clear now that Ben can control Smokey. Locke drew Smokey which Abbaddon immediately picked up on. This gives further basis to my theory the island picked Locke to oust Ben.
Who is Jacob?
So as i said earlier Locke failed the test and therefore might not be Jacob. So who is Jacob then? I'm a firm believer in 2 theories:
1) that Jacob is Jacob, he's nobody else but a person chosen by the island to be its protector and leader of the inhabitants but has been dead for many years and Jack is supposed to take his place much in the same way Locke is ousting Ben.
2) He's Jack who has found a way to travel back in time to fix the mistake of leaving in the first place. We all know that time travel is possible, and I’m a firm believer that there are more than just the one way to time travel from what we have been shown so far. Locke mentioning that he's taking orders from Walt only taller is a big hint to that.
Jack's destiny
With this being a TV show and jack being the title character, and having the writer's show us through the show that jack is clearly the survivors’ leader I’m positive his destiny in the show is to become Jacob's rightful successor, the leader or the people on the island and it's protector. Having jack fall ill with his appendix on the island which clearly shouldn’t happen with the island's healing abilities makes me think that the island is trying to keep jack from leaving.

Good ideas there Baggs. I agree with you on your theories. One thing they seem to have left out so far is that room where Locke's dad was when he was still captured a while ago. We were led to believe that whatever you wished would appear in that room, but we heard no more.

Christian Sheppard is also another reason to back up your ideas about Jack. Claire might play a role too as being important to the island since shes with Christian now, and both are in that little hut thing.

Baggs, Abbaddon is the black guy, not the one you are thinking about :). This one is Richard.

That black guy is scary, when you seem in episodes he's just there and he gives a scary vibe. But those theories seem quite realistic. The thing which has me anticipated is

What happens to Jin, will he die from the C4 or another way?

Back
Top Bottom