inFAMOUS PS3

Hey Guys

Been waiting for this game for a year since I 1st read a preview.

Does anyone know if a UK version of the game will play on a USA PS3? I am currently on a cruise ship and can only get from the UK.

Many Thanks

PS3 games are region-free so should work fine.

If you use on a High Def TV that is correct. On a normal TV Most PS3 games are.
UK Games like Lost and Wheelman do not work on USA PS3 using a standard TV. Just want to check before I buy.

Thanks

Last edited:
Random Thoughts

The city you're in after the blast looks great. Hard to describe it all but the rubble and destruction and just the feeling of despair are all great. You can just tell as you turn a corner and see the street ahead of you full of damaged cars, rubble, trash and buildings with bodies everywhere and injured people crying out for help that everyone is screwed.

The karma idea is alright, it gives you a good reason to restart the game and play it again. AND the game so far for me hasn't led me along a definitive good guy bad guy path. By that I mean if I thought fuck this and became a bad guy it wouldn't feel that bad really to just fuck everyone up and do what I want for a while. In fact, I can't wait to replay this as a bad guy just to slap the snot out of all those morons who got in my way on this good guy play.

The story seems decent enough, If a little... out there. I can't really go into any details without any spoilers as hardly any of the games real story was revealed by the devs. So mentioning anything other than 'city blows up, you have electrical powers' will be a spoiler. But I'm very interested to see how it all pans out.

I like the XP points idea and it's taking a while to build up enough to unlock everything which is always good. I did get some DLC with my copy from gamestation for an extra power but it's not shown up in my game yet so

Some bad points

Getting around the city at times feels like a chore. When you see your next mission is on the other side of the city you just feel sick. BUT really it doesn't take too long to run across, less than you would imagine. And you can always climb up to the rooftops and get across that way, which in most cases is much quicker and avoids the enemies.

I think it was the Eurogamer review who said the sewer parts were the most interesting bits of the game and that it's a shame they couldn't bring that feeling into the city. Fuck Eurogamer and fuck them in their arse. Sewers the best bit my arse.

* For a start it's the same shit over and over. jump from here to here and if you fall in the water below you're as good as dead unless you can jump jump jump to the nearest ledge.
* It's as dark as hell in there so I keep missing jumps or at times just not having a fecking clue where to go to next. When you combine the water into that I found myself completely without any idea where to jump to next and the only way of figuring it out was to make a blind jump into the darkness, die and try again.

If that's what Eurogamer want from games then they're all fucking brain dead.

Another complaint and for me the games biggest failing is the checkpoints. Sometimes they're very forgiving and will register after each wave of enemies as you defend something. Then at another time they may as well not be there because you'll get past 2 tricky parts, die and then have to do them all again. It doesn't ruin the game, and the missions aren't THAT big so re doing them isn't a big deal, but there are times when you're against 20 enemies, you clear them all out and then die by a random bullet from miles away and have to do it all again... Morons.

But then I am playing on hard so maybe that has something to do with the number of enemies I'm against and the rubbish checkpoints.

edit
Oh yeah one other thing. The auto jumping at times can piss me off. sometimes I'll be on a ledge and will move forwards and the game will jump me to the right or I'll jump forwards and end up jumping off the edge of something i didn't want to. Or I'll want to get down from somewhere in a hurry as i'm being shot at but the game will latch me onto every fucking thing possible so I'll end up dying. Combined with the shitty checkpoints and a joypad is going flying. (not that i'd throw my pads) I'm sure another game was like this a while ago but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure CB complained about it as well. Could it have been assassins creed?

Despite the annoying cons I love the game. I've been on it all day and I'm gagging to get back into it. Once the story is done I think my desire to play it will drop a lot. I mean there's not much fun to come from collecting hidden items but it's definitely worth a rent I'd say. But you know, like CB was saying I can't see it lasting too long. Give it a month and you'll find this on sale 2nd hand everywhere. Not because it;s bad but because once you've done everything there's no reason to keep it... unless they're adding some DLC.

Last edited:
I'm at a stage right now where the next story mission pinpoint is a very long way away, I got close to it then got bombarded by enemies. Eventually I died but the game then relocated me to a place where the pinpoint is only down the road.

I'm starting to get that feeling that its going to end suddenly too, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Stopped listening to Eurogamer's reviews after they gave PES 2008 9/10. Full of biased bullshitting stupid idiots if you ask me.

Enough of that, what's the difficulty like on this game?

It's not particularly challenging in fairness from what I've played, just big. My difficulty level set itself to hard after the tutorial bit and I've been playing on that, it just takes a few more shots to take people down but I don't remember dying yet.

It's not particularly challenging in fairness from what I've played, just big. My difficulty level set itself to hard after the tutorial bit and I've been playing on that, it just takes a few more shots to take people down but I don't remember dying yet.
I doubt you have been to the 2nd island, the 3rd is just retarded

i got it and playing now.
gameplay is wonderful but graphics looks ugly...
gta4 on 360 is much better about graphics.

The game is very forgiving.

I agree about the graphics but the game runs better than GTA IV.

hmmm interesting ending, there will be an inFamous 2 alrite

Nicely set up

Now time for EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no more goody goody

Last boss, on hard difficulty... arrghhh cheap fecking attacks... keep dying over and over.... grrrr
-

EDIT

I DID IT! I found a pattern to follow and it worked really well. I still needed the checkpoints mid battle but it worked.

What an ending! Awesome, totally blew my mind and left me gagging for more. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Last boss, on hard difficulty... arrghhh cheap fecking attacks... keep dying over and over.... grrrr
-

EDIT

I DID IT! I found a pattern to follow and it worked really well. I still needed the checkpoints mid battle but it worked.

What an ending! Awesome, totally blew my mind and left me gagging for more. Brilliant.
The end was sick, wasnt it?

Couldnt have predicted it

People have completed it already?! The weekend isn't even over! :LOL:

I'll keep an eye on AVForums and pick this up this week then :)

Do you guys do a lot of side missions?

The last story mission I did was the junk yard one.

I've done quite a few of the territory side missions just to be able to upgrade myself. I'm at about 60% on the first island, 40% on the second and something small like 10% on the third. And I've done 6 side missions as a good guy (those police style ones that don't give you territory etc)

I wanted to get through the story quick on this first play as a good guy on hard difficulty and then restart as a bad guy and collect everything and do everything and aim for that platinum. Knowing how the story plays out now as well I don't mind restarting as a bad guy and fucking everyone up. Although I think playing on hard as a bad guy would have been much easier with the more powerful powers so if anyone wants that hard trophy and haven't started going for it - do it as a bad guy.

Some of the stunts are bloody tough and require a ton of luck and for the AI to be in the right place at the right time, which technically shouldn't make them stunts as you don't have much control over it.

-

Quick thought about the story of the game - Don't read unless you have finished the game. This WILL completely spoil the ending.

I just realised how many clues there are through the entire game that lead to the final twist. Like that woman boss in love with you, but it's not 'you' is it. Very bioshock like where it's right in your face all through the game but you just don't see it coming

Last edited:
I've done quite a few of the territory side missions just to be able to upgrade myself. I'm at about 60% on the first island, 40% on the second and something small like 10% on the third. And I've done 6 side missions as a good guy (those police style ones that don't give you territory etc)

I wanted to get through the story quick on this first play as a good guy on hard difficulty and then restart as a bad guy and collect everything and do everything and aim for that platinum. Knowing how the story plays out now as well I don't mind restarting as a bad guy and fucking everyone up. Although I think playing on hard as a bad guy would have been much easier with the more powerful powers so if anyone wants that hard trophy and haven't started going for it - do it as a bad guy.

Some of the stunts are bloody tough and require a ton of luck and for the AI to be in the right place at the right time, which technically shouldn't make them stunts as you don't have much control over it.

-

Quick thought about the story of the game - Don't read unless you have finished the game. This WILL completely spoil the ending.

I just realised how many clues there are through the entire game that lead to the final twist. Like that woman boss in love with you, but it's not 'you' is it. Very bioshock like where it's right in your face all through the game but you just don't see it coming

Don't read unless you have finished the game. This WILL completely spoil the ending.

With Sasha, I was wondering wtf? how does she know him...briefly wondered if it was from a past life but couldnt connect it with anything. Even John dropped lots of clues

They got me tho but Kessler is badass

I wonder if you get his powers if you make the bad decision at the end

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuc.....

I saved over my game last night by mistake. I started a new game as a bad guy and played for a while and then went to save and out of habit just hit save x x x blah blah and as the % bar filled I felt sick as I realised I was saving over my good guy game!

Thankfully the only real loss the all of the shards I picked up as I must have easily been into the 80% area though the good thing is I can now get a guide with the locations and pick them all up 1 after another.

I did the same with Fallout 3. I was conscious of the trophies for achieving a certain level with a certain karma e.g. Level 20 with bad/good/neutral karma. My plan was to save at level 19 then restart and go out my way to have bad karma/good karma/neutral karma individually, then restart all over again just to get the trophies. However, I forgot to save it at level 19 and felt sick when I realised that I ranked up to level 20. Fallout 3 is just so long that I don't really fancy doing it all again just for the trophies.

I've only got a few trophies left now with this. A couple of the evil choices and end game as evil trophy, 100 high fall kills (knocking them off rooftops) and the find the shards. I'm just waiting for ign to put the maps up for the 2nd and 3rd island for the shards.

I must say I'm enjoying this game a lot. Plain old gaming fun. Best game of 2009 by now for me. It's all I wanted Assassin's Creed to be, but in a different setting and lots of details. It's not a great unforgettable game, but is well thought, well done and fun to play, which is strangely hard to find lately.

If you ask me it's worth a buy or a rental, it depends. I want to play without urge, when I want, and money is not the problem. So I buy it.

For me it is the definition of an 8 out of 10 game.

Played alot last weekend, have doen 3/4 side missions, and 1/2 story missions each night. Am at the ened of the 2nd island, and enjoying the game alot.

I rented it, and its a brilliant rental title

Really enjoying this, spent the last two hours doing the odd story mission but mainly just doing the side missions and jumping about a bit :)

Good fun and miles better than Prototype, although I miss the speed of getting around the city in Prototype.

Round 1 is complete, great ending.

For those who have got the Platinum trophy I have a question, how did you take over all the territory in the Warren?

I think I've completed all the side missions, I've checked the map and no more are listed but it only says 94% complete.

Back
Top Bottom