inFAMOUS PS3

That's exactly what they made, remember its a DEMO

and you are forced to do the missions, if not ppl will play the demo and not buy the full game.

The first demo mission is irritating but the other missions are pretty good plus you get about 10mins in between each mission to mess about.

In the full game you can choose not to follow the story and just do the side missions.

But you gain more exp doing the story missions, the quickier you unlocky cooler abilities.

You have karma choices as well to make during the game so do you help the police or help the civilians or help your mates or help someone else.

I may give it a rent then Blaccat, but the demo did little for me. I love the whole Spiderman climbing on stuff and it does look fantastic...
You should, speaking with ppl on my list who already have the game and have been playing for hours, their only complain is that there is no in game music and its hard to put the pad down.

i had to take a break cause i kept playing the game and i didn't wanna get tired of it but something tells me you can beat that game in a week so i just been slowing down cause i been playing it since 1 this after noon and i stopped now at 2 a.m. so i'm going chill on it but i only have like 7 or 8% done in trophies so initially that's what's drove me to keep playing.
:SHOCK:

The TV ad is sick, i love how they use the comic book effect
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/26/infamous-powers-up-today

Sony better keep the number of the company that did that 30sec ad, it doesnt tell you much about the game but it makes you curious

I've been playing the for two hours now and I'm enjoying it a lot.

The only negative I have so far is that the enemies can shoot you no matter have far away they are from you.

EDIT: I don't know if the game has autosave, I've just realised that it hasn't saved anything yet in two hours, manual save it is then.

Last edited:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/05/26/infamous-demo-contains-hidden-home-goodies/

Several people who have signed up for official PlayStation newsletters have been receiving a newsletter stating that the Infamous demo unlocks a free Cole costume for your Home Avatar, The newsletter itself was not completely clear on how to unlock the costume. The official PlayStation Home forums were being bombarded with threads asking how to unlock the costume.

Locust_Star one of the Home Community Managers chimmed in to help clear the air.

Hey guys,

Regarding the Cole costume: It will not unlock until after the game is released. It won’t unlock day and date with the release, but likely within a week it will appear in user’s inventories. This delay, of course, is not ideal but I think most people won’t mind being patient as long as they know that it is coming. Any help in spreading that word is appreciated.
- Locust_Star, Home Community Manager

So what you have to do in order to look like Cole from Infamous in Home, is download the demo, and within a week it’ll just magically appear in your inventory.

Does anyone ever actually play Home (or "use" it, whatever)?

I've been on it three times since it launched, I still don't see the point of it - especially when everything costs real money. And no I'm not a PS3 hater (looking forward to getting inFamous on Friday), I just think Sony wasted a huge chunk of time and money on it.

I've been on it now and again - mainly to check out the EA space and the other spaces as they added them. But I don't go on there to socialize with anyone. If i want a game against friends i just send them a PM.

There is a chunk of free content to download though like clothing and a couple of items for your own personal home. Not a lot but there are some free items.

Does anyone ever actually play Home (or "use" it, whatever)?

I've been on it three times since it launched, I still don't see the point of it - especially when everything costs real money. And no I'm not a PS3 hater (looking forward to getting inFamous on Friday), I just think Sony wasted a huge chunk of time and money on it.
To Sony it isn't a waste of time, the made $1mil+ in its first month just off micro transactions. At E3 home will come to live.

I just hate how it feels separate from PSN

Oh god what an annoying reviewer and she didn't really go into any details of what makes the game fun.

The Gametrailers video review is a good one, just be aware of a spoiler in the middle.

Quick warning for anyone who gets the special edition of this from the high street (although I might be too late seeing as I got mine today from my local independent games shop)... Open the game and check the bonus code is there before you go home.

Myself and a friend bought this today (from two different retailers), and when we've teared off the plastic seal and opened the game, the bonus code was missing. On the included bonus code flyer it just said:

PROMOTION CODE
[______________]

We've both gone back to the store and had it exchanged for another copy now, and both included a code where it's supposed to be. But I was worried there for a minute.

Same happened with me, I'm loving the game.

The Thunder bombs are awesome.

Interesting that the full game is getting good reviews on here. Like a couple of others the train mission in the demo put me right off.

These games publishers need to be more thoughtful about their demos. It wouldn't be the first time I've not bothered following something up because of a poor demo.

I love it but I get this horrible feeling it's going to be completed within days. I'll replay it again just to be bad and do all the bad missions, but still, I just get this feeling it's going to be over too quickly.

The voice-acting is terrible as well, the guy you meet at the start makes the same "WHEE-HAW!" noise at the beginning of every sentence and the woman who plays your missus can't act for toffee. But gameplay-wise it's really intuitive, if not a bit simple (I say that but the baddies take a lot of knocking down, and like Tobi said they can shoot you from anywhere which is a bit daft).

Really regretting my purchase of this. Every thing is quite samey and while the graphics are semi-impressive, theres a lack of immersion for me for some reason. Can see myself trading it in rather soon and I believe a lot of you will as well, its actually piss poor.

Another game where I'll wait a week for the general impressions then? :LOL:

Really regretting my purchase of this. Every thing is quite samey and while the graphics are semi-impressive, theres a lack of immersion for me for some reason. Can see myself trading it in rather soon and I believe a lot of you will as well, its actually piss poor.
Interesting,I only see myself trading this in if I have finished it both ways.

I am playing strictly as a goody two shoes and so of the things I have unlucked are just crazy and I know it will be better when am inFamous.

With this sort of game you know what the deal is, do this do that do the variety of way you can complete the mission.

Its like saying a sports game is samey, all you do is pass and shoot. But anyways unlock some sort and lets see if your thoughts are the same.

Bcos I know its a real grind from the start bcos you are not given at the power in the demo right of the bat. But when you do it feels soo good, already spent about 2 hours on it this morning already.

Krad is playing now lets see what he has to say.

I'll be playing it again as evil, after that I'll do any remaining side missions, find all the blast shards etc, then wait for some DLC.

The game needs stats like in GTA IV.

All quiet... ;)

I'll rent it for sure but unless I find it far better than the demo I wont be getting it...
lol its quiet bcos u are not playing it, 2nd dlc map pack coming June 11

So long as you play it and dnt miss out, its cool

I'll be playing it again as evil, after that I'll do any remaining side missions, find all the blast shards etc, then wait for some DLC.

The game needs stats like in GTA IV.

After all that is done you would have put in 30+ hours into the game. btw 350 blast shard jeez bastards

The lack of stats is quite stupid, especially with all the trophies needing you to do certain things a 100 fucking times. :RANT:

I got the 25% trophy last night, sometimes I'll be in a mission and see one in the corner of my eye and go after it. I can't help it.

I got the 25% trophy last night, sometimes I'll be in a mission and see one in the corner of my eye and go after it. I can't help it.
Its amazing you can just go from mission to mission without really exploring, I think I am addicted to the combat and explosions, I what to jump into another mission and blow stuff up.

When you get to the other side of the bridge things get crazy for real..lol

These guys are worse than the reapers

Btw I am now at HERO!!!

I came across some of the trash bag enemies and the fire spiders, I climbed to the top of a building and thunder dropped on them, awesome.

Have you been run over by a train yet? I was grinding on the tracks trying to kill an enemy with precision aim, I heard the train coming but thought it was on the other side side of the tracks, how wrong I was!

Back
Top Bottom