inFAMOUS PS3

I'll let you try with my account gun if you like - if it works you can get the fight night 4 demo as well. just give me a nod when you can get online on your ps3 and ill sort it out.

On topic have sony announced anything about how the beta of uncharted work in the eu yet? do all early copies come with it or do you have to pre order online to get it?

edit
Just remembered i didnt get the infamous demo myself - i got it from someone else so you can't get i from me :(

Last edited:
It's looking like a pre-order only thing, otherwise Play.com wouldn't be able to advertise it the way they are I don't think (they're pushing that if you pre-order it with them you get the Uncharted 2 beta code). Looking forward to this game as well, don't know where to get it or how - the special edition pack looks good but I'll probably end up going to the local game shop and trading in Everybody's Golf for a discount (after they decided to take 80% of the lobbies away for no reason).

Loads of promising games coming out over the next month as well:

End of May - Fuel (PC/PS3/360), inFamous (PS3), Virtua Tennis 2009 (PC/PS3/360). June 5th - Red Faction Guerilla (PC/PS3/360), The Sims 3 (PC/MAC). June 12th - Grand Slam Tennis (WII). June 19th - ArmA II (PC), Ghostbusters (PS3). June 26th - Rock Revolution (PC/PS3/360).

Last edited:
After finally sitting down and playing the demo fully I have come to the conclusion that I wont be getting it. Its better than my original impressions from the first time I played it, but it just seems BLAH. I dont quite know why. My copy is still on pre-order from Play.com due to the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta but im getting worried they might not send out the codes before the item is dispatched. If they dont send it to me by next Monday, I had better cancel the order before they take the money out of my account!

After finally sitting down and playing the demo fully I have come to the conclusion that I wont be getting it. Its better than my original impressions from the first time I played it, but it just seems BLAH. I dont quite know why. My copy is still on pre-order from Play.com due to the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta but im getting worried they might not send out the codes before the item is dispatched. If they dont send it to me by next Monday, I had better cancel the order before they take the money out of my account!

The codes are in the infamous box

For internet orders I think the codes are e-mailed to you. Thats the common practice.

For internet orders I think the codes are e-mailed to you. Thats the common practice.
The codes come packaged IN the box with the infamous manual and cd

Thats why you have to buy the game.

This straight from sony, no code is being email

Even the Qore annual subscribers only got their codes by physical mail

we’re having a multiplayer beta! It starts on June 3rd and you can get access to it through vouchers in inFamous, which goes on sale May 26th.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/27/uncharted-2-to-include-multiplayer-beta-starts-june-3rd/

You’ll be able to get a multiplayer beta voucher inside inFamous no matter where you purchase it.

Aw man. Screw that then. Im just going buy a code off Ebay if I need to.

Cheers for the heads-up, Tobi. I'll pass on watching that now I think :(

Think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order for this... just doesnt seem very exciting or different. I didnt really like Crackdown at all and when I look across at my PS3 collection, I've STILL got GTA4 and MGS4 to work through...

ShopTo are doing the U2 beta also, their selling the game for £33.

All Pre-Orders up to the 21/05/09 will be guaranteed an exclusive beta code for the future release Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Any pre-order after this date will only receive a beta code while stocks last, so what are you waiting for make your pre-order now! Once your pre-order has been dispatched then your Beta code will appear on your past orders page of your shopto account next to the tracking number for your inFamous purchase.

Play.com order cancelled.

EDIT: Amazon and GAME are offering beta codes too.

Last edited:
After playing the demo, it hasn't really caught me and I wont be buying this for full price. I'll probably get it second hand and wait til I can get it for £15 or so.

Got it on my list but Lovefilm are refusing to send any of my high priority games (which was always the case when I rented games a while ago) and so I can't see me getting it sent to me for ages :(

how do lovefilm work? i remember them saying 'no late fee's but how do they handle late returns? are you blocked from renting the new releases if you return late over and over?

I thought it works as a subscription model, i.e. you pay so much per month, you keep the disc as long as you want, if you can watch the movie straight away, you send it back and they send you the next one you have on your list, hence no late fees.

I thought it works as a subscription model, i.e. you pay so much per month, you keep the disc as long as you want, if you can watch the movie straight away, you send it back and they send you the next one you have on your list, hence no late fees.

Yep, there's various types of model but effectively what Holio said it correct. On the basic package you pay a certain amount each month, you're allowed to have one disc at a time for as long as you want as long as you keep paying your monthly fee.

When you're done with that game, they send you another one from your list.

Just checked Lovefilm and UFC Undisputed is listed as "long wait". Rentals are great for catching up with older games but useless for trying to get new releases :(

No necessarily. I got the new Riddick game 2 days after it was released, and have just been sent the new Wolverine game. It's just pot luck really. Stick it on high priority and you do tend to get it.

Just put the games you are interested in in the list and eventually you'll get them.

Last edited:
I've had Wanted:Weapons Of Fate as a high priority for a while and haven't had it sent yet :LOL:

Both Tesco and Lovefilm have UFC as a long wait so I'm thinking of buying it.

Hmm strange.... Have Wanted: WOF here with me now, maybe I've got your copy haha. Wanted is ridiculously easy to get trophies/achievements in. All you have to do is pretty much complete the game twice.

I'd buy UFC if I were you, I can image that game taking forever to come.

how do lovefilm work? i remember them saying 'no late fee's but how do they handle late returns? are you blocked from renting the new releases if you return late over and over?

Nope I'm on there list but just get movies, you get no late fees and no penalties, keep them as long as you want you have no time limit at all so you can't be late.
The more you pay the more disks you can have at home...

No necessarily. I got the new Riddick game 2 days after it was released, and have just been sent the new Wolverine game. It's just pot luck really. Stick it on high priority and you do tend to get it.

Just put the games you are interested in in the list and eventually you'll get them.

How do you set the priority? I've just added ghostbusters to my list for a future rental and can't see any priority thing except an icon above the rental under 'my rentals' that hsows all 3.

How do you set the priority? I've just added ghostbusters to my list for a future rental and can't see any priority thing except an icon above the rental under 'my rentals' that hsows all 3.
have you checked your rental list, it will show a list of games you have picked plus games yet to be released... it gives you High, medium and low Rad...

Yeah the rentals section allows you to set priority on games/movies that are available. However, on games that haven't been released yet they are just set at default until they come available. Then once they're released you can set the priority and fingers crossed they'll come really soon. I haven't had too much trouble waiting really, got Wolverine a week after the release and Wanted within only a few days of sticking it in my list. It's all about availability, but the higher priority you set the more they'll try and get that game to you first.

Last edited:
Played the demo and even that annoyed me, do this-go there-shoot this... Arrrghhh why can't they make a free roaming game where you can choose what you want to do, when you meet people they ask for help or things happen around you... I won't be bothering...

Played the demo and even that annoyed me, do this-go there-shoot this... Arrrghhh why can't they make a free roaming game where you can choose what you want to do, when you meet people they ask for help or things happen around you... I won't be bothering...

That's exactly what they made, remember its a DEMO

and you are forced to do the missions, if not ppl will play the demo and not buy the full game.

The first demo mission is irritating but the other missions are pretty good plus you get about 10mins in between each mission to mess about.

In the full game you can choose not to follow the story and just do the side missions.

But you gain more exp doing the story missions, the quickier you unlocky cooler abilities.

Back
Top Bottom