HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Tim -

a mate has offered me a hd2 for 260 (the same one that offered it for me 350 lol) but its locked on o2

If i buy it (Im still kind of set on the hero from your advice) how do they unlock?

No idea how the HD2 unlocks mate, if it's the same as the Hero though it's just a code that you put in. I unlocked my Hero in about 10 mins :)).

Bobby is right, for that price go for the Hero.

I'll soon be in the HTC gang :)

Agreed to trade my 3GS for a Nexus One after being consistently disappointed with the iPhone signal and call dropping, and being intrigued by the ... hackability of the N1 and Android 2.1 :)

Also noticed that the Sense UI rom is coming along nicely for the N1 and it's pretty much complete minus a few things so will be installing that I think.

Roll on Friday!

Is there a good website anywhere about rooting, custom roms, tweaks, hacks etc for Android phones?

Any essential software I need? That Nandroid backup app or whatever it was called? :)

Get the gameboid GBA emulator, so easy to use. got Advance wars and zelda on their at the moment :))

Also 'Bonsai blast'

'What the doodle', online pictionary game is alot of fun.

'Robo Defense' is very good aswell. Thats all I have played at the moment.

You guys seen this phone yet?

http://www.htc.com/www/product/desire/specification.html

HTC_Desire_Size.jpg

HTC Desire SIM-Free Android Smartphone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GE%2BzZmgaL.@@AMEPARAM@@41GE%2BzZmgaL

Last edited:
What didn't you like in the Nexus One that you think will be different in the Desire?

Sense UI. I didn't know it could be added to the Nexus One. I prefer the Desire though to be honest as it's made entirely by HTC themselves, not in conjunction with Google. They are pretty much the same phone though, just a few features and specs here and there that are different. Much of a muchness.

DROP7 IS ON THE ANDROID OS! :DANCE: :BOP:

Pretty much the only iPhone game I missed and I've just did a search to see if there was anything similar only to find the actual game is available, and free as well!

Looks like it's only just came out and is free this week only, brilliant! :D

Whats the difference between the HTC Legend and the HTC Desire?

No way, a two year contract for a phone that's outdated? It's not a bad phone in itself but the new HTC phones (Legend and Desire) are out at the end of this month and in April, you'd be better waiting for those if you're going to commit to such a long contract.

I didnt realise it was a 24 month contract. Doh!

I am due an upgrade on Orange so hopefully they can do me a deal.

I am not too bothered about having the latest and greatest handset if I can maybe get them down to a 12 or 18 month contract.

Its either an HTC or the iPhone I think. I will shop around a bit more.

cheers

I'm now running Sense UI on my Nexus One and it's very nice! I definately prefer the widgets, especially the music player, over the standard Android UI and I think I'll be keeping with this for a while :)

T mobile will be taking ordered of the new htc desire next monday!!

I've put in my order already via another website, 18 month contract and £30 pm for 600 mins, 500 text and unlimited internet. The phone only cost £40 too.

:))

I need to pre order my HTC Desire sim free, not sure of the best place to order from yet though.

I'm now running Sense UI on my Nexus One and it's very nice! I definately prefer the widgets, especially the music player, over the standard Android UI and I think I'll be keeping with this for a while :)

Is facebook intergrated with the phones contacts?

Back
Top Bottom