HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Ooooh HTC Desire looks lovely. I think I'll definitely be upgrading to that as soon as it's out :DD.

But thats just an exact replica of the Nexus One but with the Sense UI! And you already had a Nexus One lol! :LOL:

hero.png

Just added the modaco custom Rom. It runs like shit off a shovel, compared to the original. I like it. But as Tim said earlier can't tell much more of a difference until I start playing around with it more :))

I have, and it's not good I'm afraid. Might just have been the device that I had, however I googled it extensively and it's a common fault. But the capative touchscreen it has, just wasn't designed for Windows Mobile 6.5 and therefore renders it useless. Typing anything with the keyboard is so infuriating it drove me mad. Much happier with Android :)).

Gutted, i mentioned in the mobile phone thread i was after a new mobile, and not prepared to pay more than 250 tops for one -

Although for the HD2 i was prepared to i guess, Ive had an iphone, and i dont want the same thing but quicker (3gs)

phoneimage.jpg

This is my hero at the moment :))

Second from the left is an album of my wedding, where I can flick through the pictures. I usually have a picture of my wife there, but didn't want to show you mofos! ;))

Last edited:
Tried a ROM that was running Android 2.1, it's very nice and updated well. However as it's still a BETA it's not stable enough to use properly. But as I said, Android 2.1 is very nice. Will be awesome on a device twice as good such as the HTC Desire :)).

The voice control could be added with a custom ROM, not that I use it at all though. Same for the Nexus One, I'm sure you could add the Sense UI to that in a custom ROM, so basically they are pretty much the same, apart from N1 having noise reduction and Desire having more RAM.

Good article, I shall read it later :)).

Last edited:
I have, and it's not good I'm afraid. Might just have been the device that I had, however I googled it extensively and it's a common fault. But the capative touchscreen it has, just wasn't designed for Windows Mobile 6.5 and therefore renders it useless. Typing anything with the keyboard is so infuriating it drove me mad. Much happier with Android :)).

Tim you seem to be the guy in the know-

If i did get a hd2, when the windows 7 mobile arrives, is it going to be a simple thing to upgrade it??

Thanks

You can install a custom rom for the HD2 that has the more finger friendly Windows Mobile 6.5.3. As for Windows Phone 7 Series on it, HTC Russia said that there should be an upgrade for it in the Autumn but whether this is true or not is anyones guess.

Just downloaded Gameboid for Android. So I can play gameboy Advance games on my phone. So easy to set up and play. Just put Zelda, link to the past on it :))

Has touch screen controls built in, so if your phone hasn't got a keyboard you can still play them.

Bit fiddly, but hopefully I get used to it.

EDIT: Playing Advance wars at the moment! really good. Some games don't work properly, but if you keep trying, then you will find some classics :DD

Last edited:
Ok guys; could someone offer me some advice?

Im after a new mobile phone, to replace my iphone 3g

I have narrowed it down to 2 -

The HTC HD2 - I can get a new one of these (would need unlocking though) for 350
Obviously a very cool screen and full of raw power, but expensive and runs windows 6.5 - and.. ive heard may not be getting the windows 7 update.

HTC Hero

Not sure how much i could get one for, but these seem also very cool, good thing is it runs android and is apparantly going to get the new android update when it comes.

Can anyone give me some advice on these as to which to go for -

Will be using the phone as a phone (obviously) texting - MP3 and movies - also taking pics - Also incar

1 more thing - i would like to use 2 sims inside, 1 work sim, 1 personal use - ive seen a dual sim adaptor thing on ebay for the hero, but as of yet nbt the hd2.

Other phones i considered were the blackberry storm 2, the bold 9700 and the e72 -

Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance

Ok guys; could someone offer me some advice?

Im after a new mobile phone, to replace my iphone 3g

I have narrowed it down to 2 -

The HTC HD2 - I can get a new one of these (would need unlocking though) for 350
Obviously a very cool screen and full of raw power, but expensive and runs windows 6.5 - and.. ive heard may not be getting the windows 7 update.

HTC Hero

Not sure how much i could get one for, but these seem also very cool, good thing is it runs android and is apparantly going to get the new android update when it comes.

Can anyone give me some advice on these as to which to go for -

Will be using the phone as a phone (obviously) texting - MP3 and movies - also taking pics - Also incar

1 more thing - i would like to use 2 sims inside, 1 work sim, 1 personal use - ive seen a dual sim adaptor thing on ebay for the hero, but as of yet nbt the hd2.

Other phones i considered were the blackberry storm 2, the bold 9700 and the e72 -

Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance

Can only give advice on the hero, The camera isnt great on it. It is 5 mega pixels, but has no flash. Also videos, I haven't used at all. But I have played videos on the net, you tube etc and it works well.

My hero connects well to my bluetooth car stereo for handsfree. Which is what I use it for alot. But apparently you can download an app, so that you press one button on the phone so it goes into loud speaker mode when driving (If you dont have a bluetooth handsfree car stereo).

Music player I love. Has album art, can make playlists etc. not an ipod beater, but it does everything I need it to do.

call quality is great with the hero aswell (I am on o2 though so that might make a difference?) But it is better than my last phone samsung g600 (I think it was).

Basically I really love the hero, has great internet capabilities. Has Android and the android market for apps (Which is getting alot better).

Thought it was lacking in games, but now I have downloaded the gameboy advance emulater that works really well! so all my bases are covered.

just thought I would give you my views :)) (Also did a bit of reading and the HTc HD2 on Windows doesn't seem as good as HTC hero on Android)

Out of those two, definitely the Hero. I've had both and the HD2 experience is OK, but Windows Mobile really detracts from it, as it looks so outdated and scrappy. Android is by far the better OS.

However, you'd be best off waiting til April 9th if you can, and getting either the HTC Legend or HTC Desire.

Just installed pandahome and openhome on my htc hero. Now I can download loads of themes for it.

Some of them are really nice. Not only changing the backgrounds but also the icons and keyboard.

The ones that stands out at the moment, are the Buuf themes.

Once I sort mine out, I will post up what they look like.

'Buuf new' theme on marketplace. Can download lots of other cool wallpapers aswell, in the same style.

Phenom theme on marketplace

there are lots of other cool ones. Just put a few icons on to show you the styles.

Might have a look at how to make my own, a nice Arsenal one would be good ;))

Tim -

a mate has offered me a hd2 for 260 (the same one that offered it for me 350 lol) but its locked on o2

If i buy it (Im still kind of set on the hero from your advice) how do they unlock?

You'd be better buying a Hero for that price I think?

I haven't heard many good things at all about the HD2.

Back
Top Bottom