HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Not as good as it was on the stock Android 2.1 but you can join your phone contacts to Facebook/Twitter/Flickr and it brings everyone under one profile. Pretty neat stuff.

HTC and Sprint announce their new Superphone for the US:

The HTC EVO 4G will be the first phone in the US to support the new 4G radio standards through its use of WiMax technology. However thats not the best thing about the phone. That lies in the wonderful spec it boasts:

1GHZ Snapdragon CPU
1GB Memory
512MB RAM
4.3 INCH TFT MULTITOUCH CAPACITIVE LCD
8MP CAMERA WITH 720P VIDEO RECORDING CAPABILITY
1.3MP FRONT FACING VIDEO CAMERA FOR VIDEO CALLING
HDMI OUT
KICKSTAND
ANDROID 2.1 WITH SENSE UI

This phone looks amazing. Basically its a better specced HTC HD2 but running Android instead of the awful Windows Mobile 6.5. Its launching this Summer. I hope that it launches around the same time in the UK or there is a sim free version available like the Nexus One because if there is no new iPhone this year then this is a must buy for me! Damn these new phones! I have had 7 in the last year!

For more information, screens and videos check out: http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

Last edited by a moderator:
htc-evo-4g-01-top.jpg

Ordered my HTC Desire yesterday from Handtec :)). What do you mean jonney? It'll cost more overall to get it on contract...

Ordered my HTC Desire yesterday from Handtec :)). What do you mean jonney? It'll cost more overall to get it on contract...
Nope:

Supplier: T-Mobile.co.uk
Tariff: Pay monthly 10 (24 months)

Minutes: 100
Texts: Unlimited
Internet: Unlimited (Massive 3gb fair usage policy)

Phone Cost: £164
Per Month: £10

Cashback: £35 from TopCashBack.co.uk

Total Cost: £369

Taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645405

You have to pay nearly £400 for the handset only but dont forget to add the cost of your monthly contract or Sim only deal.

Lets take a step back and compare you buy the device for around £400 and paying 25 pounds a monthly. Add in all that cost and its rightly near £700 in total if you keep that device and the sim for a year.

The t mobile package of a similar contract ie 25 a month costs a total of nearly 600 and thats on a 18month contract!.

over £100 difference give or take. if you compare like for like ie, keeping your sim free disire and contract for 18m as a posed to 12 then add 150 on top of that estimaed 700 i quoted above.

Contracts are cheaper. Go to the xda thread i linked to you.

O and btw. i ordered my desire on a free upgrade so all im paying is £25 for 18 months.
The above deal is FARRRRR better than buying just the handset AND paying monthly on your sim.

Last edited:
Wow, that is an amazing contract!

I can sell my HTC Hero though so I can knock £200 off the total price of mine already. Also, I have my current contract for another 15 or so months so if I got it that way I'd end up with 2 contracts to pay.

Last edited:
Ah yeah it's out a week or so early on contract from T Mobile. Nice one mate. What do you like about it? Is it super fast doing stuff?

I'l give a breakdown of my impressions of this device:

• The UI is as slick and fast as a iphone. No lag whatsoever while some music was playing in the background and the web browser on
  • If you have a facebook and twitter account, A widget called friends streams RSS all updates gathered from twitter(add me, jonneymendoza) and facebook in one list.
  • Audio quality in terms of using it has a mp3 player is on par on my ipod touch
  • build quality is good, very good slick design all round
  • fantastic screen. better than the iphone
  • The sense UI is so good that their is no reason to go into the main menu as you can add tons of shortcuts, widgets across 7 different screens
  • Camera quality is decent (will post some later)

now for some negetives
  • Battery life is OK. i started playing around with it heavily from 2pm browsing the internet, playing music and as of now, i have drained half of the battery life. i heard what kills it is the friends stream and the emails that get pushed to me
  • The back cover could have been build a bit better. the plastic bit that connects and locks it in place is a bit too thin and i hope i dont break it like i did on the N95
  • No pouch included on it which is a shame
  • Keyboards not as good as a iphone. i can type faster on the iphone without spelling mistakes/auto correcting my spelling then the Desire(I may need to re-calibrate the Desire's keyboard) but as it is with no tweaking, its good, a 7/10 good while the iphones keyboard is a 9/10

Overal this device is excellent. Very fast and responsive as a iphone. Very chuffed that the MP3 player is as good as my ipod touch so i have no need for an ipod
wink.gif

All i need is a 32gb sd card hehe.

I am going to start creating some personalized apps for it. This thing is a beauty i tell ya.

Why has everything got to be a iphone beater?
Because according to the average joe, the iphone is the best ever phone. Glad more people here have moved away from the iphone and experience other brands out their particularly Android.

Jonney have you bought a pouch yet, if so where from?

Cheers.

I've ordered it but it hasn't been dispatched yet, should get it by Tuesday at the latest.

Back
Top Bottom