HTC Mobile Phones Thread

No, there hasn't been any movement at all, must be a long list.

No, there hasn't been any movement at all, must be a long list.
Have you ordered from T Mobile on contract too? I pre ordered the sim free one from Handtec and it's not due in stock til April 7th, so I'll probably get it on the 9th at a guess...

Have you ordered from T Mobile on contract too? I pre ordered the sim free one from Handtec and it's not due in stock til April 7th, so I'll probably get it on the 9th at a guess...

I ordered from Mobiles.co.uk, its on a T Mobile contract.

I read yesterday that the phone failed a last minute quality check on T Mobile and it was software glitch (T Mobile software). However Mobiles.co.uk is a Carphone Warehouse company and the Desire they sell is unlocked and unbranded so it shouldn't be affecting my order.

Does jonneymendoza know about this problem with the T-mobile handsets?

No not that im aware of. what glitch? Head over to xda forums. there is no mentioning of a glitch with our devices.

if there is, we can easily install the default custom ROM for it.

As long as its not a hardware issue, i dont mind.

I've found out that Mobile.co.uk have run out of stock, would have been nice if they had sent me an email to let me know.

The deal isn't as good, I haven't seen anywhere that is offering the handset for better than £40.

Just got word that it'll be despatched today or tomorrow.

Cheers.

EDIT: I've got the phone now, its beautiful.

Last edited:
Ruddy hell, Handtec have already charged me for the HTC Desire even though it's not due in til the 7th! Cheeky bastards. I better get one on the 8th or 9th then or there will be trouble.

How do I get HTC Sync to work?

I downloaded the software but it won't let me click on the sync buttons.

I'm guessing you're on Windows 7? If so there's a slight problem with the HTC Sync Software, google it for a fix though.

got the desire too. very nice. looking to get rid of the hd2 now....

HTC sync seems to work for me (win 7) but unresponsive at times.
liking the Google Talk app. is there any way to get msn contacts on that?

Any recommended apps for the android people???
Also i've added the power control widget but can't figure out what icon 3 and 4 are (from the left)

Mobile Internet, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Brightness Control.

I believe they are all on the power control widget, not sure which order though!

Definitely is. I wouldn't say it's blown me away cos alot of the features are in the HD2. The HD2 though had 3 major flaws, first Windows Mobile, credit to HTC for masking the ugly and down right crappy OS but overall it just wasn't enough. Many times it would just crash when i got a text message and i wouldn;t know the phone had crashed until i tried to turn it on from sleep mode.
Secondly the size of the phone was just too big. It was one of the first things that attracted me to the phone initally but the size of it made it quite uncomfortable in the hand, especially when operating with 1 hand. As a friend said to me as he talked on my phone "its like holding a cd case to your face".
Finally, the lag with text messages. I use my phone mostly to text and when you'd have more than 100 texts to one person (thats 50 from you and 50 to them) the phone would run very slow, having to wait for the phone to load up every message before it ran at a normal pace. Solution was to delete all messages once it hit the 80 mark!

Only had this desire for a day but it seems to run very well. The interface whilst htc has made it look very similar between both devices, I definitely prefer the android

I think he tried it for 5 mins before deciding he hated it, the HD2 got more time from him I think?

So you ordered a phone, have it imported from America but don't even open it to try it? Seriously? And sold it for a loss?

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time I tried to cancel the order they said it was too late. I think I broke even anyway, as it sold for £420.

I need some help, I got a text from T-Mobile but the phone says that its from random friend from my facebook friend list.

I removed the facebook account and everything displayed properly but when I activated it again it goes crazy.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom