HTC Mobile Phones Thread

The battery life of the desire is pretty shit to be honest :((. I guess I do have the bluetooth on and connected to my car all day though. How's everyone else's?

Day and a half on my desire... mainly using google talk and sms, the odd call here and there.

Found that widgets like friendstream was eating away at the battery

Change it to manual update, that should help.

Not sure how long my battery lasts for but I tend to charge it overnight if I've used it heavily during the day.

13073-500xhtcincredible01.jpg

29th April, kinda takes the piss how quickly these phones are coming out. The Desire hasn't even been out a month in the US and it's got an upgrade?

I think I learned my lesson with the HD2. A decent enough phone, if slightly buggy due to Windows Mobile but the size of it was just too big. Not really comfortable in the hands and as a day to day phone

To be fair there was a leaked document earlier this year that detailed when all these phones will be coming out. Also the Desire and Legend aren't available in the US, looks like the Incredible is a US only phone.

I thought Droid was a Motorola trademark...

Kev, I hear 3 are selling the Desire for £350 on the 20th April, sim-free as well.

Kev, I hear 3 are selling the Desire for £350 on the 20th April, sim-free as well.

Yeah Dags just read this now, going to town tomorrow in store see if they know anymore of if I can pre-order it. If not i'll go down tuesday and pick it up!

4G isn't and won't be supported in the UK, is the EVO really worth it?

4G isn't and won't be supported in the UK, is the EVO really worth it?

I dont care about the 4G aspect. Since it uses WiMax your right in thinking that it wont be supported in the UK but LTE 4G certainly will in the future. The main reason why I like the EVO so much is due to the spec and fantastic form factor.

Still thinking about switching from the iPhone (despite being under contract till May).

Got the older 3G version, so will be 2 generations behind soon - and perhaps 3 by the time my contract runs out.

I assume if I got this;

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/..._$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:13665745|cat:Mobile+#

I could stick my O2 card in it, or am I better off waiting for something else? iPhone 4G out soon, but unless its a major bump on the 3G, I dont think I'll go for it.

I'll keep the 3G to develop apps on though.

Is this HTC much cop?

The Desire is a cracking phone and arguably one of the best out there, well worth getting.

Plus you can develop for Android then ;)

The thing with HTC is that they're banging phones out like there's no tomorrow. You could spend forever waiting for the phone that's better than the one out now :LOL:

I'd say to go for it as the only phone I know that's coming out which looks better is the EVO 4G. And as mentioned earlier in the thread, the UK doesn't/wont support 4G anyway so it's not much of a difference really.

Can't check the price, Play is blocked in work, but Kevano just bought one sim-free so he should be able to tell you if it's a good deal. I know he was looking at Play but not sure if that was where he got it from in the end.

But yeah, I think you'll love Android and the Desire if you're coming from the iPhone. The app store isn't as good (although it's getting there) and there's a few nice UI bits and bobs for the iPhone but overall I find Android better :)

The thing with HTC is that they're banging phones out like there's no tomorrow. You could spend forever waiting for the phone that's better than the one out now :LOL:

I'd say to go for it as the only phone I know that's coming out which looks better is the EVO 4G. And as mentioned earlier in the thread, the UK doesn't/wont support 4G anyway so it's not much of a difference really.

Can't check the price, Play is blocked in work, but Kevano just bought one sim-free so he should be able to tell you if it's a good deal. I know he was looking at Play but not sure if that was where he got it from in the end.

But yeah, I think you'll love Android and the Desire if you're coming from the iPhone. The app store isn't as good (although it's getting there) and there's a few nice UI bits and bobs for the iPhone but overall I find Android better :)

Cheers Daz-Man! :)

I went with handtec in the end just because they had stock in on the friday and delivered for me next day, got that for £396. Was originally gonna order from Play so I would say yeah go for it :)

I have never been so impressed with a phone. Within two nights I have been on it from 8pm tll 4.30am (Yes I am that addicted) and also yesterday from midday till midnight (i work from home so spend a lot of time on it too)

It's just pure genius.

I bought a case for the Desire, its designed for the Nexus One but it perfectly fits the Desire.

The only negative is that I paid £10 and then found it £6 cheaper on eBay.

I've got the official screen protector pre ordered at play.com, hopefully it won't get pushed back again, I get paranoid when I put the phone in certain pockets.

I went with handtec in the end just because they had stock in on the friday and delivered for me next day, got that for £396. Was originally gonna order from Play so I would say yeah go for it :)

I have never been so impressed with a phone. Within two nights I have been on it from 8pm tll 4.30am (Yes I am that addicted) and also yesterday from midday till midnight (i work from home so spend a lot of time on it too)

It's just pure genius.

Really? What the hell have you found to do for that long on a phone?! :LOL:

Really? What the hell have you found to do for that long on a phone?! :LOL:

Well I was just messing and playing around seeing what everything was doing, I like to fully inspect everything! I was working too so I wasnt 100% focussed on the phone for all this time, but for the majority i was :D

I was syncing contacts, updating details and stuff for a few hours too so it all links seamlessly. Loving everything about it at the moment. I have ordered a leather case with a soft inside and also a phone charged for the car for a couple of quid.

tobi will you let me know what the screen protector is like, im after one as im gonna be paranoid too!

Oh also got a years worth of full insurance for the phone for just under £50 including quidco :)

Back
Top Bottom