HTC Mobile Phones Thread

I need some help, I got a text from T-Mobile but the phone says that its from random friend from my facebook friend list.

I removed the facebook account and everything displayed properly but when I activated it again it goes crazy.

Anyone know how to fix this?

hammer1.jpg

is there a massive difference between the N1, the Legend and the Desire?

Google is your friend ;)

But there is between the Legend and the others, the N1 and Desire are pretty much the same.

Its a toss up between the N1 and the Desire for me right now

Pretty much no difference between the two.

You want noise cancellation for your phone calls so they sound clearer?
You want a physical trackball?

Go for the N1.

You want the extra bit of memory (although it's not needed when you use a custom rom anyway)?
You want an optical trackball?

Desire is the choice.

OS doesn't come into it really as both Android 2.1 and Sense UI are possible on both phones so there's very little in it.

I'm running Sense UI on my N1 so kinda got the best of both worlds I guess :)

Well I got the Desire last night, now all I need is to unlock the bloody thing as currently its locked to T-Mobile.

So frustrating having it sat there looking at me and not being able to do owt with it!

Well I got the Desire last night, now all I need is to unlock the bloody thing as currently its locked to T-Mobile.

So frustrating having it sat there looking at me and not being able to do owt with it!

You can unlock it online in about 10mins. Tims got the details, He told me where to go. I think it was for all HTC phones?

You can unlock it online in about 10mins. Tims got the details, He told me where to go. I think it was for all HTC phones?

Yeah I am using the site that Tim used but apparently with the Desire it requires a different set of codes and it doesn't make it clear that thats the case on the main page of the site

Yeah I am using the site that Tim used but apparently with the Desire it requires a different set of codes and it doesn't make it clear that thats the case on the main page of the site

Never easy is it :ROLL:

Just a bit of advice for people who use Google to sync their contacts. Sign into Gmail and go down your contacts list and have a look around.

If it's anything like mine was, there's multiple entries for the same person, there was people in the main contact list which weren't showing in "My Contacts" so that they sync with my phone, it was a bit of a mess.

After spending a few minutes merging contacts together so I had one person and all of their details together (email, mobile etc), it was all a LOT tidier and makes your mobile contacts a lot easier to use and more manageable :)

Can someone let me know what it's like, close to buying an unlocked one from HDUK...£350-£400 is a lot of money for a phone so I want to be keeping it for a while

Just a bit of advice for people who use Google to sync their contacts. Sign into Gmail and go down your contacts list and have a look around.

If it's anything like mine was, there's multiple entries for the same person, there was people in the main contact list which weren't showing in "My Contacts" so that they sync with my phone, it was a bit of a mess.

After spending a few minutes merging contacts together so I had one person and all of their details together (email, mobile etc), it was all a LOT tidier and makes your mobile contacts a lot easier to use and more manageable :)

is their an easier way to do this besides doing it one by one?

in my contacts i have liek 2-3 duplicates located from my sim, device and google :FAIL:

I dont think so, Jonney.

Worth doing individually anyway, that way you can get rid of any OCD and fix tags like a mobile that's classed as "Other" etc :LOL:

Are you doing the changes on Gmail contacts through a PC and not your phone? It's really quick on a PC and then you just choose to only display Google contacts.

I sync my contacts and calendar with MS Outlook and it's brilliant. Synced everything from my Hero to my Desire in about 3 mins :)).

Overall I'm still stunned by the speed of the Desire! Going from Hero to Desire is like going from Amiga to Xbox 360 :LOL:.

I sync my contacts and calendar with MS Outlook and it's brilliant. Synced everything from my Hero to my Desire in about 3 mins :)).

Overall I'm still stunned by the speed of the Desire! Going from Hero to Desire is like going from Amiga to Xbox 360 :LOL:.

You think Desire is fast? You should see Cyanogenmod on the Nexus One :LOL:

From my recollection the battery on the Nexus One with the stock ROM was fantastic compared to my 3GS. It would last for upwards of 2 days with WiFi on, heavy browsing, plenty of widgets refreshing and music/video playing.

Just to confirm, any MicroUSB lead will work with the N1/Desire. Just bought a couple of cheap cables, a USB -> mains adaptor and a car charger from eBay for a few quid and they work great :)

Better than having to pay £10 or whatever for a proprietary cable anyway... ;)

HTC Incredible has been leaked:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobil...Leak-for--Incredible--HTC-Desire-Successor/p1

Firming up what we already knew: the Incredible will have a 3.7in WVGA (800 x 480 pixel) OLED multi-touch capacitive display (those resistive screens already feel like a horrible memory), 1GHz Snapdragon chipset, HSUPA and GPS. What proves a pleasant surprise are the 8MP camera with autofocus, 802.11n WiFi, enlarged 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory (plus microSD expansion slot) and Flash supporting WebKit browser. A 3.5mm headphone jack and accelerometer can (happily) be taken as given too.

Back
Top Bottom