Football Manager Live (includes in-depth review)

None of these bugs will happen in the final thing, that's what we've been beta testing it for so long for. I think it was before Christmas when the beta started, I don't think games are usually tested for so long by so many people.

I couldn't go back to playing normal FM now, getting a bid rejected by the CPU isn't the same as being told to "fuck off" by an actual person... Seriously though it's a lot more satisfying beating someone, when you know it was a person trying their best rather than a machine that can bend the rules as it wants. Same with winning the league, you've been the best out of 20-odd other people if you win, it's immensely satisfying ( I should imagine :( ). I love the game but I'm wondering if it's worth buying the final product, purely because I've played this one for a few months now, had my fun and I don't want to have to start all over again from the very bottom with crap players and crap money...

If they give the beta testers discounts then I probably will. :D

After getting my quality team together (albeit being MASSIVELY in debt), it seems I was rescued. The vast majority of my squad left without me knowing what was happening and the only players I have left are the ones I bid on with my previous squad.

I was doing really well with my old team, getting my highest rank of something like 247th but I'll have to start again now. My forward line is pretty damn good, but then it should be because I now have four strikers on £12k a week (!) so they better score goals for me!

Had to put in loads of wage auction bids last night and wont find out if I've got them until 10pm tonight. I kinda like the wage auction system and I don't. If I don't get half of these players tonight, I still wont have a squad and I'll have to bid on more players, another 24 hours then.

The alternative is to buy players in auctions, but they're nowhere near as good as the players on free transfers so that'd be pretty pointless.

I agree with JB, not sure I can go back to playing FM 08 now. For all the reasons he mentioned. But then I agree with his last sentence too. I've been playing less than a week, still haven't got a squad sorted but it feels like an AGE to work up my skills again. The skills are a nice feature but it takes forever getting there!

Apparentley they've fixed the bug :D Player contracts end next month now and the option to Set Contract Renewel is back, thank god for that.

Enjoying it, CB?

Yep, i´m with the previous posts. The more i play this game the more close i am to uninstall FM08 from my PC but i can't see myself paying 5 £ / month plus the hassle of starting from ground zero.

Ohhh just got access to the beta forums, some interesting ideas going around that they might implement :))

Even SI are asking players what we think could improve the longetivity of the game :LOL:

No, just you Stef. You dirty sex pest ;))

We've been entered into the CFA cups and league now :))

"Due to Division One increasing by two teams, all Division Two playoff teams have been promoted."

OH MY GOD!

I'm not ready for this!

:eh:

Me, Stef and Rob are in Div 1?

Stef, I asked how long the beta will last, the general feeling is they reckon maybe 2 1/2 months.

Is that a statement or a question? Made up if you are, I'm not looking forward to getting my arse handed to me every week. ;)

Erm, asking for clarification I guess. I'm PRETTY sure I looked at the news this morning and it said Div 1. Because I thought Div 2 was the lowest and I was confused why we weren't placed in the bottom division.

I don't think I seen your name in the Div 1 teams though, JB?

Div 2 is the lowest division, that's where you should be placed - perhaps they're relegating some managers to the bottom for not playing enough games? Or perhaps there's been so many managers deleted and then added that the first new ones to arrive have been stuck into Div 1? God knows.

I'm definitely in there, it says Division 1 at the top of my screen, but the teams haven't all been assigned yet - that won't take place until the end of the month-ish.

Quality, looking forward to some meaningful games against you :))

My team is looking pretty strong, especially my forward line. Four strikers, one worth £200k and three others worth at least £400k.

Got a 17 year old midfielder yesterday worth £180k

I'm feeling pretty confident I'll do okay, I'll be happy with mid-table.

I wouldn't mind having a bash at this but there would be no way I would want to pay a fiver a month for it, I dip in and out of FM as an when it takes me.
You wouldn't get into this then, during the close-season you have to (well I have to) spend an hour every morning getting my players to sign contracts, and looking at all the players whose contracts are running out so I can get some bargains. It's a nuisance but at the same time it's a fantastic game, and it doesn't get much more realistic than getting emails at 6am saying "your striker wants a new contract, for twenty billion squillion quid a week". :lol:

You wouldn't get into this then, during the close-season you have to (well I have to) spend an hour every morning getting my players to sign contracts, and looking at all the players whose contracts are running out so I can get some bargains. It's a nuisance but at the same time it's a fantastic game, and it doesn't get much more realistic than getting emails at 6am saying "your striker wants a new contract, for twenty billion squillion quid a week". :lol:
From what I've seen JB it looks really good but I wouldn't have the time or probably the patience to do it, I take it there's no Transfer window as such then?

No transfer windows nope! You can spend as much time as you want playing it. You could sign on once a week and hammer through a load of matches, or sign in every day and play a couple a day.

Especially at the FA we're in, Casual Football Associated, is aimed at players who wont login constantly. You don't have to play every game either, I think in our FA the AI can take control of 50% of your games.

No transfer windows nope! You can spend as much time as you want playing it. You could sign on once a week and hammer through a load of matches, or sign in every day and play a couple a day.

Especially at the FA we're in, Casual Football Associated, is aimed at players who wont login constantly. You don't have to play every game either, I think in our FA the AI can take control of 50% of your games.
So can you decide how things work within your own league?

You have a fixture list, there's games every day, but after so many days it becomes an "AI game" and the person who's been online longer (or the person who's requested to play that game more frequently) gets to play the AI.

You have a fixture list, there's games every day, but after so many days it becomes an "AI game" and the person who's been online longer (or the person who's requested to play that game more frequently) gets to play the AI.

What I was thinking JB for people who have not become a permanent fixture to their PC ( ;)) ), you could get a league together and set it to run at one or two games a week, I know your season would be as long as the real thing, but it would be a way of having a real life :whistle: and not end up having the AI play your season...

The FA leagues are your bread and butter, like the real-life leagues - any league you run on the side with one or two games a week (which I don't think you can fiddle with anyway, I think it's automatic scheduling) is a friendly league, although you can set an entry fee and a prize fund for each finishing position.

If you're not permanently attached to your PC you shouldn't be paying £5 a month for it basically, like buying Setanta and only looking at it when a Man United game is on, i.e. never. :lol:

How flipping addictive is this game?! I'm doing crap but once my scouting and coaching improve I'll be ready.

I can't remember the last time I was so addicted to an FM game, would've been years ago.

FML makes me check for news and players before I go to work, then wishing I could get FML passed the proxy in work, then getting home from work and checking news/players again :LOL:

And the league hasn't even started yet!

JB, do you get people constantly hassling you for games in the first week of the season? I've got a feeling everyone will hammer through games in the first week or two and the last two weeks are just to play stragglers?

JB, do you get people constantly hassling you for games in the first week of the season? I've got a feeling everyone will hammer through games in the first week or two and the last two weeks are just to play stragglers?
The way it's been for me so far is like this (bear in mind this is purely because it's the beta and there's tons of knobs who sign up adn then never log in again)... You play three or four people on the first day of the season, then after that you're left to play the AI for a month. No joke.

It really pisses me off, but A) it won't happen in the final release because I doubt anyone will pay £5 a month not to play a game, B) they've chucked a load of morons out now so it might be improved, and C) this was in the lowest division - I've not been in a higher division before.

WOOHOO!

Got a good few wins under my belt last night, enough to propel me to 92nd in the world rankings! :DANCE:

Back
Top Bottom