Football Manager Live (includes in-depth review)

Some DODGY refs!

4 mins of injury time, I'm winning 1-0 ... they scored in the 95th minute!

ROBBED! :censor:

Played JB.

He scored the winner in the 94th minute.

:-ll

Oh, and the game said it might've been a dodgy decision too ...

You've got to adjust tactics on the fly, you've got to slow it down when the players get tired or they'll exert themselves too much, try playing the second half at a slightly slower pace. And do some subs next time! :lol:

You've got to adjust tactics on the fly, you've got to slow it down when the players get tired or they'll exert themselves too much, try playing the second half at a slightly slower pace. And do some subs next time! :lol:

To be fair, they were late 70's anyway, which means they've got tons of fitness left. In FM 08, most players get to late 70's in fitness towards the end of the match so I'd expect the same in this. Doesn't seem the case though, seems most players stay around 80's?

And the rating system seems a bit shit I must say. CONSTANTLY getting 5/6's and the occasional 7? So NO player has excelled in any of the games I've played enough to warrant an 8 at least? It seems way too strict. Even looking at the team top of the Prem, he's only got like 4 players with an average rating in the 7's.

Dags is moaning and the game isn't even out yet :lmao:. That's gotta be a new record! :DD

I was invited to a 1 star only cup. Played 4 games and am 2nd! I had a run of 6 games unbeaten.

Yep, I've signed up for three cups now while I'm waiting for the season to start.

Made my first big signing last night. Got a 19 year old Brazilian goalie, got into a bidding war with someone else and ended up paying £80k for him I think.

His market value is £500k though ;))

I've noticed this too with all of my games played:

The new gripe I have now is exploits, cough, I mean tactics. When does a tactic stop being a tactic and become an exploit.
Some would argue never but this is supposed to be football so if something would not work in real life but works with the match engine then in my view it's an exploit.

The first big exploit was narrow, 4-1-2-1-2 everything through the middle, SI kind of fixed this by getting wingers in to cover and actually you can counter it with your full backs moving up and changing MR to AMR.

Maybe a touch of a high line or if not counter attack. It seems to have gone out fashion now.
The new fashion is loads up front, 4-1-3-2 or 4-0-1-3-2 one spreads the front midfields out to the wing the next all through the middle. I'm not really sure what works againts this as I have a case of BF so it looks as if something is working but of course with BF your kind of in passenger mode.

In reality playing with a high line should leave the heavy forward line wide open to a counter but it doesn't quite work out like that. It almost does but not quite, it's an exploit that generally works more than it should.

Another fashionable formation is 4-3-1-2 again little width offered. Is wing play broken in FM Live I wonder? You don't see long accurate diagonla balls out to wingers too often and when you do the winger runs to by line and cross when there is ample opportunity to run on goal have a shot.

In the last ten opponents I think I saw one conventional formation, so either the professional football managers are wrong or the match engine isn't quite perfect :)
It's still a good match engine but these narrow heavy attacking formations do my head in after a while.

Just read the pricing of the game is a "couple" of pints, whereas I thought it was one pint earlier?

So that's at least £5 a month then? Not sure the game is good enough to warrant paying £60 a year for (if it's £5 and not more again).

Especially just reading that someone ranked first/second in one of the GW's has already given up because they're bored.

On Monday afternoon, the emails started arriving - from the club accountant, the physio and the training staff. They gave me updates (into my work email account) about how my players are doing in training, who is ready for their first team debut,who has been injured and how the club finances are looking. In essence, keeping the game alive in your imagination long after you've logged off! It's scary stuff, but a tactic that's worked its way under my skin.

That's interesting, I've not received any emails like that? Well, emails in the game. I haven't got emails being sent to my real email turned on. Maybe I will now :))

As the season ended last night, apparantly approx 2200 players became free agents as loads of managers were cut from the beta.

With that in mind, and the fact I hadn't won a game in 10 matches, I thought I'd use my second restart allowed and see if I can pick up a better squad.

The restart function told me it'd also cancel all of my bids.

I restarted, got a goalie and my defence. Then was told the server was going to be shut down for ten mins to fix a bug.

Loaded up FML this morning. It didn't cancel my bids. So after getting a goalie and defence, it had signed the players I bid on with my previous squad. Of those five signings, only one is good enough for my first team.

That left me with £150k to get a midfield, forward and subs :censor:

I've managed to get together a decent squad after some digging around. The striker i'd previously bid on looks quality (cost me £100k and MV is £450k) so I'm hoping to win a game this time, despite all of my chances ;))

The more I play FML, the more I think going back to FM 08 will just be too weird. I enjoy the human aspect of it all, buying and selling players and obviously playing matches.

I think the opposite. The more I play FML, the more I want to play FM08. I want more realism and the ability to manage a team calmly and at my own pace. I wish all the deeper features such as skills were in FM08 though.

As the season ended last night, apparantly approx 2200 players became free agents as loads of managers were cut from the beta.
Holy crap... I didn't know that. Busy morning for me then. :|

With that in mind, and the fact I hadn't won a game in 10 matches, I thought I'd use my second restart allowed and see if I can pick up a better squad.

The restart function told me it'd also cancel all of my bids.

I restarted, got a goalie and my defence. Then was told the server was going to be shut down for ten mins to fix a bug.

Loaded up FML this morning. It didn't cancel my bids. So after getting a goalie and defence, it had signed the players I bid on with my previous squad. Of those five signings, only one is good enough for my first team.

That left me with £150k to get a midfield, forward and subs :censor:

I've managed to get together a decent squad after some digging around. The striker i'd previously bid on looks quality (cost me £100k and MV is £450k) so I'm hoping to win a game this time, despite all of my chances ;))

The more I play FML, the more I think going back to FM 08 will just be too weird. I enjoy the human aspect of it all, buying and selling players and obviously playing matches.

Well, it's completely screwed me up. The last of the players have just arrived and I'm now £-179k in debt! I need to last until Tuesday morning when the season starts otherwise I'll be declared bankrupt and my whole squad sold off!

ARSE! (no, that's not my team name)

I just got a ton of mail saying the vast majority of my squad has left as I didn't confirm my squad! I can get them back though, and it's nice to be back in the black with my finances but I do think I need those players back, had a great team!

Oh, my team is Dags FC :))

I also can't play any matches now until this time tomorrow due to having to do wage auctions for 24 hours :((

All my players contracts will end tomorrow and i can´t find any option to renew them. Am i missing something?

When you look at your squad screen, at the bottom it'll say "Confirm squad" or something alone those lines.

:| That's got to be the biggest bug so far, dear oh dear.

I hope it's sorted for you before it's too late, that's really bad. It'll put a few people off buying the full thing that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom