Football Manager Live (includes in-depth review)

The game really needs more to do. After a week of playing, I'm now starting to get the feeling of the game being more of a chore than anything.

It really just seems to be a case of log in, check messages, play X amount of games, rinse and repeat. There's not much else to it and I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the longetivity of it all now :((

Won my first cup without even being there :((

I qualified for the final this morning and had to wait for the other semi result.

Just logged in and the final had been played and I won 3-0 :LOL:

:DANCE:

I've been promoted to the Championship league :|

They really are kicking out a load of time-wasters - thank God.

After days of not being able to log in, I logged in to find myself 3rd in the league!!!

75f63a6ce97b7a9f418725344a6c5e2e.png

I also apparently broke the 'Dags' Taboo!

I haven't been on it for ages now. Just got no motivation to sign in only to keep clicking to play game, end game, play game, end game and so on.

Just not enough to do I'm afraid.

I've been playing it but the problem is that no one is ever on, for example out my 11 league matches I have played AI team 9 times, I know it is a beta but what is the point of having people in the league who are never on, it is really annoying as I want to play human players, if this continues i'll go back to FM2008.

I spent 3-4 days solid logged in during the close-season, getting rid of the average players and the players coming up to their retirement, and getting in the best talent I could afford. I was online for upto four hours a day - that's a long time for me to spend on a game lately - and now the season has started again they're playing like crap. Totally sucked out all the motivation I had to play the game. But that's not the game's fault, it's my fault for being a poor manager - the same happens in the normal Football Manager, I get a team promoted and then the following season is an absolute nightmare. There's no fun in losing ten games in a row.

I'd have to agree, there really isn't enough to do. I'm not a fan of playing FM08 and having tons of games in quick succession, I prefer to do the bits and bobs apart from playing as well.

So FML is just a bit too much, CONSTANT games.

I've resigned from this, this morning. :(

I spent 20+ hours on the game in a single week, getting rid of the crap and bringing in players from a different world (not literally). It was tiring, and boring, dealing with everyone's contracts and bidding on ten different players a day, knowing I'd only get one if I was lucky, but I was looking forward to the new season so much. So the new season starts, and they were getting less points than my previous bunch, and playing a hell of a lot worse. And the amount of last-minute comebacks killed me - even though I realise it's probably my fault in some sense, when you try to fix it and it's still there, it removes all motivation to play the game.

Gutted, because I really loved it at first, but I've had my fun with it now. But I'm grateful it was for free.

Thats a shame JB.

I know that I will not have the patience to play this game. Which is also a shame.

I spent 20+ hours on the game in a single week, getting rid of the crap and bringing in players from a different world (not literally). It was tiring, and boring, dealing with everyone's contracts and bidding on ten different players a day, knowing I'd only get one if I was lucky, but I was looking forward to the new season so much. So the new season starts, and they were getting less points than my previous bunch, and playing a hell of a lot worse. And the amount of last-minute comebacks killed me - even though I realise it's probably my fault in some sense, when you try to fix it and it's still there, it removes all motivation to play the game.

Gutted, because I really loved it at first, but I've had my fun with it now. But I'm grateful it was for free.

Sounds like the game could struggle when its officially released if people are getting bored this quickly

Jack you should have sold me your best players first and bought my crap for lots of money lol I'm loving it

I loved it for three months - and if you think about it that's a long time to play a game, most people shunned GTA after less than a month. It's a good game.

I'm not sure it'll last, the full release. People do seem to be getting bored of it reasonably quickly, even people doing well.

The first few months it'll be like hotcakes and TONS of people will pay for the month. After that month, the numbers will dwindle considerably I reckon.

Man if you can't hack it JB the games no chance... :SS

Hi guys. It was interesting to read your suggest and experience about FM Live. Something like this was expecting. Well, it's still enough time for the time when it'll be released (expecting in Nov, when new players db will be ready) so SI still have time to improve things testers don't like.

I'm a Ukrainian FM fan. I don't have account in FM Live but if you have an invite please let me know, i'll be thankful ;))

And don't forget that we always have our old good CM... :lmao:

Just got an email telling me I can register my team ready for the full game, and that I can pay a special "beta" price of 10p a day to play.

I'll probably pass though.

Pricing plans for standard users:

3 months - £22.99
6 months - £43.99
12 months - £72.99 :SHOCK:

Do they seriously think people will spend £72.99 a year?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email telling me I can register my team ready for the full game, and that I can pay a special "beta" price of 10p a day to play.

I'll probably pass though.

Pricing plans for standard users:

3 months - £22.99
6 months - £43.99
12 months - £72.99 :SHOCK:

Do they seriously think people will spend £72.99 a year?!

Not even half of that price.

Back
Top Bottom