Football Manager Live (includes in-depth review)

Me please Jack!

Edit: Damnit, I keep refreshing the main Evo-Web page seeing if there's any update in here to see if I can get an invite :(( Fingers crossed ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I need your email addresses to put in so they can send the invite to you! :lol:

I've used your profile email addresses (sometimes being a mod is handy), so if you've kept it up to date then you should be getting an email once SI have prepared the invites - if not, sorry. If I didn't proceed this morning then it might have been too late so I've done what I can. Here's hoping you all get in.

Too late to start supplying email addys now, I've already done it - like I said, I just looked up the emails on profile. Thankfully I already knew yours though, you added me to your MSN the other day. :D

Thanks a lot JB, you are a legend :)).

I am installing the game now :).

are you all in the same game on your own or with others?

if its just people from here ill have 1 if theres any left :))

Thanks

All five have been used up, and it's not like Gmail - it's a one-off thing, they won't be doing it again. The game is ready for release, they're only doing this to test how the servers will fare when they're packed with punters.

Just a note for those who have got the invites and are selecting leagues... The CFA has an English structure, there's a lot of AI games played - meaning the testers have fucked off and you have to play virtual opponents, but it's like that everywhere, AND if you join the CFA (and I don't win the playoffs that I've just got into, WOOHOO), we could play eachother next season in the CFA Div 2.

Just a thought. If another FA takes your fancy we can make a friendly league anyway. :)

I joined the NFA because that's the one it suggested when I answered the questions it asked :( Is there a way to change it now?

EDIT - Yes there is, I am switching over now :).

No Rob your not allowed in this until you get sacked from Coventry!

As soon as he gave the free-kick I knew it was going in. :(

A playoff team beaten against a bunch of old men. Don't think I'm going to get promoted somehow... So see you next season... :(

Just a couple of hints for you guys: do not use the auto-picker!

You will only get crap players, it won't pick out good ones. If you pick yourself, even though it takes an age (work out the average wage you can pay each player - more on that in a minute), you will get the best players available to you.

Try and get as many players as possible without sacrificing too much quality. Using the options menu you can set a senior team and a reserve team, and a U21 team (but I don't know if I'd recommend that, I've got one and they're a waste of space - the big clubs will spend stupid money, and I mean stupid money, on buying anyone REMOTELY good under the age of 21). Say you've got a 300k budget, I would dedicate a big chunk to the seniors, a smaller chunk to the reserves (you'll only rely on them when you're desperate) and if you decide it's worth it, a smaller chunk again to the U21s. Figure out the average you can offer to each player and try to stick to it. One player does not make a team!

The other reason to do this is that you get prize money no matter where you finish in official leagues. So if your senior squad finishes mid-table and your reserve squad finish bottom, you still get two lots of prize money - same with the U21s.

Whether you get U21s or not is up to you, my U21s are bottom of the league because the big boys walk all over you - but if they have massive potential (you only find this out when you get the scout skills), you can make a lot of money when you sell them.

Finally; this is contract renewal time (end of season) so do a search, go to "all players" and set the filter to "contact expiring in seven days". As long as their contract isn't protected (it'll have a locked lock next to it if it is), you can put in an offer within 24hrs of the contract ending.

Just be wary that whatever you offer is what you will pay if you win. I offered £25k wages to a DM called Diara, thinking that it would be like eBay - e.g. if someone else bid £10k, I would get him for £11k, because this is how it works when offering free contract players or your own players contracts. But it doesn't work like that for other people's players... Nearly bankrupted the club. :eh:

Last edited:
Bugger, I read those tips too late and auto-picked :((

Oh well, I free'd off a few WB's as I needed full-backs instead. Got a pretty decent team, albeit a bit old but they'll do :))

There is a reset button, but you can only use it twice. I restarted within 48hrs when I first signed up!

I just don't understand these times I'm given for learning skills.

It says in "Time to learn" it'll take 1hr 16mins but when I select to learn it, the actual time is 2hr 32mins?

Oh crap, I'm too late for the invitation giveaway, if anyone of you will get same kind of message keep me informed by saying it here, thanks.

I just don't understand these times I'm given for learning skills.

It says in "Time to learn" it'll take 1hr 16mins but when I select to learn it, the actual time is 2hr 32mins?
In brief (in other words, here's an essay on it)...

Every minute that you're not learning a skill is converted into "double skill point" time - for example, if I start learning a four-hour skill at 12am and go to bed, at 4am the skill learning completes, and if I then sign in at 8am I'll have four hours of double skill points time waiting for me.

BUT if you have any double skill point time waiting for you at all (any whatsoever - and you'll always have some unless you never sleep), the time it takes to learn skills will show the time it would take if you had enough double skill points time to learn it at double speed. When you drag the skill into the learning box, only then does it show the real time it will take to complete.

I'm not very good at explaining but hopefully that's of some use to you.

Haha how addictive is this game? "One more match, I'll just tweak my tactics slightly ..."

Just played some guy in a friendly, I had TWENTY shots and it finished 0-0, my strikers are crap :((

Cheers for the explanation JB, I get it now. It's odd that the TTL time is assuming you have skill boost, surely it would've been better if it showed the TTL without the boost?

One other thing, could you help me understand the finances? They're really hard to get the hang of it seems. Apparantly my transfer budget is £1.2m, cash is £330k but I can only spend the cash and not the transfer budget?

You can put yourself into debt, so the transfer budget includes the maximum amount of debt allowable. It's not recommended going into debt until you're at least 2 star or 2.5 star reputation - the higher your reputation the bigger your daily income, and the way to raise that reputation is by winning matches.

It's in beta-testing phase at the moment, you can't buy it yet. Everybody who's already in the game gets five invitations to send out, I've already used mine up now - sorry.

EDIT: Nick beat me to it. The shame.

Just to illustrate my point about the FAs... I was having a look around them this afternoon, it's a shame that the only FA I feel comfortable in is the "casual" one. But this is why I don't like the other FAs, in order of high-low reputation:

• Ultimate FA: One season in nine days, which is ridiculous, as soon as you've bought a player he's too old to play any more.
  • Extreme FA: You play each team four times, which is again ridiculous, too many games in too short a timeframe and you'd have non-stop injuries.
  • Nighttime FA: The starting division contains FIFTY FOUR TEAMS, and that will go up as more join. Again, too many games, it's stupid.
  • Moonlight FA: Switching to one giant league from next season, plus even as they are now there's no playoffs in the starting division, which is a big shame. Makes it impossible to achieve anything for months.
  • Daytime FA: Not bad but only two divisions and piss-all prize money, and the hours are bad if you have work/school/a life.
  • Weekend FA: Doesn't count, it's never had a single member. :lol:
The Casual FA, even though it has a lot of AI-managed teams (although the others have a hefty percentage of them as well), has normal season time (21 days I think), four divisions, playoffs, an English style league structure, proper substitute rules (five subs out of seven) and a big fat prize fund.

So all this is getting reset when the full game comes out, right?

Some DODGY refs!

4 mins of injury time, I'm winning 1-0 ... they scored in the 95th minute!

ROBBED! :censor:

Back
Top Bottom