Football Manager 2011

its just for the sake of experimenting. to lose the with huge margin 3 times, might be something wrong. While Chelsea, they got everything wrong, they losing their previous game, and didn't really look like the same team who won the League. My point is, my team in winning streak with high moral,while barnsley losing their previous 5 games, in a row. i expecting a win, at least a draw, or lose 1-0, not 3-0 or even 5-0.

Maybe you and your players were complacent and lacking motivation whilst Barnsley's players were determined to end their poor run? Then their manager out-thought you tactically as you were just expecting to win without any effort and hadn't really thought about how you would beat them.

Who knows?

Started a game with Palermo. I disable budgets for the first window. Regardless I brought in Maresca.

534g85.jpg

2qa4uc2.jpg

Arrrrgh this game frustrates me so much!!!

Losing away to Dagenham & Redbridge and then at home to Tranmere for fucks sake.

(No offence CD).

Thanks for the links Becanes :D Going to get the latest official patch and all these megapacks then start again :).

Are there any other things that you should add before starting? Kits, Data packs, Competition name fixes etc.? I'll have a look around but any help appreciated :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again B!

The 3D kits are a bit pointless though as the camera isn't close enough to actually see any of the kit details :LOL:.

When you guys make your tactic, do you use the same one the whole season, not changing any of it? Or do you keep the same basic tactic and just tweak minor things for each match? Or do you use a completely different tactic from one match to the next?

Cheers.

Somtimes i use a completly different tactic for very important matches or when my team has lost a couple of consecutive matches...i never noticed this having a negative effect. When it works i stick to it for a while...

When you guys make your tactic, do you use the same one the whole season, not changing any of it? Or do you keep the same basic tactic and just tweak minor things for each match? Or do you use a completely different tactic from one match to the next?

Cheers.

I stick to the same formation and change things up within that formation. Like d line, width, tempo, time waisting. Then throughout the season I might tweak players slighty. Like for example I play a 4-2-3-1 with 2 dm's. My AMC I like to play positive so I change his mentality to 1st notch of attacking. I'll leave it there so even if I am playing defensive, counter, attacking etc. he will still look for forward passes. Another example is that I brough in Roberto Carlos at left wingback. We all know he's an attacking player. Well I tweeked his default wingback position to have him run from deep often and changed his creativity to much. He's still not playing exactly how I want him but I will tweek him little by little. I hope that kinda answered your question.

It's captured me :)). Started my current game on the 26th November, and now 8 days later I've already completed the first season :LOL:.

Finished 7th and just missed out on the playoffs, but we didn't deserve to get in them to be honest so I wasn't too disappointed. We got taken over by David Sheepshanks halfway through, and he's put some money in, but now being a completely tight arsed cunt. My wage bill was about 63k, he immediately reduced it to 59k, so I managed to re-negotiate a few contracts and got rid of a few dead wood players and did really well to get it down to 59k. Now the start of the next season and the twat has reduced it again, now down to 49k! What a prick!!! So I've sold a few players for free, just to get rid of them, and had to release a few players on a free. Now got it down to 50k, so he can shove it if he expects any less. Oh yeah, and the minimum he expects this year is to win League One.

Tosser.

[/rant]

Getting really really fucked off with this now. I've tried new players, I've tried new tactics and I've tried apparently tried and tested teamtalks. Can't buy a fucking win.

In quite a few games we are actually taking the lead, but then end up drawing or losing. It's really pissing me off.

:BRICK:

lol on both posts Tim. That's just bad luck. I'm still in the off season after my 1st season. Hopefully will bring a couple of players in and get season 2 kicked off today.

Back
Top Bottom