Football Manager 2011

Looking at a few of the Spurs' players stats, I think I'll be spending a great portion of my early hours in the editor.

Finally a brand new FM to catch my attention again. The meetings among players, agents and board are simply brilliant. Definitely looking forward to this game.

Haven't started properly yet. Done my tactics and training at Newcastle, haven't seen much new stuff as yet. Getting stuck into it tonight :)

I'm enjoying it so far, not played much but the new 3d matches are good and the agents and speaking to the media about players is a nice touch too.

I've not played much, but i'm finding it great! Agents and the reworked interaction modules are wonderful.

There's something odd with the "fake" players in some smaller teams though, they play like superstars :O

Tom tom brady jerseysBrady as his alias, the rapper Shawty hair Mane is hilarious. Of course, I hope Justin Bieber did not hang the microphone in favor of pop rap, but I appreciated your rap. A video clip of the part where he calls Tom tom brady jerseysBrady, QB New England Patriots, to copy your Coiff you can see below. It is really surprising that not everyone who made a rap Bieber. After all, running in circles to music artists Usher and other senior R & B. I think we will see more of the work of Bieber rap, but I doubt it will soon overtake Eminem. What do you think of Tom Bradytom brady jerseys Justin Bieber hair rap?

====
cheap nfl jerseys

kobe bryant jerseys

tom brady jerseys

terrell owens jerseys 3900

drew brees jerseys 6600
Yeah. Your mother.

Spent an hour on the demo last night, found it a pleasure. Somehow managed to put my foot in it with Gomes though, and he requested a transfer after just two days and one conversation with him. Wouldn't talk to me after that, fuck! His morale went from Very Poor to Good following good performances in the friendlies but this seemed to make him more confident about leaving!

I'll be getting the full game.

I'm liking it. Haven't really had any interactions with agents yet. I wonder if it's because I'm in the npower championship. Maybe I need to try to get more players. Night matches are sweet. Can't wait for the full game. But the demo will take me up to the full game.

I like the conversations but they can be a bit stupid sometimes.

Example, my backroom staff told me to tell a player to try more crossfield passes, so I did. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Hi I'd like you to try more crossfield balls."
Player: "Oh, well I don't think there's any point."
Me: "Ok, well I'd like you to just give this a try." (the other option was basically "Ok, fine don't do it")
Player: "Look, I said no. I'm going to go before I say something I regret."

:CONFUSE:

Now, he's got a PR box next to his name and in his personal tab it says he has a poor opinion of me and he's unhappy! I asked if he'd try to pass the ball a certain way, not rim the youth coaches, what's his problem?!

Anyway, that's silly.

I wish there was more interaction with the agents too, and I hope they're editable and someone makes a patch with real agents and stuff like the journalist one. :)

Example, my backroom staff told me to tell a player to try more crossfield passes, so I did. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Ok, well I'd like you to just give this a try." (the other option was basically "Ok, fine don't do it")

Now, he's got a PR box next to his name and in his personal tab it says he has a poor opinion of me and he's unhappy! I asked if he'd try to pass the ball a certain way, not rim the youth coaches, what's his problem?!

Anyway, that's silly.

I wish there was more interaction with the agents too, and I hope they're editable and someone makes a patch with real agents and stuff like the journalist one. :)

LOL

Same happened to me talking to James Vaughan... I transfer listed him imediatly! My club, my rules punk! hehehhe

Anyway, that's silly.

:LMAO:

This game sounds great!

That's funny Jumbo.

I've had no problems getting my players to adapt their game. Ofcourse I'm Fulham again and I actually beat Chelsea in my first match at home 1-0. Very proud of that.

What the hell has happened to FM???

I used to spend 10 hour sessions, completely engrossed in this game, from the original Domark release on the Amiga way back in '93 all the way up to CM 01/02, after which point the game just became far too complicated and killed any enjoyment for me...

There are just toooooo many variables nowadays for it to be even considered fun.

Edit: Actually, I take some of that back, I remember having a 2-player online game with my mate around 05/06 which lasted about ten seasons and was a lot of fun. Apart from that it's still crap nowadays... There is no 'feeling' in the game anymore the way there used to be. The emotional attachment i used to feel with my players never appears...

Last edited:
Totally agree MJ.

Its one of those weird ones - the more a sim is 'realistic' the less fun it is.

Look at a high end F1 driving simulator or the Microsoft Flight series - yes, it may be incredibly accurate, but unless you can invest absolutely hours into it, it will be very frustrating (can see Rock Bands 'Pro' mode heading this way for a lot of people).

FM is the same. Its incredible the amount of stuff you can do in it, but i agree that when Domark were publishing the games, it was just more 'fun'. Probably because even then, it was the most advanced management sim around, so we thought it was out of this world, but it was easier to get attached to your players and teams as that was the main focus really.

I used to be able to play a season in more or a less a day during school holidays, but now, whenever I fire up FM for the couple of spare hours of gaming I may have now and again, I'm lucky if i can advance the game 1 week!

Still a brilliant game, but far too complex to be 'pick up and play' enjoyable.

I'm afraid I disagree with you guys. The options of football games around barely offer any depth - FM is my only source of football simulation that takes into account many variables, forcing you to be careful with your choices. I only dislike the player interactions, but everything else seems to be as close as they can be to reality.

One thing that really bugs me in FM11 is the way they've removed some shortcuts - such as the "Show players button" in tactics. I also can't stand a light skin - I prefer a darker skin.

pb, think you hit the nail on the head when you said it now takes 2 hours to advance a week...

In the good old days, you picked your team and gave your team a set of instructions. Now, you have to give EACH player within the team a set of instructions, along with assigning instructions to counter each player of the opposition. Not to mention team talks and other completely OTT elements.

I wish I could have a breakdown of the importance/influence of all the different variables and then decide that it's not important enough to spend an hour before each match wasting time with it...

The football manager games are still enjoyable, but like most people they have gone abit too in depth.
My favourite ever release was either 97/98 or 01/02.

But with current versions I just get my assistant to do everything.

I'm guessing if I start a game today then when the patch is out tomorrow it won't take effect in my game? So is it best to wait till the patch is out before we start a game? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom