Football Manager 2011

i am holding fire on starting a new game, SI say that the patch will be save game compatible but in the past I have found that all the changes don't come through.

I cant see how it would be save game compatible as they're adding the Liverpool board changes amongst other things.

I've got my copy, if I install with Steam now will I be able to play it or will it lock until midnight like if I'd pre-loaded via Steam?

I don't agree about the complexity - I actually find FM unrealistically easy...

There's a lot of variables and choices available to you, but all you really need to do is; set up the training, bring in some better coaches, sign/loan a bunch of quality free/cheap players (which imo is too easy) and then create a couple of formations and tactics settings that play to their strengths (alternate between them when the game "cheats" and decides to make one suddenly not work for no apparent reason) and one defensive/counter attacking formation/tactic for tough away games and for much stronger opponents.

Continue, play match, continue, play match, continue, play match etc. until the next transfer window, improve the squad, adjust tactics, rinse and repeat ad infinitum. Hardly mind blowing.

I always start off as a mid to lower-mid table Championship side, and it's rare that I'm not a top half Prem side within 5 or 6 seasons, and this isn't just me, you always see people posting success stories and dream teams.

I dont think many people are complaining about the complexity, it is just about the game is so in depth now it has taken away some of the excitment.

As for me I get my assistant now to do all the work, I pick the team and buy the players thats it.

Does setting up the assistent to perfom lots of tasks speed up the procees much?

I got fed up with last few also due to extra stuff..I like it back in 2000 etc..it reached a peak. I think fm 04 was last one I enjoyed a lot.

I wonder if you can get an earlier version with updated rosters?

Funny how IMO my 2 favourite games PES and FM both declined over the last 5 years. In fact its depressing

bring back 2004, pes4, fm 04, euro 2004 happier memories

Last edited:
Does setting up the assistent to perfom lots of tasks speed up the procees much?

I got fed up with last few also due to extra stuff..I like it back in 2000 etc..it reached a peak. I think fm 04 was last one I enjoyed a lot.

I wonder if you can get an earlier version with updated rosters?

Funny how IMO my 2 favourite games PES and FM both declined over the last 5 years. In fact its depressing

bring back 2004, pes4, fm 04, euro 2004 happier memories

Maybe ure the one getting older eheheh

I mean at least for me, no matter how good the game is i just cant enjoy it like 6, 7 years ago when i was younger and with less real life responsabilities... I came to the conclusion that im the problem, not the games.

Started with Liverpool and got £0 for transfers. Started again with the patch and a maximum of £32.5 mil is availiable to spend.

i always found fm series very complicated to start for absolute beginners, are there any guides on how to start or what's important, i get overwhelmed by the amount of menus and options, don't know where to start, i just clikc on continue button all the time because i have no idea and without knowing what you do the game is not fun.

Haha, that patch list is incredible. Sort the bugs out before you release the game, FFS.

Still, at least they make the effort to sort them out.

i always found fm series very complicated to start for absolute beginners, are there any guides on how to start or what's important, i get overwhelmed by the amount of menus and options, don't know where to start, i just clikc on continue button all the time because i have no idea and without knowing what you do the game is not fun.

There aren't any begineers guides for FM I don't think.
The game can seem daunting when you first turn it on but play with it for half an hour and you will soon get used to the interface and the advisor might help.

As for the patch, I know what you mean talk about massive list of changes and bugs.
But these were all brought to the attention of SI when the demo came out as the demo uses the final game code.

The next patch again will prob be about in a month's time fixing more stuff before the final patch arrives in Feb after the January transfer window.

But least the patch fixes small errors about the game which don't make that much of a difference unlike F1 2010 where the bugs are so blatently awful that a 2 year old could spot them.

Maybe ure the one getting older eheheh

I mean at least for me, no matter how good the game is i just cant enjoy it like 6, 7 years ago when i was younger and with less real life responsabilities... I came to the conclusion that im the problem, not the games.

I wonder this also...my ageing and decline in enjoyment of games

But then look around at reviews they say the same.

I play PEs 2011 and think nice gfx but thats it...I put on PES6 and enjoy the gameplay a lot.

FM 10 was just too much stuff on my screen...I remeber back in 94/95 etc..with Beirhoff, Yeboah etc..It was fun but so simple looking back but complex at the time..Then 00/01 really was great...simple game with a bit extra options....04/05ish was changed interface more complex but still fun, interviews etc....now there is just too much info on the screen etc..

I remember like someone else mentioned I would scive school and complete a season in a whole day...I an few weeks Id take Queens Park or Livingston from 3rd Division to Championsh League.....Ok unrealistic but it was fun....now though It may be possible it woudl take absolute months just to run through each season.

AS is said extra realism does not neccasrily bring about extra enjoyment in a 'game'. As can be seen in PES.

Ive not yet started up FM11 yet so will hold back judgemetn....but I mean the older you get the less time you got for the games yet they now have even more stuff in them lol

Started with Liverpool and got £0 for transfers. Started again with the patch and a maximum of £32.5 mil is availiable to spend.

I started with Milan last night and also got $0 for transfers. I didn't know what to make of it, as the next day there was rumor that I wanted to sign someone. I thought perhaps it was due to their current financial climate after getting Ibra & Robinho, but maybe not?

Anyone managed to get the competition names fixed for FM2011 yet? I tried the lnc fix from 10, but can't get it working... Can't get the kits working either. Seems like stuff from 10 won't work at all in 11.

Last edited:
My kits work fine, as do logos. Got the new face megapack, that works. Haven't tried for the name fixes yet, think there's one being made though, it shouldn't be any different from last time though, you defo got it in the right folder?

Ahhh I tell you what I never reloaded the skin cache :LOL:.

And for the name fixes I'm not totally sure I had it in the right folder as I'm on Mac OSX...

Which megafacepack is that jumbo? And how you liking it? (pic quality, etc.)

Good ol' FM. Played it as a kid like a lunatic lol and been buying it for past 3 years but never completing even a season as I find I just don't have the time to play it like I like to play it which means nothing else in life exists lol.... so past 3 years it hasn't been a possibility.

Doubt it'll be this year either... but I just bought it through steam anyway. It's only $40 and the lure is too strong. :D

p.s. They got the Russian league now in there for first year like FIFA? Or was it already there? I think it's a new addition... and a welcomed one!

Russian Premier League was already there my friend.

Still searching for the right team to manage. Started a game with Atlético Madrid but was a frustration due the power of Barça and Madrid (they've only dropped points against me :(). Then, I thought Genoa would be great, however I find a very interesting thing I didn't know. Italian teams can just sign a non-EU player per season. Once again, frustrating.
Gonna try Villa now (my english team is the Spurs but they are "too strong" nowadays. :D

Can't get the lnc competition names fix working AT ALL. Tried pretty much every folder going and it just won't pick it up...

Tim, you have to put the files in both data/Inc and update1100/Inc and, of course, to start a new game so all changes have effect.
I don't have a data folder, just an 1100 folder. I'm putting the new lnc files in there and starting a new game but it still just says Premier Division instead of Barclay's Premier League. I'm on a Mac if that makes any difference...

I don't have a data folder, just an 1100 folder. I'm putting the new lnc files in there and starting a new game but it still just says Premier Division instead of Barclay's Premier League. I'm on a Mac if that makes any difference...

Cannot remember the exact structure, but isnt there an SI folder in your home:your name:documents:

Maybe one of the files needs to go there?

Have you tried a spotlight search (cmd+space) on your mac to find similar named files and then you can just locate the locations that way?

Back
Top Bottom