Football Manager 2010

Yep, got 800k this morning, then it got to 75% and it's pretty much stopped again.

Hopefully some more people will finish it today and we can all finish ours too.

When this is done, i'll have all the logos, faces and adboards added. I'll have to find a massive backgrounds pack too :D.

No seeds now and im only at 30% because i switched the PC off at about 7:00 :LOL:

Maybe Placebo can be so kind and upload it somewhere for us when someone gets a full copy of it :)

I'm up to 75% aswell, turned mine off over night and this morning it did 35% in about 40mins.

Rob, backgrounds dont work this year, they're fixing it in the next patch but that's probably not out til February.

Last edited:
Rob, backgrounds dont work this year, they're fixing it in the next patch but that's probably not out til February.

Next patch should be out before christmas. They will do three patches this year: release date patch, christmas patch and february patch.

I have, by the way, still not received my copy of the game SI supposedly sent wednesday two weeks ago. At first they told us that it had been shipped to Germany to avoid the UK postal strike. This friday they told us that the delay was because of the postal strike in the UK. 1+1=11? Quite pissed of.

(free copy as I'm a researcher)

Last edited:
I'm up to 75% aswell, turned mine off over night and this morning it did 35% in about 40mins.

:SHAKE:

Having plain backgrounds all over the game will be pretty dull, will just have to put up with it I suppose...

SI are getting more like Konami/EA - update the database, add/improve a couple of things here and there and release the game with shitloads of bugs...

Has anyone else played this online? I hate the new "feature" where you can see each and every bid another human player makes on the "transfer stories" thing (click the newspaper icon).
It means the other people can just hijack your transfers if they like the look of one of the players you're going for...

What bugs are in this years version that you've came across then?

I don't understand the hate that you have for Football Manager/SI to be honest. You've been complaining for a while that the game hasn't changed at all, it's not moving forward at all, and it's a buggy mess.

I've asked you before, how exactly do you want SI to improve FM so it's some totally different game that you're expecting? There's nothing wrong with the engine they use at the moment, what do you want them to do with it in 12 months to get it to your standard?

To say "SI are getting more like Konami/EA - update the database, add/improve a couple of things here and there and release the game with shitloads of bugs..." is complete nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

Please, tell me what they need to do next year that they haven't done. And if you think your ideas are something that can be achieved in 12 months, why haven't you suggested these to SI already so they can work on it for FM11 rather than wait a year and then complain again that nothing has changed?

And please supply a list of these "shitloads of bugs" too, as this is clearly the most stable FM in years, probably in its history.

I don't understand some people :CONF:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just had a big bug.
I'm halfway into my first season with Newcastle in the Championship and some guy just bought Newcastle for £145 million, spent £14 million on youth and training ground upgrades and handed me £35 million to spend in the Jan transfer window.

I will say though that having never played a FM game before I love this. I picked up Champ Manager for £2.51 and enjoyed it. But the last manager games I really played were Champ Man 2 on the pc years and years ago and the LMA games on the PS1.

So the things Champ Man had that I'd never seen before really impressed me. But now I've seen what FM has to offer it's like Champ Man was a beta of a full game that's to be released sometime next year. From doing interviews with the press to actually watching the top goals of the month (awesome) - the game has so much for you to play with and break up the monotony of 'match, play with tactics, match, play with tactics, match'.

What a bloody good game.

What bugs are in this years version that you've came across then?

I don't understand the hate that you have for Football Manager/SI to be honest. You've been complaining for a while that the game hasn't changed at all, it's not moving forward at all, and it's a buggy mess.

I've asked you before, how exactly do you want SI to improve FM so it's some totally different game that you're expecting? There's nothing wrong with the engine they use at the moment, what do you want them to do with it in 12 months to get it to your standard?

To say "SI are getting more like Konami/EA - update the database, add/improve a couple of things here and there and release the game with shitloads of bugs..." is complete nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

Please, tell me what they need to do next year that they haven't done. And if you think your ideas are something that can be achieved in 12 months, why haven't you suggested these to SI already so they can work on it for FM11 rather than wait a year and then complain again that nothing has changed?

And please supply a list of these "shitloads of bugs" too, as this is clearly the most stable FM in years, probably in its history.

I don't understand some people :CONF:
I'm not saying i've found loads of bugs on 10 (not played it much yet anyway), but it's just the way they've been in the last few years (remember how bad 08 was until the 2nd patch? 09 to a lesser extent too...) so I wouldn't have been surprised if 10 was the same, but i'll take your word for it being stable on release now. Still if you ignore the bit I said about bugs, the rest of my post still stands true (imo).

The inability to use backgrounds is annoying though and I don't think we should have to wait months after release for 2 patches to eventually sort it.

When you keep working on the same thing for years and years, obviously you will get close to perfecting it somewhere down the line (look at PS2 PES) and for the FM series this seems to be FM10 (I havn't played it enough yet to tell, but again i'll take your word for it).

I still play FM and it's fairly enjoyable, by far the best management game out there (well it doesn't have too much competiton for that title I suppose).

Maybe you're right, maybe there's not much they can do to improve it now, there isn't too much in particular I can think of, but I still don't really think the improvements in recent years have justified the RRP it has (£39.99, although you can buy the game much cheaper) in comparison to masterpieces which took years of effort to create from scratch (like GTA IV).

I'm not the most creative/imaginitive person so i'm not the best person to ask about what to add to games to make them feel different to previous versions, but the guys at SI who I guess would be on pretty good salaries should be able to come up with something...

It just seems to me like SI are rip-off merchants with what they do with the normal FM (as i've said) and the ridiculous pricing of FM Live (£73 a year).

Maybe I expect too much for my money...

Just play with people you like, Rob.
I do, i'm playing an online game with a couple of my mates, i've managed to get them to say they won't abuse it by hijacking transfers, but all they need to do then is say "my scout found him" or similar and they can get away with it...
It wasn't like that in 09, and I don't see why SI felt it would improve the game to add it?

Mine's finished :D I'll keep seeding to help others out as much as I can.

I've spent most of this evening in the editor adding in all of the AFC Liverpool and Bootle players :) It's annoying that I can't find the DOB's for the players anywhere but at least the squads are there of a sort rather than randomly generated players.

Edit: The facepack is quality, even has some player faces for my Marine squad :D

I've got all the logos and faces installed now, really does make the game look a lot better :).

Is there a tutorial or something that shows you how to put in all these different face packs, logos and backgrounds etc etc?

I have never done it before, I will be buying it soon, so it will be nice to know :DD

I'll go for Tim's pack :TU:

Bobby, it's pretty straightforward and there's usually a text file which explains the folder to put the packs into :)

I'll go for Tim's pack :TU:

Bobby, it's pretty straightforward and there's usually a text file which explains the folder to put the packs into :)

cheers, I will look at the text file. Usually when I read those files though I get confused and put it in the wrong place. I will give it a go and I f I have any problems I will come back and annoy you all!

In my third season now. Re-signed Beckham (after letting him go to Spain in my second season) for £1.2m from Sevilla, as well as Sandro, Neymar (fantastic) and Owen (who, again, on a free, is brilliant £ for £). I replaced the departing Gourcuff (as the £42m offered from City was far too good to turn down) with Mario Balotelli for a similar price. I also brought in quite a few of the youngsters from English clubs to build up my Home Grown status for the future (my scouts were raving about Dave Francis from Wolves, so I got him in).

-------------------- Gomes
-------------------- Areola

Srna ------- Rodwell -- Sakho ------- Fabio
Corluka ---- King © ---- Bassong ---- Assou Ekotto

Balotelli ---- Sandro --- Sissoko ---- Modric ©
Beckham --- Palacios -- Bostock --- Giovani

-------------- Defoe --- Ronaldinho
------------- Neymar -- Owen

In pre-season, Clive Allen asks what players he can use for the reserves as I entered them in the reserves league, so I told him any unused first team players. As I wasn't playing any first team games at that stage, that gave them all a chance to play. Owen, Neymar, Beckham, Sandro, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko... they were all banging goals in (Neymar and Owen in particular were utterly superb).

In 2 seasons, I've won :

1 x League title (runners up in second year)
2 x Carling Cup
1 x FA Cup
1 x European Cup (Champions League)
1 x Euro Super Cup

I'm 5 games into my 3rd season, unbeaten (Won 4, drawn 1) and going well. I'm really pleased with the team I'm building, as I have some great players for the future (Neymar, Sandro, Sissoko, Balotelli along with the young players) as well as experienced or players at their peak (King, Ronaldinho, Owen, Beckham, Defoe).

It's a brilliant game. Just need that Megapack v2 now :COOL:

It's pretty good, Brunnoce. It had the badges for Marine and the other teams in the Blue Square leagues so it's got good depth to it.

With that logo and the face megapack, FM looks much better now.

Back
Top Bottom