Football Manager 2010

Thanks for the reply Chris. You're right about the 2d kits, need to get them from somewhere. Maybe you can direct me to get Premiership 2d kits please mate.
3d kits are not even showing in the match, did you manage to get the Premiership kits showing in your game?
I've installed the game via steam.

cheers

I'm thoroughly enjoying this at the moment. Just finished my first season with Spurs. It's a lot better than FM09.

Also interesting to see that IGN scored it 93%. Impressive.

Bought it on Saturday after the farce that was the Arsenal Spurs game.

Played it most of the day and was off work yesterday, too.

In my first season, I was beaten 6 times. I play a slightly breathed upon 4-4-2 and it works pretty well.

At the end of the season, this was my team of the year :

Gomes

Srna
King
Bassong
Benny

Lennon
Sissoko
Palacios
Modric

Keane
Defoe

Defoe banged in around 55 goals, 37 of which in the league. He was on fire, including 7 goals in one game against Hull in a 7-2 win. Even the subs played well, with Crouchy getting around 15-20 goals in total. Pavlyuchenko wasn't used much, in fairness. Bostock was very good, averaging around a 7.80 rating from substitute appearances of debutising for injured/suspended central midfielders. I also had Sandro on loan, who was decent enough. It's fair to say all my players performed well. Special mention to Moussa Sissoko, who is an awesome midfielder (signed from Toulouse)

I'm in the new season transfer window now, about to play my first game in the Charity Shield against Liverpool.

Lennon has gone to Bayern - I could have stopped him but he wanted to leave anyway for some reason, and the £21.5m offer wasn't too bad. I've signed just Beckham on a free and negotiating a contract with Ronaldinho after Milan accepted £14m for him. Think I may need someone a bit pacier like Gourcuff, though. I tried about 8 times for Joe Cole from Chelsea, and when I did finally manage to have an offer accepted, Cole refused to even talk about a contract.

Great game. Loving it at the moment. I have Commentary only but 3D replays of the goals. :))

The way its all set out now i think its more suited to play matches longer so you can see where you need to change to exploit or stop other teams

I used to have it on key but using that now makes the touchline things pointless because you dont know if you should be exploiting the flanks or pressing more and such because you only see chances nothing else

Very true Coopz, but that's a very long process. If I'm going wrong or getting beat, I'll try and amend my formation and tactics to suit where I think the other team are getting ahead. The touchline shout inclusion is very clever, though, and dies work. Great addition.

As said, it's certainly the best in the series yet.

They have achievements now...that is new to me.
Surely, this has nothing to see with the fact that since this edition i'm on XBOX Live ???

I'm in my first season with Lille. You guys are playing this so quick...i've been playing from friday on and i'm still in august 09...Just beaten Motherwell in the Euro League: 1-5 in Scotland and 2-0 at home.
Next i'm against an Estonian team. The board expect us to reach the group stage, which should be possible to obtain.
I'm having difficulties to acquire players.
In the match against Motherwell Eden Hazard scored a hattrick.
This immediately sparked the intrest of Man City who were after him...i asked 12 million Euro and they withdrew. Hazard isn't even unhappy (yet?).

IMHO this is the best edition of the series, great game...

I love the touchline orders and the tactics wizard...both are fantastic additions. Well done SI Games.

Yes, me too, the touchline stuff and the simpler tactics in general are a complete bresh of fresh air :)). Beat my reserves 3-0 last night behind closed doors at The Valley. Media prediction for me is 2nd! So a lot of pressure in my first season. We should finish in the playoffs at least really, and could even push for the title with a bit of luck here and there. Should be an interesting season :)).

Are you in League One now ? If i remember well, Charlton just got relegated from the Championship...i really liked them when they were in the Premiership.

Yeah that's right gerd, League One :((. I really liked us too when we were in the Premiership! :LOL:

Thanks festa :TU:.

Having a bit of trouble with those kits.

I did the .exe kits and checked the boxes but no new kits are showing up.

Last edited:
Is there any way to edit your name once you start? Somehow I've put my surname as my first name and my first name as my surname. What a berk.

Is there any way to edit your name once you start? Somehow I've put my surname as my first name and my first name as my surname. What a berk.

Actually you probably didn't. But there is a check box when creating your manager that does exactly that for some reason. Kind of stupid, I belive it's meant to be used by turkish managers or something.

There's this real time editor FMrte. By this great guy ruci who makes it.

You can pretty much edit anything with that, so hopefully your manager's name too, though I haven't tried that. Maybe give that a go.

Well, in the summer transfer window during my second season, in the end I signed Beckham on a free, Ronaldinho for £14m (after lengthy contract negotiating!). I then decided I could do with more pace down the right than the buck toothed wonder, so I switched/adapted him to play alongside Defoe upfront and made an offer for Gourcuff, which was accepted. I also got Jack Rodwell from Everton for £12m, he's eventually going to be my new centreback.

I'm around 12 or so games into the second season, sitting 4th in the league but having only lost once - drawing way too many games.

Great game. Loving it at the moment. I have Commentary only but 3D replays of the goals. I realise that 3D engine is purely for an added bonus, but what a goal Gourcuff scored for me against Hull last night. Ronaldinho picked up the ball on the half way line, fired it to Gourcuff on the edge of the area, who flicked it up with his first touch and smashed it past Myhill on the volley. Incredible goal.

Some of the animations on the 3D view are really good. Goal replays are class.

Back
Top Bottom